Spokeo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Spokeo Interview Questions

Interviews at Spokeo

2.8

Junior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter, then a call with a senior PM. I then flew to LA for the final round interview. I had 3 interviews with different PMs, and then met the founders. I was told Spokeo would follow up within a week, and the recruiter never got back to me. After learning more about the company and meeting team members, I wasn't very interested in the culture or the company, but I still think it says a lot about a company to not bother to follow up with a candidate after flying them out for an interview. Very happy I did not end up at Spokeo!

Interview Questions

Spokeo Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience. We are continuously working to improve our interview process.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The entire process took 2 weeks.(Actually more than 2 weeks but there was Thanksgiving in the middle). I would say the entire process was a little rugged but the final result is quite pleased for both me and the company.

I applied online and get email from HR in a few days. The first phone screen happened next day and I chatted with HR about my background, experience and a few basic technical questions. Since everything went well so we scheduled the next technical phone interview really quick.

The second phone interview was the one that made things a little rugged. 1) Scheduling error happened at the company site then we rescheduled it. 2) The day I was supposed to have technical phone interview, I got a "rejected email" from company, which turned out to be a mistake message because I applied multiple positions. I was not quiet prepared when the senior engineer called me, but things still went well so I got an on-site interview.

The rest was smooth. I met three groups of interviewers and they are so nice. I found the interviewers not only wanted to test my ability but also attempted to find out whether I am a good fit in the team. Asked questions are basic and on-topic which every qualified web developer should know.

They granted me an offer next day, which was really quicker than I expected. By the way, the HR (Devin in my case) is a super cool and nice guy, he always get me response really quick with clear explanations. He can also pronounce my name like a Chinese guy, which really surprised me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I can hardly demand more from their offer.

Dec 16, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Thanks for you feedback on the interview process! I'm glad you mostly had a great experience and we apologize for the "ruggedness." The accidental email you got was a great lesson for us on using our... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and got an email responses within a week to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was with HR which consisted of a quick explanation of my background in software and brief technical questions. HR said they'd schedule another interview for me with one of their teams, but I later got a rejection email instead.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard. Basic programming questions that you should know intuitively as a programmer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

They had to reschedule the phone interview 2 times (after missing both). When they finally did end up calling they gave a brief overview of the company and asked some basic questions (what is a Hash table, difference between a Stack and a Queue, how to search for a phone number in some data). Then I asked some questions and they said they would be in contact.

I waited a week and followed up and they said they were busy changing offices and would tell me if they wanted to move forward later (wtf). Then after another week I tried to follow up again and they said they didn't want to move forward based off technical questions (which, not to sound cocky, I know I answered correctly). Perhaps the experience was poor because I had to keep going through an outside recruiter but I found this pretty frustrating.

Interview Questions

• How would you find all the phone numbers in some text?   1 Answer

Apr 10, 2014 – Director of Recruiting

Thanks for your candid feedback about your interview process. First off, we'd like to apologize for having to reschedule your interview. We know that's frustrating, and we always strive to avoid... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Spokeo in February 2014.

Interview

They gave me a crawler project to do in three days. After submitting the program, they said they had review the program and need time to think give the interview or not. After two weeks, the answer is no.

Interview Questions

Spokeo Response

Sep 5, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Hey there! First of all I'm sorry you had a negative experience with us and thanks again for being willing to do a coding project. We try to make them as fun as possible but it's still work on your... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One phone screen, then followed up by submitting the code sample, then there was a small project related to future work to work with. After that they give me a on-site interview and grant offer immediately

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly algorithm and data structure problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

2 weeks

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first phone interview was mostly behavior and some general questions. The second phone interview was more technical with some basic questions. The last one was an onsite interview that last about 3 hours. The first part of the interview was mostly about front end development and second part was mostly algorithms.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect to have Javascript, HTML, and CSS related questions in the onsite interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Had a phone screen then they flew me out for an onsite. They gave me a rental car and initially told me the wrong address and time for the interview, so it was kind of a disaster since I was inexperienced with driving around in L.A. (especially with no GPS). When I finally got to the interview the place seemed really nice, lots of friendly people and they even gave me free lunch. During the tech interview I thought I did well on most of the questions, I struggled a bit on one but eventually got it. Afterwards I flew home and a few days later I got a generic rejection email. No feedback or anything at all. I assumed someone did better in the interviews and got the position based on the recent interviews posted here, but it really would have been nice to actually get feedback on why I was not selected.

Interview Questions

Spokeo Response

Apr 10, 2014 – Director of Recruiting

Thanks for your feedback, and let me start off by apologizing for the miscommunication regarding your interview logistics. I'm surprised that you received an incorrect address, considering that we... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the a member from the recruitment team and asked to send a sample of a coding project. Then a phone interview was scheduled. It lasted for around 45 mins and consisted of some technical questions and 2 coding questions. Both the questions were previously asked in amazon interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you find the phone numbers in 50,000 HTML pages?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spokeo.

Interview

Met at career fair and applied online. Their recruiter then emailed me and scheduled an interview with one of their engineers. Had a technical phone interview and then they got back to me pretty promptly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky. Know the basics of what you list on your resume.   Answer Question

Aug 28, 2015 – Spokeo

We appreciate your feedback. We have since brought on new management. Thanks again.