Cover image for Squarespace

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Squarespace Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 312 of over 312 interviews

Recruiter11%
Employee Referral11%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squarespace (New York, NY) in Nov 2022

Interview

Seamless! I met with the Senior Recruiter after submitting my initial application on LinkedIn and within a week, I had a meeting with all the hiring principal in one day. Soon after, my offer materialized.

Interview Questions
  • Suggest process improvements where needed.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Squarespace (Seattle, WA)

Interview

Completed a longer online application that required a typing test (Aesop’s Fables) and some test questions to gauge how you would respond to email inquiries. Also had some basic questions about what drew you to the role, how you handle working remotely, what good customer support looks like, etc. I received an email 1-2 days later to schedule two interviews with different 2 team leads. Recruiter also asked about availability, expected salary, if I was ok to work weekends.

Interview Questions
  • Why am I applying for this role/company?
  • What are three key aspects of good customer service?
  • Talk about a time I received constructive feedback from a manager and how did I react, what did I learn?
  • What was the last technology related subject/program I learned?
  • If I had gone through the setup process for Squarespace and/or if I had personally used Squarespace products
  • A question regarding the repetitive nature of the job and how I manage that to keep from getting bored/burnout
  • If a user wrote in saying their website was “down”, what three questions would I ask to help assess the issue
  • What’s a project that I completed and am proud of
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Squarespace

Join the conversation on

Tech

560.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Squarespace~466343
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Squarespace? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Squarespace employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Squarespace

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Squarespace

Interview

An internal recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. We scheduled an initial recruiter screen for later that week. The recruiter no called no showed the initial screen phone call.

Squarespace

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squarespace in Oct 2022

Interview

I applied online on September 20th, 2022 and then got an email on October 3rd almost 2 weeks later from the recruiter. They gave me 5 questions to answer. Questions such as confirming if i'm okay about the start date, hours and days i'm expected to work, compensation expectations, upcoming PTO or vacations coming up in 3 months and what state i live in and if i'm planning to move. They also sent me a link to choose what availability between Monday - Friday to schedule my interview. After i picked the hours, the recruiter had sent me a day and time for the interview. I had two interviews. One on one day and the other the next day based on availability that i gave them. The interviews were both fairly nice and were from both Team Leads of the same department. The first interview's questions were explaining about the job and customer service experiences and some customer service questions. They would also bring up the Squarespace platform, so use Squarespace's web builder beforehand to answer some of the questions as they wanna test and see if you know the platform. The second interview was the same except the Team Lead gave me some technical questions. One question they gave me was the difference between a website and web domain. They also would ask questions that tie into this so again, be prepared. After a few days, I received an email from the recruiter with documents to sign online!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Squarespace

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Squarespace in Oct 2022

Interview

Two interviews, both were one on one. Standard customer service questions as well as questions about how you would respond to certain scenarios. 45 minutes each and we talked the whole time. Good experience!!

Interview Questions
  • What would you tell a customer asking for a refund due to a bug that is now resolved?

Squarespace

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Squarespace

Interview

I applied online. I received an email regarding my application and that it was received and will be reviewed. A month later I was contacted by a Squarespace recruiter. Now I have 2 interview to go through.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me I’m about my availability, they want someone with a flexible schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Squarespace (Portland, OR) in Sep 2022

Interview

Several rounds including an onsite which consisted of 4 parts, practical coding, networking and linux, system design, and leadership. The questions were very fair and were geared more towards explaining how you think and work than trying to stump you with a difficult problem.

Interview Questions
  • Design a system from scratch, with increasingly complex constraints and considerations

Squarespace

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squarespace

Interview

Applied online. Screening call with recruiter was brief and friendly. Interview was all behavioural questions and gave me a chance to ask my own. Wasn’t a fit. Recruiter sent a personal rejection email.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you didn’t have the resources to meet a deadline

Squarespace

Application

I interviewed at Squarespace

Interview

Met with the recruiter, hiring manager, then moved on to the written assessment. I was given a prompt that seemed more aligned with a product manager role, as mentioned in another review. Once I gave my availability (7-10 days later per the recruiters request) I was promptly told the position was filled and encouraged to apply again.

Interview Questions
  • Standard behavioral questions How did you respond when things went poorly in your program and what would you do differently?

Squarespace

Application

I interviewed at Squarespace

Interview

Received a cold email with a link for an assessment without any heads up. Not sure if this was a mistake but feels very impersonal that this is the first contact and feels like they care more about the work rather than attempting to learn more about candidate as a person.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 312 Interviews

Squarespace Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Squarespace as 54.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.99 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Senior Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Operations Advisor and Customer Care Advisor roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Squarespace takes an average of 27 days when considering 336 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 21 days), whereas Customer Care roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 31 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Squarespace according to 336 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 27.10%