Spencer Gifts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Spencer Gifts

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (Amarillo, TX) in May 2020.

Interview

I would do all my work and help people what they needed, I also want to help the workers if they have trouble or something. I will be hired so I can help customers and more people if I have trouble I must ask one of the customers for help.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite horror movie?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online through google. Phone interview. Then in person interview at the home office. Then email position offer which detailed everything I needed to know. All the people I spoke with were very friendly and easy going. They were also enthusiastic and I interviewed with three different people in person.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview

Very Easy! They have their own easy going interview. They like for you to be able to lead the store but also to be able to role plays with staff. To make sure the store can sell. But be able to change the floor sets all of the time.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Received a phone call a couple weeks after applying online to set up an interview the next day. The interview, itself, was only about 15-20 minutes long. I was asked pretty standard questions, such as my availability and related work experience. They called my references, so make sure you have good ones. Pretty simple stuff.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think people shop at Spencer's?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you shopped here?   Answer Question
    • What do you think good customer service is?   Answer Question
    • When were you provided with excellent customer service? When did you receive poor customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts (Coral Springs, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

Sat and got asked questions, manager was very friendly. Questions were pretty easy and mostly about how to help customers while also watching out for potential theft from the store.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker shoplifting.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

This was a one on one interview. I sat down and talked to the store manager. Answered some 'what if' questions. They took me through what was expected of me, and starting pay.

Interview Questions

• If you caught another employee stealing what would you do?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview

I did not even choose to interview with this company. I applied to different positions and have a master's degree with experience. Even though I applied for a marketing position, they were pushing me to come in for a temporary position starting in a week paying $12 an hour. $12 isn't even minimum wage. The woman on the phone was arrogant and started asking about my personal life. And these are the people you hire?? Sorry. I'm not taking a crappy position for pennies when I graduated with my master's degree. They obviously did not want to hire through a temp agency. When I asked why I am not interviewing for the full-time position she told me I did not have the credentials for it... yet I have them for a temporary marketing one?? And yes, I did have the credentials for it. I have a large amount of experience along with my master's degree.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview

Went to meet manager at store and had a 2 hour interview. Easy process some questions then went to sales floor to practice selling to customer scenarios. Was hired within a month.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview

As with any interview, it helps to know the history of the company. Know your trade and come ready with questions. One thing that I would recommend to the company however, is have a better explanation of the jobs posted and that when a candidate interviews, that job posted matches the job discussed. There seems to be a bit of displacement on what they’re looking for versus whom they’re attracting.

Interview Questions

• How many systems do you use   Answer Question
    • What tax experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable calling to get credit card swipe machines and getting them returned.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview

We talked about what music and hobbies I liked, previous work experience, and the basic "are you gonna steal" questions. It was more like a regular conversation if you take out the trustworthy questions

Interview Questions

• Is it okay if an employee steals a pin or quarter   2 Answers