Spectrum Athletic Clubs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2018

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spectrum Athletic Clubs

Membership Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum Athletic Clubs.

Interview

They acted like I was Interviewing for a position much bigger than it really turned out to be.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pacific Palisades, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spectrum Athletic Clubs (Pacific Palisades, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty standard. They just want to make sure you don't have an issue being a yes man. Just pretend you are that guy, and you're a shoe end.

Interview Questions

• Just basic what if questions, just say what you know they want to hear. Like i try not to leave any stone un-turned. I love making cold calls etc etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Mine was done all via email. They already knew i was a beast, so it was quite simple. I can say they tend to be on the upper end of the health club sales pay scale.

Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Athletic Clubs (Culver City, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I was ask about my availablity and was ask to instruct a class in order for the manager to evaluate my skills. I was provided a free pass for about 2 weeks so I could participate in other classes which were the same format as the class I would be teaching. The pass was provided to evaluate the other classes and get an idea of the class particiapnts skill level. After intructing the class two week later I was given the opportunity to take over a class.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my availability.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to teach a class to be evaluated.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well there was no negotiation. I was offered a litte more than I was paid when I taught at another club.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Athletic Clubs.

Interview

Met with the front desk manager, was asked basic interview questions such as "what are your strengths and weaknesses, and tell me about a time where you had to overcome adversity" with a few random questions mixed in like "what was your favorite movie this year"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spectrum Athletic Clubs (Santa Barbara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty relaxed, I was a member of the gym and spoke to the manager in her office. It was a quick interview in person and I was hired on the spot afterwards. Overall an easy and good interview experience.