Stars Behavioral Health Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stars Behavioral Health Group (Long Beach, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and received a response very quickly. I was scheduled for an in-person interview shortly after. Like many people, interviews make me extremely nervous. However, my entire interview process made me feel incredibly welcome. My interviewers were very kind and accommodating. The entire time, I felt like it were a conversation between old friends - very natural, and such a great personality fit. The questions asked were what you would expect - questions about the resume, where I see myself in the future, and so forth. My interviewers also made the effort to ask about my own characteristics that would bolster the Human Resources Department and the company as a whole. It was by far, the most enjoyable interview I've ever had in my career.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Human Resources?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with pressure and stressful situations?   1 Answer

Leadership Interview

Interview

1st interview was a good experience. However, after that point the process was a huge disappointment. As an applicant, if I am taking the time off of work to come and interview, not to mention the significant amount of time to research the company and prepare for the interview, I expect at least a courtesy call from HR or the interviewer that I another candidate was selected. Instead I received a template email - very disappointing for a company with such a good employee reputation. Perhaps you should also treat candidates with the same respect?

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stars Behavioral Health Group.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 supervisors. They were all super nice and open about what the position entailed. I appreciated that they made the interview feel more like a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had a positive outcome with a child 5 or under.   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucca Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stars Behavioral Health Group (Yucca Valley, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I got an email asking if i wanted to interview and i excepted, on that day It was a standard interview, lots of questions about yourself and the work experience you have done in life.

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stars Behavioral Health Group (San Leandro, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

It was very causal and very laid back. it made me less nervous throughout the hiring process. It was also not a panel interview. I tend to hear that they are like this with all their interviews which is great for us.

Mental Health Counselor Interview

Application

Interview

Starts with a small questionaire, Interviewed by two people at a time. Welcoming and friendly staff. It wasn't too long nor too short. They are very friendly and understanding.

Interview Questions

• They describe a scenario and as what you would do if placed in that position.   Answer Question

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stars Behavioral Health Group (Fresno, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Very fast, interviewed friday then received a call from HR following week for Job offer, then did all the paper work and everything. Will start orientation by 2nd week of june. and Im so excited.

Interview Questions

• Like are you comfortable seeing and working with kids or patient whos fighting and arguing.   Answer Question

Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stars Behavioral Health Group (Long Beach, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The people who work at HR have absolutely terrible service; they are rude to college grads who have never been employed. If you've had trouble looking for work for over a year and have yet to build experience, they will be condescending of that. If you forget to read their fine print for job criteria, they will be rude towards your mistake, even though it is very poor of them to display such unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions

• They ask if you can speak a foreign language.   1 Answer

Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stars Behavioral Health Group (Fresno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was simple (I found the job on indeed.com) the interview was good. However I was told that if I wanted full time I would be able to get it in 3 to 6 months I waited almost a year before I got full time.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stars Behavioral Health Group (Long Beach, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process overall was a breeze. I appreciated that they had allowed me the opportunity to speak and know more about me and my work ethics rather than traditional questions asked in Interviews. The managers seemed to be very much engaged and made me comfortable in the whole process.

Interview Questions

• I really don't recall the exact questions that were asked to me, but I do know that they inquired about my ability to multi task and the importance of team building in this department.   1 Answer