Statewide Events Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Statewide Events

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Statewide Events

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Statewide Events.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com and got a call to come into the office. I walked in and it smelled like smoke and was asked to fill out an application while I wait. The hiring manager came in about 10 minutes and interviewed me and another guy at the same time which I found rather odd. She explained about the company and how they operate. You work off of commission. They say they have a guarantee pay of $300 per week if you don't meet your sale goals. Plus they want you to work 12 hour days 6 days a week.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Statewide Events (Arlington, TX).

Interview

I applied to an indeed general blast ad. So the position I was applying for wasn't really specific, it just had 8 positions open and a list of the titles. I received a call to set up an interview. She made sure I was aware of the hours, my proximity to the office, and when I would be available to work.

I went to the interview and the place was pretty run down. I actually almost left right then but I gave it a chance. There seemed to only be one person there. People aren't greeted at the front desk and it's kind of odd.

You fill out a basic application when you arrive or when they appear. Then I was interviewed with another person which again I found a little odd. I found out he had some sort of felony or misdemeanor in the past which I shouldn't have known about him. That seemed really unprofessional and kind of rude to him. Although she was careful not to say what he had done, so there was a little courtesy to him. During the interview you need to have a car, be comfortable with the commute, have no criminal past for at least 7 years, and be open to supervise people.

She then explained their products and how well they did financially and it felt like a pyramid scheme pitch almost, it was another odd moment. Basic company background and selling you on the company I get but this was a different vibe than that. The position was an entry level job where you'd set up and promote a product somewhere. Then you'd have "fast movement" into a supervisory position and other positions. So they didn't seem to be recruiting for different types of jobs like the ads said but rather there would be room for career advancement. It again at that point felt a little like a Mary Kay or pyramid type of company. You'd be stuck in the heat promoting in this job, no real guarantee of an office job.

She asked if it sounded like something we'd be interested in and at that point I said no thanks. She was very nice and I left. While we were in there 2 other people had come in, so be prepared to wait while they interview other people. So odd.

I'd say this might be an ok job for college students looking for extra money and who don't mind being in the Texas heat for long hours, especially maybe those getting a degree in marketing or something similar. Or long past felons who are having trouble finding work. But if you're looking for a real professional career with benefits I really don't think this is the place. At least not from what I experienced.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Statewide Events in February 2017.

Interview

It is a small office.. There is no sign out front to let you know its statewide events i only new because of the address in the email i was sent.. The person who was supposed to interview me was not there so the woman thay did my interview was very plesent we had an enjoyable conversation before the initial interview.. Very laid back... But she didnt know anything about benefits that they offer or dont offer she couldnt tell me exactly what pay would be.. She just said base pay between 300-600 a week.. For 8am-630pm 6 days a week.. However it is a sales job! The want you to demonstrate and sell a spray can for cleaning cars.. That is not what i was expecting..

Interview Questions

• how long did it take u to get here this morning? is that a commute you are willing to make on a daily basis...   1 Answer

I was offered the job.. But i had to decline because it didnt seem better than where i am at now and the fact i feel like the job was misrepresented when i saw it online this is a sales job .. She couldnt answer simple questions.. She said it was because she had only been with the company a month... Which to me is good for her but bad for business when the person doing interviews isn't the most knowledgeable about the company.. Howevef she said if i ever changed my mind or decided to come work for them to just call her and she would get me set up...