Squelch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Squelch

2.4

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Squelch (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Pretty standard for SV: a phone screening, small off-line coding task, small phone interview with a senior engineer to ensure tech level, then onsite visit combining 2 deep technical interviews with lead engineers and one executive with VP of Eng.

Interview Questions

• Inheritance VS composition: pros and cons.   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squelch (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I had a 30 minute call with the recruiter followed by 45 minute call with the hiring manager. I then had an in person with the hiring manager. The last step was to meet the executive team. Fairly straightforward and fast.

Interview Questions

• They asked primarily about my previous jobs, my technical skill set, my ability to work with sales and customers, and about my ability to do demos and on-boarding. They also asked why I wanted to work at Squelch in particular.   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Squelch.

Interview

HR said it was remote job. Then it became 1 day a week. When I talked to the hiring manager it had become 3 days a week and expected to increase. And the hiring manager sounded clueless about why he was talking to me.

Don't waste your time with these future Trump White House employees.

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Squelch (Redwood City, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

My interviews at Squelch were scheduled easily, both phone and in-person. I was able to speak with a variety of stakeholders who were excited about Squelch and happy to have new blood join to help. The timeframe was perfect - no waiting for weeks to hear back. The recruiter stayed in touch regularly.

Interview Questions

• Because of my background in much larger companies (7,000 to 100,000 employees), the Squelch team wanted to make sure I would be able to handle a startup atmosphere where it's all-hands-on-deck. Would I feel frustrated with lack of super established structure?   1 Answer
    • You would be working for someone who has less years of experience. How will you feel about that?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squelch in March 2018.

Interview

After an informal conversation with the recruiter, I did a phone interview with an Engineering Lead. This led to an on-site interview with several Senior Engineers. Following the on-site I had a video interview with the VP of Engineering.

They followed up quickly and were easy to work with through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• The interviews mostly focused on past systems experience. They had me describe the architecture of a couple systems I'd previously built, and then dug into the details, tradeoffs, and lessons learned for a long time.

Additionally there were a couple of short whiteboarding questions, one that was all about probability and another that focused on algorithm design. It seemed like the most important part of these was actually thinking through them, asking good questions along the way, and collaborating with the interviewer.   Answer Question