Spokeo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 62 of over 62 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Spokeo

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Spokeo

Interview

Started out in a big group interview (about 20-30 people), then smaller group interviews (4-5 people). Also had to complete a test and check internet speed as well. The whole process was abou tan hour.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest strength and weakness?
    Answer Question
  • Describe a situation when you handled a customer complaint.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Spokeo (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Pathetic Interview process. Recruiter reached out to me via email for an introduction call. I confirmed the interview date and time. 1 minutes before the interview she email me to confirm again. I replied immediately. She did not call me that day. I followed up got no reply from her. After 20 days she reached out to me again. We again confirmed the date and time for a call. Again 1 minute before the interview she changed the meeting date and time to next day without even asking me if I am free. Anyways I was free so I accepted the change. She called and asked egenral questions about my current role and some techincal questions. After few days I received an email for 1st technical interview. On the day of interview the person that joined the call was not the one I was told I will be interviewing with. Even he did not know that this is 1st round of the interview. Then he realized that there has been a miscommunication and started the interview. He asked me about 40 theoretical questions from google in 1 hr and expects you to know everything. What a mess of a company.

Interview Questions
  • Difference between var and let. how will you fetch phone number from am text file. what is difference between sql and no sql what happens when you hit google.com on a browser what can you do to load page faster on browser and 40 such questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo (Los Angeles, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

Overall their communication was horrendous: it was a challenge to schedule, the recruiting team was not forthcoming with what I should expect at any stage, I had barely any time to ask questions of them, I was never clear what I would be working on or who I would be working with, and they did not keep their word to get back to me with feedback the day after the onsite - they sent me a form rejection email a week later! I applied for a Senior Software Development role. A recruiter contacted me asking if I would be open to a mid-level position instead. I agreed that would be acceptable and provided a few dates and times when I was available to talk to her about it. It took her several days to get back to me - I had to ping her to ask if any progress had been made because I was booking other interviews during that time. When she scheduled it, I asked what I should expect with no answer. That first phone screen was exclusively her asking me questions most other companies ask in their application ("will you need relocation assistance?", "will you require sponsorship to work in the US?") followed by a barrage of CS and Web development trivia quiz questions (runtimes of different algorithms, differences in types of data structures, to explain closures in JavaScript, etc.) and then asking me to tell her my years of experience with a list of different technologies. She also didn't send me the job description for the mid-level role after I asked for it at least three times. When they scheduled my "tech screen", I was provided a coderpad link, so I assumed I would be doing a coding challenge. I explicitly asked so I could confirm that but received no answer. The developer who interviewed me was nearly 10 minutes late for our call. But he spent nearly the rest of our one hour scheduled time asking me more of those quiz-style trivia questions. It was exhausting. They certainly seemed to care more about what I knew than how I would approach problems. Nearly immediately after that call, I was informed they wanted to move me forward to the "onsite". At no point in either of those calls was there any time to ask them any questions about the company or team I would be working with! The onsite was scheduled and I asked no fewer than 3 times what I should expect to speak about with each of my interviewers so that I could prepare appropriately. I did not get an answer from them until the day before. And then the recruiter told me what turned out to be incorrect information and it was terribly vague: in this order, they were meant to be "algorithms", "coding", "frontend", "get to know more about you" but also "technical" and "hands-on". She also asked me to send her a copy of my resume at this point - the day before the onsite! When I spoke with the recruiter the following day during the interview, I asked her if any of the people I was going to interview with were the manager for this role. She said no, that it was for a new team and the manager hadn't been hired yet, but to ask the next interviewer about it. In that next interview, the person told me they never put new engineering hires on brand new teams. So much miscommunication! My algorithms challenges went well and I felt like I had a good rapport with the interviewer. The frontend challenge wound up being next (not what I had been told - and they also didn't tell me I would be expected to implement a frontend project. I thought it would be more general frontend questions). I couldn't remember anything! After an hour of me struggling through the frontend, I had to move on to a coding challenge with a Developer. The challenge itself wasn't too bad, but I was flustered after the previous interview, and using CodeSandbox was also new to me. I didn't take as much time as I should have to read the requirements and write out pseudocode to approach the problem. The code I wrote was sloppy and I was not proud of it. Finally, I talked with a C-level executive for a non-technical round. Our conversation was genial, but he did ask me a couple of high-level technical questions (how I would address a complaint about the site being slow, where I would look to optimize code, etc.). I was also exhausted by the time I got to him.

Interview Questions
  • Two rounds of quiz-style CS and web development trivia questions (see above).
  • In round 1, I got through three algorithm questions: one about traversing a tree, one about reversing the order of words in a string, and one finding a target sum in an array of integers. We did not run the code - I just had to write an algorithm to solve it in the language of my choice. (I chose Ruby because its short syntax and built-in methods make it clean for coding challenges and they are a Ruby shop. He seemed pleased by this choice.)
  • Round 2, create an image carousel in CoderPad using any front-end frameworks I wanted to.
  • Round 3, code up a DeepEqual function using JavaScript in CodeSandbox and it had to pass the provided tests.
  • High-level questions: "What might you do if someone tells you the site is slow?", "How might you optimize code at the application level?"
3 people found this interview helpful

Spokeo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spokeo

Interview

There was a 1 hour phone interview that focused on my background. They asked about the projects I had on my resume and to talk about my classes. After, they asked me several technical questions regarding data structures and basic algorithms.

Interview Questions
  • You have a long array of integers. Describe a process to get the 10 largest values of the list?

Spokeo

Application

I interviewed at Spokeo in Nov 2019

Interview

Interview was mainly based on real time scenario on how you will handle data? What are the things you will look for in validating file? How you can identify some certain type of data?

Interview Questions
  • how you will handle data? What are the things you will look for in validating file?

Spokeo

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spokeo in Sep 2019

Interview

Applied online, got the reply after few days about phone interview. Recruiter mentioned this interview would be to learn about candidate and answer if there would be any question. Interview scheduled for 30 mins but recruiter took more than an hour. He was keep asking questions about experience and the current role. After 30 mins he started junior level question (CSS and HTML). It’s literally silly and he doesn’t have any idea how to conduct an interview for Development / Engineering Manager. Looks like they don’t need any person to hire, kind of just mock. This position is opened since last several months.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Spokeo

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spokeo in May 2019

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at spokeo Los Angeles It was good, had two technical rounds and one HR round. overall the interview process was good.

Interview Questions
  • HR round was related to sponsorship and going over JD. 2 Technical round related to algo
2 people found this interview helpful

Spokeo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spokeo

Interview

It was pretty easy. They called, asked about you’ve done before and then immediately get into asking technical questions. The technical part was pretty simple with questions about basic data structures, some web and networking stuff, and some stuff with databases.

Interview Questions
  • How would you find the 10 largest integers in an array of 10 million unique positive integers?

Spokeo

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Spokeo

Interview

Applied through a referral and after a phone screening with the recruiter who was just reading technical machine learning questions and typing my answers without understanding what was going on, I got to the next round of phone interview with two hiring managers. There was no one single modeling question or real data science question. It was all questions about databases and general questions about how to differentiate legal names from business names (hint: find inc. plc,..ect). Coding questions were also irrelevant except for one SQL question. I don't think they actually need a DS or perhaps don't even know what a DS job is. After 16 days I didn't get feedback from them, I reached out to the recruiter who said they moved forward with other candidates, which was expected as they obviously don't need a PhD level candidate, however they should have at least provided the outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spokeo (Los Angeles, CA) in Jul 2018

Interview

Standard phone screen with HR which went well. However I didn't hear anything back for a while so I pinged them on status. Someone else from HR got back to me telling me the last person had left the company. Ok. Seemed like she left in a hurry as it seemed the second person was picking up the pieces. Anyway had two on site interviews which I think went good but not great as during the first round one guy made me flat out uncomfortable. However was invited back for a second round, the people I was interviewing with felt a bit inconvenienced by the whole thing and didn't even have a resume or know my name. After giving them a resume the interview was rushed but went well. The waiting began and I didn't hear anything for a couple weeks. I pinged them and they told me to sit tight as they were still interviewing candidates. More time goes by so I ping them again and they sent me a canned message saying the position was pulled buy upper management due to other priorities. Really! And you couldn't have wrote me to tell me that? So you have no dedicated consumer insights person for a company your size. Anyway this company seemed very disorganized and this proved it out. My advice to upper management is a re-org.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Interviews