Spokeo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.9

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

Very professional, meeting the entire team, ensuring that you are a good fit for the company. The owners are very cognisant of what their recruiting team is doing and whom they hire.

I was give the complete 5 star experience by the entire team, from the meetings to how they handled my arrival and exit.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple of instances where I felt out of my element because they used technology I did not have experience with and terms that seems to relate to their business.

However, I feel it is important to ensure that a candidate met your requirements, especially if you are to work together to the best of your abilities.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo.

Interview

HR reach out
    1 phone interview(1 hour)
         - two tech questions, tree related
     on site ( 3 rounds ):
          one round on screen - with ruby
          two on white board - code question and design question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo.

Interview

I applied online and got a response same day for a call with someone in HR. The call went well and they asked if I had another 30 minutes to talk to the hiring manager. I was free, so I spoke to the hiring manager right after. The call with the hiring manager went great. He was super friendly and just wanted to get to know me.

I was then asked to come in for a 4 HOUR interview, and it took ALL 4 HOURS! First I met with the “hiring manager” that I spoke to on the phone. I put in quotes because although he was friendly, he didn’t have many questions prepared which made me think he wasn’t the decision maker. After him I met with a few higher up Directors and C level members who weren’t the friendliest. They asked standard questions but their body language the whole time wasn’t pleasant. I met with a pair, then a single person, and finally the CEO. At one point, one of the guys made me analyze something on the board from my current job that hand nothing to do with the role I was applying for, so it took up most of the time. I ended the day meeting with the CEO who was friendly but rushed.

I walked out feeling pretty good, and they said they act fast. I should know something the next day or 2 days max. 5 days later I still didn’t hear anything, and followed up via email, only to learn they offered the position to someone else. After hearing the news, I was a bit relieved because the product they offer seems shady, and I don’t if I would have been comfortable working there long term.

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

My friend told me it's a great company and I applied for a position online. Then I had a phone interview. Two questions were really easy. Tree traversal and another easy problem. I finished them in 30 min and got an on-site chance. Onsite interview wasn't perfect. I drove 1.5 hours there and really tired. Front desk staff was very nice and gave me a bottle of water. All the interviewers were very friendly. The first round, I was told to do a simple coding problem using Ruby. I wasn't able to finish it. I am a Java developer and also write lots of Javascript every day. But unfortunately, they are mainly using Ruby. I used it about 7 years ago and forgot all. Another awkward thing was I hadn't used Mac at all (really). I was thinking the keyboard would be the same with my linux keyboard but I even didn't find the copy&paste to use the vim hot keys. Finally I gave up and used the text editor. My suggestion is you definitely should learn Ruby before you go there. They love ruby. The second round, I was given 4 Algorithm questions. I wasn't able to give a perfect solution for the last one. Questions were about Tree, Graph and String. The last round was a system design questions. After finished, I realized it was the famous N-gram question but I went to the wrong direction. Recruiters were really nice during all the hiring process. They even prepared a gift for me.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First, I was sent an email asking that I answer several questions in a response back to the email. This included questions about hours and why Spokeo should chose me. The day after submitted my answers I received another email asking me to come in for a group interview. My group interview consisted of 4 interviewers and interviewees. It was a panel interview. They asked basic questions, why here, hobbies, etc. The next day I received an email about an individual interview. It was me and two of the management. Once again they asked basic questions, experience, why call center, when you think of call centers what do you think of. Finally a few days after the interview I received an email requesting a phone follow up. I was given an offer of employment and am set to start in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Spokeo Response

Sep 28, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for sharing your feedback Recruiting consistently works one-on-one with managers and their teams to guide, mentor, and train individuals on our recruiting process. Our goal is to make sure... More

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I got referred to this position by a friend of mine and I sent the recruiting associate my resume. She was very quick to respond and we set up a phone interview that week. The phone screen was simple and quick, it's your average screening, they wanted me to come in for an on-site interview the following week. I interviewed with 4 people total (the head of recruiting, two recruiting associates, and the CTO) and the whole process took about 1.5 hours.

I was asked several questions about my professional experience and a few situational questions and everyone I spoke with was very personable and intelligent and I was impressed and that the cofounder of the company takes the time to meet and interview with the candidates. The company does value culture and cares for the interviewees experience at Spokeo. I felt very cared for and valued even before i was given an offer. The entire interview/hiring process took about 1.5 weeks which is quicker than the average turn around time in my opinion.

*They gave me a swag bag which I have never gotten before when interviewing with a company. This was a plus!

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult part of your current position?   Answer Question

Apr 18, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our interview process!

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I only had a call with the hiring manager, after meeting the CTO in person at a tech fair in LA. Followup took 4-5 days. It was a position that I was qualified for but probably not a fit for.

Interview Questions

Spokeo Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for your feedback. We are continuously working to improve our interview process.

Senior User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Meeting the Spokeo team was an all around great experience. From the recruiting process, to the actual interviews, to meeting the team, it was truly a pleasure to see the enthusiasm everyone had for the company and the culture they had built there. The interview process itself was rather standard for a design interview. I presented my portfolio to two teams of designers and PM's, met one on one with the product director, met with the two founders, and finally went on a walk through with the recruiter. Overall, it gave me a well rounded view of how the teams operated, what they were looking for in a candidate and the values of Spokeo as a company.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on infinite scrolling vs. pagination and what are the use cases for both?   Answer Question

Apr 12, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable overall experience. Spokeo is proud to employ a team of hard working, intelligent, and creative... More

Senior QA Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall the interview process was good, I was quite impressed by the company and the team. The only thing is the process took some time, so I accepted another offer before receiving an offer from Spokeo.

Interview Questions

• One of the coding questions by the dev manager wasn't easy, I was able to answer it after some guidance.   Answer Question

Apr 13, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with the interview process! The recruiting team and management have partnered together to implement training to... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spokeo (New York, NY).

Interview

Very friendly group interviews, spokeo had drinks and food ready for all applicants. There was always someone there guiding all applicants. Everything was well organized to insure a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• If I was looking for long term or short term employment   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you had a positive interviewing experience!