Sprinkles Cupcakes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

1.9

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I arrived 5 minutes early, I was informed the person I was supposed to be interviewed by was on her vacation - so I was interviewed by another team member. We sat outside, she asked me several questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a job I liked a lot and what was it about that I like so much.   Answer Question
    • The position requires you to be available to work BOTH a 4am and/or 5am shift, are you able to do so?   1 Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Short Quiz in the beginning; then face to face interview. Some odd questions were included, I guess to make sure people hired are intelligent/have common knowledge. There are also some creativity challenges be prepared!

Interview Questions

• Name (4) states and their capitals.   1 Answer

Cupcake Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes.

Interview

Phone call from the General manager- took about 5 minutes. She asked me to come in that week for an in-person interview. In-person interview at the store with the assistant manager. Very basic, easy questions, it was also very conversational. Was asked to come back for a trial day - 2 hours working behind the counter.

Froster Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes in October 2016.

Interview

You apply in store with the general manager or shift leader. After that you are scheduled an in-person interview. They simply ask your schedule, how you heard about Sprinkles, and start with interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one common misconception people think about you?   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Fairly quick and easy interview. There was a personality profile paper to fill out which had some interesting questions like to name states and their capital cities. The entire thing took a few days between applying and being interviewed. Offered a position but I didn't like the hours, they told me they had other positions open but not baking. I told them no.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength?   1 Answer

I didn't like the hours that were offered. Did not fit with my schedule.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on Craigslist. I received a phone call two days later from the manager at Westlake. She was super sweet and kind over the phone. After chatting for 15 minutes, she asked me to join her for an in person interview. She was professional, kind and provided a welcoming environment for the interview in person. I was offered a two hour trial day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the biggest misconceptions people might have about you upon first meeting?   1 Answer
    • Previous Work Experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you were given feedback. How did you handle constructive criticism from a previous supervisor?   Answer Question
    • What is your FAVORITE dessert?   Answer Question
    • Describe an instance in which you received amazing customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Nashville, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

They had me come in, tested me on the flavors of cupcakes, had me work a two hour shift, and then decided if they wanted to hire me. They asked a few brief normal interview questions, but they mostly walked me around the back room and decided if i would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you did something wrong and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sprinkles Cupcakes Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

It was ok. First I did a 1:1 with the store manager and it went well (or so I thought) but I did not get an offer. Then I saw an ad on Craigslist and I applied again and had a trial day with a shift supervisor. I was supposed to have a brief chat with the assistant manager but she said maybe 3 sentences to me the entire time I was there. I did the trial day and was told I would hear back from them if I got it or not and 2 weeks went by and I did not hear from them. When I called several times asking to talk to assistant manager, she never once returned any of my phone calls and when I emailed her asking why I was not chosen, she couldn't give me a valid reason.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were in a situation with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application in-store and an interview was scheduled for two days later. There was a short written quiz before the oral interview. Questions like "Who is the Vice President (of the US)" "Name 4 states and their capitals" "What is the name of the person interviewing you today?" and circling the right spelling of word pairs. Also some questions about customer service and how you would handle certain situations.

The oral interview was pretty easy, nothing out of the ordinary was asked. After that, I was given a Trial Day so they could see if I worked well in their environment. I wasn't prepared for the amount of physical activity so I didn't do well but might try to apply again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe the best dessert you've ever had in detail?   Answer Question
    • What has been your best experience with customer service so far?   Answer Question

Associate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Had phone interview with the GM and then went to the store for another interview the next day with the GM and Training Manager. Had to fill out a packet of customer service questions (employee scenarios), random fact questions (who is the VP of the US? Name five states and their capitals), math questions (multiplication/drawing straight line from point A to point B), and availability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What could you bring to the rest of the Sprinkles associates?
      In your opinion what is the biggest misconception people have of you?
      What would your previous supervisor say is your greatest trait?
      What would your previous supervisor say you need to improve on?
      What is your definition of great customer service?
      Answer Question