Spirit AeroSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spirit AeroSystems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.6

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spirit AeroSystems in January 2017.

Interview

Very slow and not very well organized in my opinion. First interview was with a hr (I'm assuming) rep. Then was a group interview with a few managers over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a problem when you are not given enough time or resources?   Answer Question

From what I gathered, it didn't seem like a great place to work.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spirit AeroSystems (Wichita, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and within 24 hours was invited for phone screen. Phone screen was non-technical, mostly verifying information on resume, current compensation and desired compensation.
     Next step was the on-site interview with hiring manager and another manager. Questions were asked expecting SAR response on topics such as CI, RCCA, technical specs and project management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a continuous improvement project. What was your role? Please provide content in SAR format.   1 Answer

Inspection Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit AeroSystems (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Went to a job fair. Very long lines, high demand. Went through several steps. Make sure if you get an offer to see if they will counter offer a higher wage. I wish I would have. They always lowball.

Quality/Fabrication Interview

Interview

Presentation of interviewers questions were phrased to reflect if candidate knew any information about spirt aero systems, mission, vision and what contributions you could make towards the success of the company based on your expertise, experience and contributions to the end state. Profits and qualify parts and aircrafts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary fair

Structural Analysis Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit AeroSystems.

Interview

Phone interview, took 30 mins. Was a 3rd party performing the interview. Went over my resume and experience then asked for my desired salary. They did not ask any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your desired salary? Expanded on your experience and duties in BLANK job?   Answer Question

Assembly Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit AeroSystems (Wichita, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an in person one on one interview. They have a list of mandatory questions that the interviewer had to ask. After that, they will ask you if they have any further questions. In the end, they will ask you if you have any questions.

Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spirit AeroSystems (Wichita, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply online, about a week later got an email to appointment the phone interview. The phone interview is from third party, not company, and just collect basic information. It took about half hour and asked the work experience and desired salary. Will let me know after 5-7 business days. I am waiting.

Interview Questions

• Why you left the company?
      What can you bring to the company?

Maintenance Electrician Level A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spirit AeroSystems (Wichita, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Everything began with a meet and greet. Small room. Body language was hard to hide. The interview started with some personality questions the proceeded to my self-descriptive summary of my career. Then I was required to demonstrate the safe way of handling and using specialized test equipment and tools of the trade. The process was finalized with a technical exam that I had to perform while the others in the room made conversation about everything and nothing at the same time. I realized that was a tactic to see how candidates perform with distractions. I jokingly drew it to their attention that they were not going to distract me from the task at hand. They laughed and then it got quieter. I passed.

Interview Questions

• If there were any where else you could apply where would it be?   1 Answer

Stress Design Engineer (Entry-Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit AeroSystems (Wichita, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview conducted approximately one month after online application. Called at exactly the starting time that you specify and lasted under 30 minutes. Not that much pressure, overall a comfortable screening.

Interview Questions

• General and behavioral questions. Other than describing resume, nothing specifically technical.

1) Went over resume.
      2) Why do you want to work for Spirit?
      3) What are your best qualities that you will bring to Spirit?
      4) What are your previous and expected salaries?

Composite Technician Level C (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kinston, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit AeroSystems (Kinston, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took about a week for them to e-mail to schedule my own appointment online. Went to the interview and went well. It's been a couple of weeks, still waiting for results.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Give a situation in which you had to manage people.