Stack Overflow Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 74 of over 74 interviews

Recruiter14%
Employee Referral11%
HardAverageEasy

Stack Overflow

Application

I interviewed at Stack Overflow

Interview

About 30 mins, the interviewers (Controller & Accounting manager) asked a lot of questions, be prepared for technical questions and behavioral questions, and come up with a few questions to ask the interviewers as well.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever help the company implement some processes to make work more efficient?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stack Overflow (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

A recruited sent me a message through LinkedIn seeming overly keen to lure me in their company. I was very happy when I saw it and we had a call in which they promised a lot of things if I was to apply and join. After that I was supposed to hear from someone from the US but never did. I understand people are busy but why the enthusiasm and then the ignore, it's a total waste of time. Reading the other reviews everything makes sense, the company seems very odd/rude. Hope they sort it out and good luck.

Interview Questions
  • Just telling me about the company and the team structure

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Stack Overflow (New York, NY) in May 2021

Interview

1:1 interviews. Meet with all stakeholders and team. Very nice and looking for high quality talent that fits the culture and likes talent that prides themselves on their job and grit to operate at multiple levels

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stack Overflow

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stack Overflow in May 2021

Interview

An external recruiter reached out to me to submit my resume. I went through numerous sessions. - initial screening with talent acquisition : he was incredibly nice and just went through the process. - interview with the manager : he was again very nice and very easy to talk to. He just went through the usual strength, weakness and some non technical questions around methodologies, behavioral type of questions. Algorithm interview: started off with an easy one and a medium complexity question. He didn't ask to compile and run it. He just needed to see the approach. I was able to solve the problem in ample time. But as I later found out explaining the approach has as much value to them as actually to be able to solve it. Architecture interview: she was quite nice and asked to design a database for some game and go through the entire process of building the application including some fairly complex sql query. I was able to get that done in time. After a week, I received an email that they are.moving ahead with the product design interview. Product design interview: this was with two people, and again they were incredibly polite and cheerful. The ask was to design an app similar to ubereats. There were no tough questions or any questions at all for that matter. So it was not easy for me to guage how it went. It took almost a week to get a feedback from my recruiters to find out that they were not moving a head with me. General comment: although it was quite a great experience to meet the team that is keeping stackoverflow alive, I felt they were a bit too comfortable in this ever changing tech landscape.

Interview Questions
  • What is the most challenging thing you went through, and how did you overcome it? Almost all of them asked this question for some reason :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stack Overflow (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

I was approached by an external recruiter based in the US. He was at first quite pleasant but soon showed his true colours and became rude, unprofessional and insulting. I declined to proceed further with the interview process which caused the recruiter to continue with his barrage of insulting comments... and then blocked me on LinkedIn so I couldn't report him.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stack Overflow

Application

I interviewed at Stack Overflow

Interview

The process was very streamline and quick. I didn’t have to go back and forth over weeks and weeks. The recruiter was very responsive to any questions that came up along the way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stack Overflow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stack Overflow in Mar 2021

Interview

The interviews themselves were really easy. There were no crazy questions to answer and really felt it was more of a culture fit. All the interviews together are time consuming and the process is slow. Everyone was super nice. I had a total of 4 interviews and 1 assessment over 5 weeks only to not move forward for the last 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stack Overflow (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Both educational and personal, they took the time to review the challenges and opportunity of the function and aligned my interests and areas of contribution. The process moved fast and had a total of 8 including the CEO

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stack Overflow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stack Overflow

Interview

Many rounds of interviews: a usual phone screen, filling out a sheet asking open ended questions, and two video calls with the managers and an in-person visit to their NYC office. Overall, they seemed more interested in testing your personality rather than technical know-how; a breath of fresh air from other interviewers Got to the last round but didn't get an offer. Everyone seemed like nice people, would've been a fun place to work Didn't get ghosted either, so that's a plus

Interview Questions
  • What do you think makes you stand out from our other applicants

Stack Overflow

Application

I interviewed at Stack Overflow

Interview

Definitely a standard process that threw me off quite a bit but nonetheless didn’t get an offer but that is okay. Standard procedure for most things if you ask me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 74 Interviews