State of Oregon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.9

Compliance Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Salem, OR).

Interview

Multiple questions asked with sub-questions. Given plenty of time to answer each question. The interview is done with a panel of about 5 to 6 employees. On second interview, its a different panel of people with similar questions to the first interview. Both interviews are about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Eligibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseburg, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Roseburg, OR).

Interview

3 panel interview board. All but two question were in writing meaning that the panel asked you questions and you had to write your answers out on a piece of paper.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Oregon.

Interview

Tuned in application on line, answering several questions, Waiting for letter of approval, after that a letter for interview, the interview was stressful as it was panel interview with very detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with hostile or upset people   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Salem, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. First round is done through video interview. Three questions, three attempts each. Second round is onsite interview. The whole process could take more than two months.

Family Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call to set up a date of interview. Was given a packet of questions and 15 minutes to prepare to answer them in front of a panel. At the end of the interview, I was given a short quiz on excel questions. I haven't heard back in about three weeks so I'm assuming I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Case study scenarios and what I would write up for them.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Salem, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

All government jobs are available on governmentjobs.com. The postings are explicitly detailed about duties and expectations. The interview was extremely thorough, which I appreciated. It ensures that the right people are selected for positions. There are no intimidation tactics. They are straightforward and honest.

Economist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Oregon.

Interview

There was an online application which required three essays. Each essay could only be 250 words. This was difficult due to how much detail is needed to cram into such a brief space. The essay questions are a make or break to get an interview. It took about 4 weeks, and then I received a call for a phone or in person interview in Portland. The interview was about 30 minutes with three questions. It was asked by a panel of 3-4 other State economists.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position/economics as a field?   1 Answer
    • How do you manage your time?   1 Answer
    • How do you manage difficult people?   1 Answer

Principal Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Salem, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done by a panel. They asked manager type questions like how would you handle the situation what your management style like how do you work with the team

Interview Questions

• They just asked manager type questions and how you would react   Answer Question

Liquor Regulatory Specialist (License Investigator) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Application process 4-6 weeks; group interview with 14+ people in front of a 3 person panel after 3 weeks of submitting application. Second round of interview questions on 4th week; 12 questions, allowed 10 minutes to look at questions and prepare answers. Third round of interview not offered; did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• During the group interview was only asked 2 questions; name best qualities for this job; describe a time you went above an beyond your work duties. Second round of interview was asked 12 questions, very basic, nothing that hasn't been asked in other job interviews.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottage Grove, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Cottage Grove, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Exactly 15 minutes before your interview is scheduled you'll be handed a sheet of paper that shows the questions the panel will be asking you during interview. It's fine to write out your answers - whether you leave the answers blank or you complete them (or just make notes on the paper, etc.,) you're required to hand in the paper during the interview. I had a panel of 3 very nice people who took turns asking the questions from that sheet, and all 3 took notes as you answer. Then they ask some additional questions, all of which are wanting you to use the SOAR method, so they want specific examples of something you've experienced at work, and how you dealt with it, and the outcome. Took about 20 min. Then took a timed 20-min test alone in a different room. Super super easy. They're still interviewing candidates so I have no idea about the outcome....

Interview Questions

• Describe a time dealing with a diverse group of people as well as with coworkers.
      Describe a time where you weren't in agreement with your "team" - what was it about, how did you deal with it, and what was the outcome?
      How do you deal with an upset or irate customer? Give specific example.
      How well do you do with computer systems/software (something like that....)   Answer Question