KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Stack Overflow Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 109 of over 109 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Stack Overflow

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stack Overflow

Interview

Initial screening call. Recruiter was kind and encouraging. Then an interview with hiring manager. I believe there were three more rounds after that. Everyone was personable. Seems like an amazing team and atmosphere.

Interview Questions
  • Describe experience you have with skills from job description
    Answer Question

Stack Overflow

Application

I interviewed at Stack Overflow

Interview

Only had a recruiter call but turned out to be a complete waste of time. Was initially scheduled to talk to the recruiter but she cancel at the last minute. Emailed me to schedule at another time. I promptly replied but took her forever, more than a week to ever reply and reschedule. At this point, kind of knew already the recruiter was not serious. Once the time came for the rescheduled call. She was late and seems like she was mailing it in in terms of the call, reading off almost verbatim what the company does. Barely asked me anything about myself except what's already on my resume. Even when it was my time to talk, could tell she was barely paying any attention. Got rejected the next day after the call that asked me nothing she couldn't get from my resume. So just a complete waste of time from a flakey unprofessional recruiter. From my interview experiences so far with other companies, all were a whole lot better than my brief experience with Stack overflow.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Stack Overflow

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Stack Overflow

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stack Overflow in May 2022

Interview

The interview process is easy although quite long with many steps. The interviewers are nice people and the conduct the interviews very professionally. However, HR is just horrible, they missed some of my emails with some questions and never replied. Then after wasting a long time completing the whole of their process they just don't write back. I guess I should take silence as no offer, but in my more than 10 years doing interviews I have never seen such a rude company that doesn't take the hassle of even writing a line to say you don't have an offer. I have sent them a some emails to get some feedback but after a couple of weeks I think it's time to give up. In fairness I read exactly the same already in other Glassdoors reviews, but I thought it to be maybe some exception, but I was wrong I think they don't write back after having completed the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Design retweet, table tennis app system design, remove vowels from string. Very easy.

Stack Overflow

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stack Overflow in May 2022

Interview

Recruiter reached out about setting up a time to chat but, the day of, they had connectivity issues and had to rescheduled (apparently that's common based on other reviews). 5 minutes before the rescheduled date and time, received an email about the company only interviewing applicants with recent C#.... Aside from the Job Description mentioning that familiarity with their tech stack was no necessary (mainly Microsoft stack), my background IS in their tech stack which I would have been happy to explain in the intro call with the recruiter

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Stack Overflow

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stack Overflow in May 2022

Interview

4 interviews. One screen. One algo. One design. And one product. It's needlessly long. I was not turned down for technical reasons but because they didn't feel I had enough experience mentoring others. I was a little upset to be dragged through so many loops and then effectively be told someone just didn't like me ... as that reasoning is 100% bias and a topic only lightly touched on throughout the loops that it is incredibly unfair to base the outcome on it. From my perspective the interview process is highly based on personal biases. Which likely points to what it would be like to work there. I'm probably dodging a bullet here. On the brightside, I no longer have any desire to work at Stackoverflow what-so-ever. I didn't find their questions to be challenging otherwise.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Given a simple LESS CSS style, write a CSS compiler in your language of choice. (Started with the basic style case, then added complexity) 2. "see", "boat", "toast" ... write an algo to remove 2 or more vowels. 3. Design the retweet feature on twitter 4. Create a set of features for a company ping pong tournament. Then a database schema to go along with it.
1 person found this interview helpful

Stack Overflow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stack Overflow

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and got a call from a recruiter a few days later. I had a standard phone interview and during the call I was told that they would like to move forward in the process. A few days after I was invited to their offices for an in person interview with one of the HR team members.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions, nothing unusual. Some questions on supporting remote employees and managers and working in a global company

Stack Overflow

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stack Overflow in Apr 2022

Interview

Applied in April 2022, scheduled the first screening call for first week of May. Rescheduled for last week of May after the scheduled call couldn't be done due to communication issues. The process got cancelled one hour before the meeting because the role I was applying was incompatible with my current location, even when they list my country as one of the countries you can be located to apply to the role.

Stack Overflow

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stack Overflow

Interview

Short inteview with a recruiter then short interview with the manager. Second interview with a fellow team member followed by a short mock QBR presentation. All the team members were pleasant and smart and overall it seems like a great company. Where they dropped the ball was never following up and telling me I got the job/didn't get the job, especially after making it to the final stages.

Interview Questions
  • How do you manage your book of business, describe your technical aptitude, QBR process, etc.

Stack Overflow

Application

I interviewed at Stack Overflow

Interview

Talked to three people, fairly easy algorithms, no coding editor just typing in a google doc so it didn’t compile but the people seemed encouraging and friendly. It was weird to write code in a google doc. They ask you to optimize after your initial solution. Generally seemed nice but no follow up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Stack Overflow (New York, NY)

Interview

I, too, had multiple interviews for this role. The last person I interviewed for said “I really like you and we’ll be moving you forward”. I haven’t heard anything since. At least the other interviewee got a message saying they went with someone else. I got ghosted! So unprofessional and disappointing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 109 Interviews

Stack Overflow Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Stack Overflow according to 108 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 30.09%