Squarespace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Squarespace Interview Questions

Interviews at Squarespace

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Squarespace.

Interview

The process was fantastic.

First, the recruiters, Matt and Mark were extremely helpful and accommodating. Every part of the process went smoothly from the introductions to the travel arrangements to the team placement. 10/10 would recommend.

The interviews themselves were really fun. The interviewers were intelligent and friendly, and the questions were fair and relevant. The questions and challenges felt collaborative rather than quiz-like, and this left a good impression of Squarespace.

Overall, I had a great experience, and I'd recommend it for sure!

Interview Questions

• Without giving away specifics, I'd recommend being comfortable with the standard interview fare, such as your coding language of choice, system design, and algorithms.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Interview

Submitted application through referral. First process was a phone interview / screening process. Then moved forward to a take home assignment. Passed the assignment and was scheduled an interview with 4 different people in the department on the same day. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Squarespace.

Interview

The entire process really took less than a month. There was only a delay due to it being a holiday. I applied online, a few days later a recruiter reached out. I had a phone interview scheduled for the following week. Was able to give my availability on a link (super simple.) Then they scheduled me to come in and meet with the team the week after the holiday passed. They had a great office and even gave me a tour. I had to meet with the entire team. It sounded overwhelming at first, but they were super great and easy to have a conversation with.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few behavioral questions at first to get to know me better.   Answer Question
    • They asked questions also from my experience and resume.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Squarespace (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process took a little while. First I applied online and then I was scheduled in for a phone screen. During that phone screen I was asked if I'm more interested in brand marketing or performance marketing. I've done work in both but said I was interested in growing some of my brand marketing skills, but would be interested in either. Therefore a few weeks later I was scheduled in to talk to some people on the brand team. I went in for 2.5 hours and did 3 interviews with various members of the brand team. About a week after that they said that they thought I would be more relevant to the performance team so they sent me an online assignment that I got a week to complete. I sent that back and was scheduled in to come back on-site and meet the performance marketing team. I did a 2nd batch of 3 interviews. About a week after that I was informed I did not get an offer. The main piece of feedback I would give is that it could be useful since there could possibly be candidates who have experience in both brand and performance moving forward that instead of treating things completely separately, for those who straddle both worlds to condense things. Let that person have 1 interview with a brand team member, 1 interview with a performance team member, and then someone who oversees both and complete the assignment the first go-around instead of having them go through the interview process twice.

Interview Questions

• What is one SaaS product you've recently seen strong marketing for?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Squarespace.

Interview

First part of the interview process was an online test. Basically you receive a link in an email to an online test and as soon as you click it the timer starts. The time limit was a week however the test shouldn't take that long. They only gave me one question in this online test and it was to implement a min heap (I did it in Java but I don't think it matters what language you use). Unfortunately that was as far as I got, got a rejection email within a week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Squarespace (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I got an email from the recruiter and we chatted on the phone. Overall, the experience was very positive. The recruiter and staff were very friendly.

Process:
    1 Phone interview about general system design and coding
    3 coding and system design interviews (half & half). Usually two interviews in the room.
    1 system design interview
    1 behavioral questions interview with management

Team takes you out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions related to graph/topological sort, Iterator pattern w/queue, and publish subscribe/pattern w/heap.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Squarespace in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the software engineer - backend server/census position online. I got a technical screening first where I was asked to write a internet URL cache in java. I kinda re-implemented LinkedHashMap. They confirmed via email in roughly a week and scheduled a phone interview with me. Apparently they're expecting applicants for the server/census position to know some distributed system and synchronization concepts in mainly, Java. And some other topics in Java data structures (what does each do and the time complexity) and object oriented programming. The phone interview took around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you are going to make the search results update while the user is typing   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Squarespace in December 2015.

Interview

First thing they had me do was an online coding assessment of four JavaScript questions. They were challenging but I thought I did well. Evidently my qualifications were not a match for the position (new grad).

Interview Questions

• Fix the following JavaScript so it returns X instead of Y (strange closure behavior).   Answer Question
    • Write a function addSubtract that will do the following:

addSubtract(5)(8)(3) -> 5 + 8 - 3 -> 10
      addSubtract(2)(1)(1)(5)(3)(2) -> 2 + 1 - 1 + 5 - 3 + 2 -> 6

etc.   6 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied in NY Oct 2018. Process took 2 weeks. Began with a Hackerrank assessment that was a basic coding question. Then proceeded to 1 hour video interview that was on a shared coding interface.

Interview Questions

• Create a class for concert tickets that can deal with concurrent requests.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Squarespace in October 2018.

Interview

Overall felt like instead of trying to understand my strengths and how I could fit in with the team (something I have felt other companies do well), it was like the engineer was trying to find reasons to eliminate me. Questions were typical computer science algorithm questions. Not really caring about code quality or testing but more looking for optimizations and knowledge of arrays. Red flag for me personally on the kind of people they are looking for and what they prioritize.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Squarespace (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone tech screening, shared coding space, given 30-40 minutes. Small talk before about my last project. 2 people on the other side watching you trying to solve a problem and see you code.