Specsavers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Specsavers Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.1

Optical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Specsavers (Lincoln, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Started with a Group interview. Interviewees were asked to get to know each other and repeat back what they had learned. This was followed by a fairly simple English and Maths tests, then asked one of 3 questions ('If you were a Movie Character what would it be?','Who is your hero?' and a question I can't remember)

This was followed by a callback one-on-one interview 2 weeks later

Optical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petersfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Specsavers (Petersfield, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

was made to wait 40 minuets past the interview time,no reason for this given, my interviewer seemed bored and made me feel extremely unwelcome, never heard anything back from them even though I was told id get a call back what ever happened, extremely unprofessional and the whole process made me feel extremely unwelcome and not worth there time...

Optical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Specsavers (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a relaxing interview- it's more about getting to know the person but you also have to be aware of the specsavers company and any other previous experience is handy! Demonstrate your passion in serving customers and caring for them... maybe you have done some work experience in the past that could back this up!

Interview Questions

• What do you think good customer service is?
      What do you know about specsavers?
      Do you work well in a team?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

on the hours and whether it will be part time or full time. I said part time which means weekends only or well, you can choose e.g 3 or 4 days. This may vary in other locations and stores however

Trainee Laboratory Technician (Glazing) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Specsavers (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

When I first walked in I unknowingly spoke to the manager who asked my to sit and wait. I was waiting for around 15 minuets as I had arrived early, I am fairly sure the manager was judging me the whole time as I was in clear view. I was then taken upstairs by the senior lab technician and was shown into a tiny room where the manager was already sat down. I was then formally introduced to both and the manager when through the routine set of questions rather bored and looking at my body language which put me off a little. I got the impression they had no intention of hiring me and were only interviewing as it was procedure.

Interview Questions

• what do you bring to spec savers?
      do you know the history of spec savers?
      do you know the role?
      Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Specsavers.

Interview

1.5 hours of the manager telling me about the store, he hadn't read my cv before the interview and got my name wrong. 1 question was asked, was more like a chat. Wasn't quite sure how a job offer could be made on that basis and didn't want one to be honest.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Specsavers (Telford, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I got a text saying that I have to fill out an online questionnaire. 11 days later I get a call to come in for an interview. I don't think the store was aware there was an interview arranged since the manager didn't even have my CV ready. But anyway, he asked me the typical interview questions and told me afterwards that they'd be in touch within a week to arrange my trial day. They called me the same day after 5pm saying that my trial is on Saturday. yay!

Optical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Specsavers (Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Sent in cv and week or so god letter for interview very relaxed atmosphere and made to feel at ease as soon as I walked in, very informal thou still nerve wreckin

Interview Questions

• If u were a new crayon the the box wat colour would u be and why   Answer Question

Part Time Optical Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Specsavers (Cork (Ireland)) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out online questionnaire, received a call from agent in UK who arranged an interview. Attended interview,

When I entered the interview, it felt like they already found someone for the position, it was all very rushed and the woman did not seem interested, she asked one or two questions, nothing about Specsavers of my knowledge of them, felt more like I had met her for coffee and we were having a chat.
    I received an email saying i was unsuccessful a week after. I had known that walking out the door

Optical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Specsavers in September 2016.

Interview

Online application was straight forward, offered an interview and prepared lots of answers to common questions, and was surprised how informal the interview was. Just a brief chat about myself. Was slightly concerned about the lack of professional questioning and it was difficult to gauge whether the role was suitable for me or not

Optical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Specsavers (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and heard back a few days later by their recruitment manager asking for me to do an online assessment. A week after this, I got a call for an interview at the store. Very relaxed interview, it lasted around 30 minutes, felt very comfortable. Talked through my CV, and a lot of emphasis on customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you think good customer service is?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for specsavers and what do you know about the company?   Answer Question