SpectorSoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpectorSoft Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at SpectorSoft

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpectorSoft.

Interview

HR round: Was asked few general HR questions and a few technical questions based on Object oriented concepts and WCF components. I was told I would be informed about the next steps in the interview process, but the HR never got back.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SpectorSoft (Vero Beach, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted two weeks later. A week after applying, I noticed the position had been closed, so I was surprised when, a week later, I received an email from HR rep asking to set up a phone interview for the closed position. Fifteen minutes later, I received a phone call from the HR asst. asking the same thing. I returned the HR asst. phone call and asked her to confirm if the position I had applied for was still open, and she said she needed to ask the HR rep and would "call me right back." I didn't receive a response by COB, so I responded to the email with my preferred date/times for a phone interview. Note that the original email stated the HR rep. would respond via email to confirm the actual date/time of the phone interview. I never received any confirmation during the 36 hours until my first interview slot. Just in case, I made myself available during the two slots I had chosen. Twenty minutes into the first slot, the HR asst. called and said the HR rep. was busy in meetings and asked if I could reschedule for the following day.

I made myself available the next day at the specified time. This time, no one called at all, nor did I receive any communication via email by COB. I emailed the HR rep that night asking if there was a mistake in the scheduled time. I received a response 48 hours later apologizing for the confusion and asking to reschedule for later in the week.

This third scheduled phone interview finally took place exactly one week after the first scheduled phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of questions related to my background and experience. The HR rep stated the salary for this position would be about 20% less than what I'm currently making. The HR rep stated she wouldn't feel comfortable offering me this position even if I was comfortable taking the pay cut. She stated she needed to discuss the matter further with the hiring manager, and she would contact me the following day. I never received a follow-up phone call or email.

Interview Questions