State of Oregon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at State of Oregon

2.9

Contracting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Salem, OR) in July 2009.

Interview

The process seemed to take a long time just to get to the interview point. From there the atmosphere was terrific, people were warm and friendly with a sense of humor. Panel was courteous and wanted to hear what I had to say about my skills/experiences. Great culture overall. One big drawback is that they don't tell you there will be several people on an interview panel and that you are the one directing your responses. You are given 15 minutes to read the questions and collect your thoughts, then you answer them during the interview - without the panel asking you. At first try this can be unsettling for some people especially if they never facilitated a meeting of any kind before.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation with a customer being displeased with service?   Answer Question
    • Talk about your experience in business development.   1 Answer

Social Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Portland, OR) in October 2009.

Interview

There are typically 3-4 people (supervisors, program manager, other social workers) on your interview panel. They take turns asking questions - some broad and some case specific questions. I did not find the process intimidating; and I felt I had pretty good answers to all the questions, even though the first time I interviewed with the State of OR I had no social work experience. It was too long ago to recall the questions. Sorry!

Negotiation

When I accepted my offer I had no clue that I could have negotiated to get a slightly higher salary, based on the fact that I have a masters. I wish I would've known that because once you accept a certain salary, you basically never get a pay raise. Definitely try to get more money up front because, essentially, that's how much money you'll be making for as long as you're there.

Social Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Portland, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview with two staff members and two employees. Each ask questions sequentially. They focused on working within different cultures, understanding diversity, and the ability to work with those that have drug related dependencies.

Interview Questions

• How I was qualified for the position.   1 Answer

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

A panel of managers said I had ten minutes of their time and handed me a list of questions to answer. As I answered each question, they spent the entire time writing notes. There was very little eye contact and no additional questions. They had deadpan expressions when they did look at me. It was challenging to connect with them.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State of Oregon.

Interview

Lengthy and time consuming application and redundant supplemental questions followed by an invitation to participate in a group interview in front of a panel. The group interview consisted of numerous questions and activities participants participated in while being timed and judged on a number of criteria not shared with the group.

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Portland, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

Panel Interview. Multiple part questions examining behavior, personality and experience scenarios. Questions about vocational rehabilitation job development. The interview process includes at least 3 people on the panel and each person asking you a question. The individuals on the panel rate each of your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? Describe your experience providing substantial counseling and guidance? Describe your experience with job development?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Salem, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

An online application that included document submission was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. An initial interview held with three employees was followed by a second interview with two employees, including the hiring manager. Finally, a background check was completed prior to a job offer being extended to me by the employer.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it is alright for employees to use discretion?   1 Answer

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Portland, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

First step was being called in to do a short written essay in the office. I imagine it also gave them the opportunity to give a first look.
    The hiring manager said 56 individuals had passed the initial screen and 3? were being this test.
    It was comprised of two questions:
    What are the elements of safety program?
    Which do you feel is the most important and why?
    The reason given which makes sense is that an inspector needs to be able to communicate about inspection results to the company and in defending findings.

Interview Questions

• What are the elements of the safety program?   1 Answer
    • Which do you feel is the most important and why?   1 Answer

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Salem, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with three different people. All asked questions pertaining to the job. Several questions on interacting with other people, i.e., customers and how to handle difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• How do i get along with others?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview prescreening and then called for one face to face interview. It was pretty easy and direct questions about past. Experience and how you would difficult people and or situations.