State of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Wisconsin Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

REVENUE AUDITOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Madison, WI).

Interview

I had to sit for the state financial employee exam. It was a two hour test about my knowledge of taxes & financial accounting. I sat with two interviewers which gave me time to review 10 questions I was asked.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers.   1 Answer

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a panel interview that included a series of predetermined questions. I was allowed to prepare for 15 minutes prior to the panel. The interview was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What situation have you been a part of that would allow you to have an understanding of this field?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin.

Interview

Panel interview, usually with 3 to 5 people. There will be an initial interview, usually followed by a second interview. If hired, you'll have to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer "tell me a time when" types of questions.   Answer Question

Program Assistant - State of Wisconsin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

They are all behavioral interview questions. Prepare lots of good examples according to the job description. They want to see good answers using S (situation) T (Task) A (action) R (results) technique.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how to handle difficult customers/co-workers.
      Give an example when your supervisor gave you an assignment that you did not agree with, what did you do?
      Examples of how you handled competing priorities or deadlines?   Answer Question

Corrections Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

15 minutes before the interview, they gives you questions. The goal is for you to develop responses to the questions. Based upon your answers, you score interview points. The person with the highest pints is the one who apparently is offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Where did I receive my training to conduct investigations?   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

They have four or five people interview you with each asking a question. You're limited to 30 minutes for the interview so you can't really go into too much detail on one question or you might not get to the other questions. It's probably some kind of time-management exercise, but they rush you in and out. A real, good interview should be able to go longer than a brief, limited time.

Interview Questions

• Basically they ask how your skills and experience match up with their needs.   Answer Question

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Because this was a state government job, an initial online test was required. The test was more experience related than actual questions that you must answer based on education or training. The initial interview was a telephone interview consisting of questions about past experience and various past roles. On site professional group interview with the Department head and two other Purchasing staff. The interview was formal with traditional Q and A session.

IS Supervisor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

You get a series of questions to answer and you have 15 minutes before the interview to answer them. You go in and they read the questions and you basically recite your answers. I did an outline so I could free flow the interview

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for the position?   Answer Question
    • Explain what types of projects you've been on?   Answer Question
    • Describe your relevant educational background and how it relates to state government?   Answer Question

having a baby

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a limited term employee position. It’s a call center job to determine eligibility for unemployment compensation. I waited about eight weeks and then emailed to find out the status of my application. After two unanswered emails I called and talked to the contact person. She told me she hadn't checked her email in over a week. That’s the kind of job I’d like.

Income Maintenance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

Super easy. Take a test. Pass test with better than a 70. Interview --- easy process. Situational/behavior questions. Interview process was fairly easy. It was about a 30 minute interview to answer five questions. The questions were mostly about past experiences dealing customers, working on a team, and organizational abilities.