Spokeo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.9

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First, I was sent an email asking that I answer several questions in a response back to the email. This included questions about hours and why Spokeo should chose me. The day after submitted my answers I received another email asking me to come in for a group interview. My group interview consisted of 4 interviewers and interviewees. It was a panel interview. They asked basic questions, why here, hobbies, etc. The next day I received an email about an individual interview. It was me and two of the management. Once again they asked basic questions, experience, why call center, when you think of call centers what do you think of. Finally a few days after the interview I received an email requesting a phone follow up. I was given an offer of employment and am set to start in 2 weeks.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I got referred to this position by a friend of mine and I sent the recruiting associate my resume. She was very quick to respond and we set up a phone interview that week. The phone screen was simple and quick, it's your average screening, they wanted me to come in for an on-site interview the following week. I interviewed with 4 people total (the head of recruiting, two recruiting associates, and the CTO) and the whole process took about 1.5 hours.

I was asked several questions about my professional experience and a few situational questions and everyone I spoke with was very personable and intelligent and I was impressed and that the cofounder of the company takes the time to meet and interview with the candidates. The company does value culture and cares for the interviewees experience at Spokeo. I felt very cared for and valued even before i was given an offer. The entire interview/hiring process took about 1.5 weeks which is quicker than the average turn around time in my opinion.

*They gave me a swag bag which I have never gotten before when interviewing with a company. This was a plus!

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult part of your current position?   Answer Question

Apr 18, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our interview process!

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I only had a call with the hiring manager, after meeting the CTO in person at a tech fair in LA. Followup took 4-5 days. It was a position that I was qualified for but probably not a fit for.

Interview Questions

Spokeo Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for your feedback. We are continuously working to improve our interview process.

Senior User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Meeting the Spokeo team was an all around great experience. From the recruiting process, to the actual interviews, to meeting the team, it was truly a pleasure to see the enthusiasm everyone had for the company and the culture they had built there. The interview process itself was rather standard for a design interview. I presented my portfolio to two teams of designers and PM's, met one on one with the product director, met with the two founders, and finally went on a walk through with the recruiter. Overall, it gave me a well rounded view of how the teams operated, what they were looking for in a candidate and the values of Spokeo as a company.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on infinite scrolling vs. pagination and what are the use cases for both?   Answer Question

Apr 12, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable overall experience. Spokeo is proud to employ a team of hard working, intelligent, and creative ... More

Senior QA Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall the interview process was good, I was quite impressed by the company and the team. The only thing is the process took some time, so I accepted another offer before receiving an offer from Spokeo.

Interview Questions

• One of the coding questions by the dev manager wasn't easy, I was able to answer it after some guidance.   Answer Question

Apr 13, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with the interview process! The recruiting team and management have partnered together to implement training to ... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spokeo (New York, NY).

Interview

Very friendly group interviews, spokeo had drinks and food ready for all applicants. There was always someone there guiding all applicants. Everything was well organized to insure a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• If I was looking for long term or short term employment   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you had a positive interviewing experience!

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo (Pasadena, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

1st interview: Group interview with about 6 other people. There were several group interviews ahead of us so we waited in the lunch/break lounge, where they offered us snacks and drinks while we waited. Interviewers were Team Leads within the CC department. They asked us questions unrelated to past work experience - just general questions to perhaps help determine if the candidates would be a good organizational fit.

2nd interview: A couple of days after the initial interview, I got a call for the second round. This time I interviewed by myself with upper management from the CC department as well as from other departments. They asked me more about my work experience and things of that nature. It was much shorter than the first (about 5-10 mins).

Interview Questions

• I see that you have previous experience in management on top of customer service and marketing. Can you tell me a little bit about your management style and how you utilize your skills at your previous job?   Answer Question

Apr 14, 2017 – Spokeo

Junior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter, then a call with a senior PM. I then flew to LA for the final round interview. I had 3 interviews with different PMs, and then met the founders. I was told Spokeo would follow up within a week, and the recruiter never got back to me. After learning more about the company and meeting team members, I wasn't very interested in the culture or the company, but I still think it says a lot about a company to not bother to follow up with a candidate after flying them out for an interview. Very happy I did not end up at Spokeo!

Interview Questions

Spokeo Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience. We are continuously working to improve our interview process.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, then Phone screen with a recruiter, then another phone interview with hiring manager and finally in-person interview. Response time was pretty quick, overall. The in-person was a gauntlet of 4-5 panels of 2-3 people from different departments, direct managers and peers. For the amount of questions it felt pretty rushed.

Interview Questions

Spokeo Response

Apr 14, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our interview process. The recruiting team and management have partnered together to implement training to ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spokeo in April 2016.

Interview

Applied in February, was called in for an interview in April. Had a group interview one day, called in two days later for a one-on-one interview with management. They ask basic questions on computer knowledge, call center experience, and customer service skills. Overall, it was an average experience, as I was not really able to read the facial expressions of my interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How do you troubleshoot issues you have on your computer?   Answer Question

Apr 17, 2017 – Spokeo

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have taken this into consideration and alerted the proper teams.