Spokeo Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2021

3.9
Spokeo CEO Harrison Tang  (no image)
Harrison Tang
Pros
  • "Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, themed rooms and teams, great supportive staff, friendly environment, room for advance(in 22 reviews)

• "There's free lunch here and they pay for your free conference every year(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "WFH option was only offered to Customer Care following COVID(in 9 reviews)

• "No standardized work from home policy(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

7th Anniversary today, starting my 8th year tomorrow - shooting for the Rolex

Mar 24, 2021 - Senior Manager of Workforce and Planning in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Today marks my 7th Anniversary with Spokeo and it is by far the best company I have ever worked for in my 49 years of working (yes, I am that old). Several things to know: 1. Fantastic Benefits - when I started I had been paying almost $600.00 per month in payroll deductions at my previous company. Let's just say I had a rather substantial raise just in the health (medical, dental & vision) care. 2. When we were in the office, lunch every day. 3. All the snacks you could eat. 4. Awesome facility with a combo of work and play atmosphere. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, we haven't been at the office, but when we do go back it'll be back to normal for those in the office. 5. Great founders who actually care about the well-being of the employees and work hard at being fair and generous. 6. Work here and you can add to my list.

Cons

Seriously? After the Pros, do you think I have any cons....Nope, nothing. Great place to work.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Expect a lot of angry "customers" wanting their money back.

Apr 3, 2021 - Phone Administrative in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Catered lunches, nice location, generally very friendly and upbeat managers.

Cons

After the month-long training process, you'll learn that 90% of the job is really just dealing with people calling in to cancel their "subscription" and wanting money back for a product they never intended to purchase but were misled by the deliberately unclear wording and layout.

Director of Customer Care

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Spokeo, we value our Customer Care Team and we view their award-winning service as part of the overall product experience. Working on the frontlines, our team connects with our users directly and we appreciate that it can be challenging sometimes. Our training program is designed to equip our team to feel prepared and supported for all scenarios. These scenarios can vary from acting as a search expert, recommending the perfect solution, and everything in between. In addition to this, our Customer Care Team has been serving as the voice of our customers, passing our customers’ feedback directly to our product team. Many product improvements have originated from this very process. With this in mind, our goal is to always recruit and hire top talent and we hope that all of our team members will find success in their role. Thank you again for your feedback!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The opportunity to do great work and do good in the marketplace.

Mar 1, 2021 - Team Leader in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company continues to improve performance, develop new products, and high great talent.

Cons

Nothing to add here at this time.

Director of Customer Care

Thank you for your review! We are glad to see our efforts in fostering employee growth and driving product improvement are making an impact with our team while also attracting new great talent. Our goal is to keep improving in every way we can. We appreciate your feedback!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

down to earth and humble founders. great and talented coworkers.

Mar 3, 2021 - Senior DevOps Engineer in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and long term plan Remote working environment

Cons

Can not think of any

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work.

Sep 8, 2020 - Customer Care
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing benefits: medical, vision, and dental premiums are 100% paid by the company. - Daily catered lunch (pre-COVID and WFH period) - Fun coworkers. It honestly feels like a big family. I've made friends here that I've kept in touch with even after they moved on to other companies. - Holiday and company anniversary parties - Department heads and team leads are very responsive to feedback and open to change - Our company is full of diversity and the founders are constantly in the loop and considerate when it comes to current events. - Reviews/raises every 6 months (up to 5% raise each time)

Cons

- WFH option was only offered to Customer Care following COVID. It was unheard of as an option for the department prior to that. - Customer Care and the other departments feel very disconnected from each other. - Customer Care is understaffed and the agents are often overwhelmed by the number of calls or chats coming in. Leadership has had to jump in and help every day for a long time now - There are not many opportunities to move up within Customer Care. We had more opportunities available a few years ago. - Raises could be better.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Customer Care

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback! We agree that the unprecedented situation with COVID-19 has brought forth many new challenges as it continues to evolve. Over the last few months, the Customer Care leadership team has welcomed the opportunity to serve our customers alongside our front line agents to provide the team and our customers with additional support. This positive adjustment has enabled the leadership team to reconnect directly with customers and has created a deeper understanding of what it means to be on the front line. This understanding also extends to advocating for team members to collaborate across departments. We are excited to have recently transformed what was once a Customer Care initiative into an inclusive Voice of Spokeo program across all departments of the company. Now all team members can voice their feedback and suggest ideas to improve our product and service. While we have had to make many adjustments during this time, we are beyond thankful to be in the position to accommodate remote work for all team members, and we will continue to look for more opportunities to preserve and enhance our team culture. Thank you again for your comments!

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good Place to work

Apr 7, 2021 - Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay at the time

Cons

Poor Management is the problem

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

All around great place to work

Oct 12, 2020 - Human Resources Representative in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

All around, Spokeo has checked all the boxes for me, as a great place to work! My time here has been invaluable, and I look forward to many more years as a Spokeo team member. Spokeo is an inclusive and diverse environment that encourages career growth and development. The company culture is the best I have experienced at any job in my career. The Founders are straight-forward, and open about where we are as a company, where we want to go, and how we can best get there together. Company decisions are data-driven and methodical, which balances perfectly with the innovative long term vision for Spokeo.

Cons

Like any job, there will be some personalities that clash, but Spokeo is great about trying to mend or develop these relationships in productive ways. With all the good food (free lunch and snacks) I had to up my workout game to stay in shape.

Senior Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you are having a great experience on your journey with Spokeo. We strive to provide a work environment that is inclusive, joyous and purposeful...our teammates make us who we are as a company. So thank you for your continued contribution to our mission. We couldn't do it without you!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love It

Feb 14, 2021 - Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Competitive pay and benefits. The opportunity to solve big and impactful problems in data and web tech.

Cons

Growing, but not as fast-growing as the high flyers.

Director

Thank you for sharing your thoughts - we’re a bit partial to Spokeo too! While 2020 was a great year of growth for Spokeo, we continue to improve things in 2021. These new initiatives include a new remote work policy that provides more flexibility for our teammates and a company increase in matching funds for the 401K Program. We also have a Culture Team that works hard to make sure the lines of communication remain open - be it company-wide staff meetings, Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) sessions, or individual team lunch fun and activities! New initiatives, new staff, and new products and services! Stay tuned...

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Jan 31, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexibility and remote work option even for future

Cons

Tech stack is sort of out dated

Software Development Manager

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We strive to achieve the highest employee engagement and satisfaction possible. The leadership team made several improvements to improve our teammates' quality of life, including offering the option to work from home throughout their employment . We also continue to listen to all ideas about how our infrastructure can be improved. There are several engineering initiatives that aim to improve the performance and efficiency of the application.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cool place to work

Oct 10, 2020 - Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Technical challenges incl tackling tech debt. If one is a really skilled and can overhaul major pieces within/across SOA to truly streamline/improve the system in progressive increments, you should be able to get the attention of higher ups and rise accordingly and/or get promotions. * Biannual performance reviews giving one a chance to improve their base pay. * The company also pays attention to promotions. * Pretty good tech stack and hence exposure to technologies to learn and grow your professional career. E.g. Ruby on Rails, SOA, React, NodesJS, Typescript, Python (Data side and Devops), lots of AWS services incl Dynamo, Redshift, Aurora, Lambda, Cloudfront, S3, Kinesis/Firehouse etc, ELK, MySQL, Memcache, Redis, Apipie, Git, Google Tag Manager, RSpec, Jenkins, NewRelic, Airbrake, MessageQueues, custom crawlers, Google Analytics and so much more in fact. Best practices like code reviews, pre-merge checks etc. * Agile 2 week sprints * Good pace of work without burning out the employees. * Amazing co-workers, smart and fun. Everyone is supportive of each other, collaborative and the atmosphere is respectful. * Awesome benefits incl vacation, med/dental/vision, 401-K with match etc * Bonus * Great perks incl daily catered lunches, very cool snack bar, stocked fridges etc. Ping pong table, foosball table, pool table. * Amazing culture and activities incl company picnics, annual party etc * Amazing founders and being able to interact with them. Founders are in fact down to earth. Focused on building a great company. * Great equipment for professional work (good performance laptops, monitors, sit stand motorized desks etc) * Fun office incl themed rooms like Star Wars, Mario, Lego etc * Profitable company

Cons

Some projects are not managed optimally and the hope is these sorts of issues would be improved upon as the company matures even further.

Manager

Thank you for taking your time to leave us this thoughtful review. At Spokeo, we are proud to invest in employee development and we strive to foster an amazing culture so that our teams can be productive in a fun work environment. We are continuing to improve our processes and engineering standards to enhance our product and delivery quality. Again, we take your advice wholeheartedly and thank you for your kind reminder on “Insist on Quality.”

Viewing 1 - 10 of 129 Reviews