State of Wisconsin Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 38 of over 38 interviews

Other3%
Employee Referral3%
HardAverageEasy

State of Wisconsin

Application

I interviewed at State of Wisconsin

Interview

Team interview with same level employees and supervisor. They use the expected questions for state employment with technology questions specific to the job description. There were no surprises. They seem to be assessing how you communicate as much as what you know.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in five years?
    Answer Question

State of Wisconsin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin in Dec 2020

Interview

1st Interview: Received an email invite for a 30-minute interview. Joined the zoom call. 3 interviewers, with a PowerPoint of the interview questions shared on the screen one at a time. A member of the panel let me know that they wouldn't be asking me any questions unless I was unclear or didn't answer the question. I could see the panelists but there was no verbal input until the end when I asked a couple of questions and they answered. I was responsible for managing my time while answering. 2nd Interview: Received an email for a 60-minute interview. Found out when the interview started that I would have 45 minutes rather than 60. Same set up as the first interview.

Interview Questions
  • This was a sub-question in a larger question: What is your management philosophy?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in Jan 2020

Interview

Each phone interview had a 15 minute time limit. They only asked 2 to 3 questions. Interviewed twice, felt rushed each time. One of the interviewers stated that they had not seen my resume.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us how you helped increase team morale.

State of Wisconsin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin

Interview

Standard- tells us about a time when x y and z occurred and what you did about it. You see a coworker take a medication from the narcotic drawer, what would you do. Patient is showing these issues during assessment, what would you do. Patient reports chest pain, what would you do.

Interview Questions
  • A 55 year old man comes to the health unit, what would you do?

State of Wisconsin

Application

I interviewed at State of Wisconsin

Interview

4 question s high stress. basic questions. seemed very elementary and inadequate for the job. Seems like they just want volume not quality workers. wont waste my time again. find a better job

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in Dec 2018

Interview

On the first interview, you were given three questions and a letter that you had to write to a judge about a client Second interview three question but you don't get time to look at them beforehand

Interview Questions
  • 1. What skills, abilities, education do you possess that would allow you to perform your duties? 2. Ethical dilemma you faced 3. Time management skills and examples of how you meet deadlines

State of Wisconsin

Application

I interviewed at State of Wisconsin

Interview

Apply online have an interview with a 3 panel judges you must have 3 written references from three different supervisors from previous jobs background check drug test Academy for 6 weeks

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if an inmate app roast you to bring in item

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in Oct 2018

Interview

This is a position with the Wisconsin Technical College System Board. The first interview was with a panel of three members, and I was given the questions when I arrived to read through before the actual interview. They then requested a second interview which included a "writing simulation". This involved writing an email requesting agenda items for an upcoming meeting. There were again three panel members, and they asked additional questions. I felt like these questions could have been asked at the first interview. After a week, they requested a release form for a background check. After returning that, I received a rather odd phone call from HR that they had offered the position to someone else and hadn't done a background check on me. So, why waste my time asking me to fill out the form in the first place??

Interview Questions
  • Questions included: tell us about your experience with MS Office software, how do you handle workloads when working for multiple staff members, and a question regarding diversity in the workplace.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in Aug 2018

Interview

Super long process 2+ Months. Consisted of a panel interview. Ask you 3 or 4 very generic questions about very specific questions. Waited a week after interview. Didn't hear anything. Waited another week, followed up again, was told they were still making their decision. I got a call from an HR Rep and she told me I was their "top" candidate and that they needed me to reach out to my CURRENT supervisor for a reference. I was very hesitant on doing that but I did. My current boss reached out and got them the necessary info. I waited another 2 weeks. Didn't hear anything once again, so I sent another follow up email. I was told that the HR Department would reach out to me within the next couple days. The rep also told me the anticipated start date. A week later, I received an email saying I didn't get the position. Not only was this surprising because they literally told me I was their top candidate AND they gave me a tentative start date, but they made me reach out to my current boss for a reference. Now I am worried that contacting my current supervisor, is giving my employer a very bad image of myself. The State has a very unfair and unethical hiring process. I wouldn't recommend applying for them. I later found out also that an Attorney I work with has applied to over 30 positions with them and they have done the same. Also, the state pays their employees an insanely low amount for the type of work and do not offer pay raises because the pay for positions is set in the legislature. It may be a blessing I didn't get a position there.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had to deal with an upset customer, how did you resolve the situation?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in May 2018

Interview

You are given a scenario to review and then meet with a panel from the different areas of the bureau. Each panel member will ask a different question. It is hard to make a personal connection with 5 different members of the committee.

Interview Questions
  • How well do handle making decisions when you don't have all of the information you would like?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Interviews