Spencer Gifts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spencer Gifts Interview Questions

Interviews at Spencer Gifts

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Sample Question: "Starting from your very first job, tell me what you liked and disliked about each." I thought this was a vague question and really veered off-point from 'relevant' work experience.

Interview Questions

• Starting from your very first job, until your current one, tell me what you liked most and disliked most about each.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (Albany, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

First Interview is with the Store Manager, 2nd Interview is with the District Manager

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to resolve a problem within the work place   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a sales associate you will get paid minium wage, if you get a management posistion get them to pay you as much as you can.... Sales Supervisors are part time, no benefits, Assistant ant Store Managers are full time, Assitant Managers work part time hours tho.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

It took about a month to get a call back from Spencer's Gifts only did two interviews before hiring. Conducted a background check before hiring. First interview at the store I applied for and second at another store location bye store general manager. Dressed very professional. Less than half an hour each interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you plan something and it didn't go according to plan.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your friends/coworkers did something that you did not approve of.   Answer Question
    • Can you pass a criminal background check.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

On sales floor.. questions are thorough but deliver was poor. Standing up by front greeting guest with loud music trying to give a good impression. Spite the distractions. Interviewer was very knowledgeable and informative.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were a part of a group who disagreed with you. What would you do to change their minds?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West De Pere, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (West De Pere, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

Easy fun, takes about 45min, apply online, don't expect high pay, needs to be flexible with schedule, no felonies, 18 yr or older in most cases, only hires during seasonal and when too many people leave

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very short. Met with 5 people during first interview. The HR professional was the only "professional" interview I had. My other interviews were quick and to the point. They gave me an assessment on the computer to evaluate my knowledge of excel.

I had a second interview with the SVP of Finance which was much more professional and appropriate.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult questions. This was a very easy interview with a great deal of dialog.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me $3K less than my previous position. I did try and ask for a match because I was driving very far from my house (over 50 miles each way). They advised they were not allowed to go beyond my offered salary and that there was a chance for a bonus.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, and then face to face interview. Standard industry practice, and the interview process goes fast as well. They will surely contact you if you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical "How does your previous work experience relate to the current job you're applying for?". Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for the internship and heard back 8 months later. I figured what the heck, I might as well just go for an interview.

The day of the interview was a complete joke. I had a list of 6 Spencer's team members that I was SUPPOSED to meet with but HR told me "Oh well only 1 of them can make it". Fast forward 1 hour later, I am still sitting in the waiting lounge waiting for the 1 team member and HR assures me that this will have no effect on my chances (Complete BS). Finally, after about an hour and thirty minutes of waiting, one of the buyers comes to me and we go back to a room in HR to interview...

"Why do you want to work for Spencer's?"

That was the only question asked...

Long story short, I they set me up to fail and said that the other candidates were "more qualified". Hard to believe considering my past experience and education.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview

Interview was very relaxed. There was a packet with basic customer service questions that the manager went through, and I felt comfortable. The manager said that my future with Spencer's looked good, and I should expect a call the following weekend, but that didn't happen

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with all the products we sell here, particularly in the back of the store?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (Arcadia, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Since I had experience cashiering they suggested I be a cashier.
    The process felt very laid back with a couple questions about the job.
    The application was easy to fill out, I got a call back within a week.
    The whole interview process took about 45 minutes.
    I got a call back after my reference check within 1 week.