Sterling Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.3

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiter calls set up an appointment for manager to interview you, if hired then another recruiter calls you and tells you how much the company is paying for that position if interested you sign paper work for background check then drug test then starting date of branch training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sterling? Any questions do you want to ask me?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with angry customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always ask for more money it never hurts to ask, simple Yes or No.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp.

Interview

I applied online and within a 2 days I had a phone interview set up. Basic questions about employment history. That same day was asked to come in for a formal interview; The entire process was fast and was hired the same day.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First there was initial phone screening with HR, then a call with VP of the office, and then in-office interview. All conversations with friendly and mostly behavioral and just making sure I did my homework and was interested in the position.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp.

Interview

You will meet at Montebelo, upstate of New York. There will be a meeting with Human resources and then the district manager. There will be a set of questions base on the experience and the expertise in the field. After one week or two there would be a call for a follow up. The bank is very set back. Don't expect much.

Senior Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (Yonkers, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a call the day after was set up for an interview with branch management. Showed up to branch as scheduled for the interview. Branch manager and assistant managers interviewed me for about an hour and fifteen minutes,

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working with someone that wants your position but cannot get it due to a final warning and has been with the company 5+ years?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Originations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (Great Neck, NY).

Interview

the interview was not very professional. the interviewer was not as knowledgeable as I was and did not have much say in negotiations for salary. It took several phone calls to get an answer as to whether or not the salary i was asking was okay. The second interview was with a principal owner and his description of the job that i applied for was completely different. In the end I took the job with the hopes of creating a blend of what each person wanted

Senior Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (Montebello, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Excellent! They covered a lot of my questions. I didn't get the job, but i learned what i can do to get there. they want me to talk about more, but there really isn't anything else to say. I enjoyed talking with my recruiter and the my manager about how to be more at Sterling National Bank.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp in February 2014.

Interview

applied online had an interview with hr. The process took at least a 3 weeks to get a call back. I went in and interview with the branch manger and the operation manager

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult basic questions about experience and goals   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockland, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (Rockland, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Very Formal. Same day met with Regional Manager and Branch manager. Offer was made within 3 days. Great starting salary and no flexibility. Package was mailed to my house. Drug test is required before they give you a start date.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp in December 2009.

Interview

The process was straight to the point, easy, and simple.