Standard Calibrations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Calibrations Interview Questions

2.2

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Calibrations.

Interview

Hiring process seemed a bit outdated, a lot of paperwork and it took weeks to get my logon credentials set up. The interview was good, my manager asked questions relevant to the role and responded well to my feedback/responses.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Calibrations.

Interview

I was called the same day I applied. Sales manager was a person I really wanted to work for. Job sounded perfect for my skill set/experience. Emphasis on service families well, but also able to ask the big question.

Negotiation

They offered me the standard package: commission with a minimum wage guarantee, take it or leave it

IT Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Calibrations (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Was very disappointing. I had heard before i went into the interview that politics were fearce at SCI especially in IT but of course in an interview there is no way to detemine that. During the interview the interviewees seemed to not really know what the position would require or what I would really be doing. I didn't like the vagueness of accepting a job that I would not understand my role. The Director studdard throughout the interview. I just didn't get a good feeling for working at SCI.

Interview Questions

• They seemed to dwell on how long candidates have been out work. I didn't see the point since today that is very commonplace and I have many IT Colleagues which have been laid off.   Answer Question

Several recruiters told me that SCI "hires and fires" very easily, usually based on politics. Also I was told by several recruiting companies that with more people going with cremations that SCI's profit margin is quickly dwindling. With all that it just didn't appear to be a sound place to work.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Calibrations (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Very through process and allows you to see behind the doors. People are very friendly and probably a good place to work.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Calibrations (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

very easy. just be yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, hired after two interviews

Family Service Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Standard Calibrations (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Lots of screening including a drug test

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working for minimum wage plus commissions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Calibrations (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

A phone interview with HR manager. Quite a lot behavior questions. took about 50 mins. Qs like how do you know about SCI and its performance, which supervisor you like / dislike, what kind of working environment you look for, what are your specialties...

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Calibrations in January 2009.

Interview

typical phone screen then 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Calibrations.

Interview

Be prapared for the process to take a long time

Logistics Analyst Interview

Interview

initial screening was not professional