Sterling Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sterling Bancorp

2.5

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiter calls set up an appointment for manager to interview you, if hired then another recruiter calls you and tells you how much the company is paying for that position if interested you sign paper work for background check then drug test then starting date of branch training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sterling? Any questions do you want to ask me?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with angry customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always ask for more money it never hurts to ask, simple Yes or No.

Client Service Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (Long Island City, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Short and quick
     Why do you want the job
    What can you bring to the table
    Can you work long hours
    Are you willing to do more than why you’re paid for

Interview Questions

• What are you willing to work for sterling national bank   1 Answer

Collateral Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp.

Interview

Two interviews face to face, each interview had 3 people in it asking questions. After the interview, the managers then try to get you to talk more about yourself as an individual, not professionally. So don't slip up and say you party or something, or do because they're all literally alcoholics there. They want to get to know you for you not professionally, despite them never going out after work for anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last role   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockland, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (Rockland, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Very Formal. Same day met with Regional Manager and Branch manager. Offer was made within 3 days. Great starting salary and no flexibility. Package was mailed to my house. Drug test is required before they give you a start date.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp.

Interview

You will meet at Montebelo, upstate of New York. There will be a meeting with Human resources and then the district manager. There will be a set of questions base on the experience and the expertise in the field. After one week or two there would be a call for a follow up. The bank is very set back. Don't expect much.

Senior Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (Yonkers, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a call the day after was set up for an interview with branch management. Showed up to branch as scheduled for the interview. Branch manager and assistant managers interviewed me for about an hour and fifteen minutes,

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working with someone that wants your position but cannot get it due to a final warning and has been with the company 5+ years?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (Lake Success, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

very brief and they were right on point with all the questions. the recruiter was very polite and professional and went over everything in detail all the benefits and all the requirements for the job and the culture of the company

Interview Questions

• what is your experience that brings to the table and what can you do to offer   1 Answer

Senior Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (Montebello, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Excellent! They covered a lot of my questions. I didn't get the job, but i learned what i can do to get there. they want me to talk about more, but there really isn't anything else to say. I enjoyed talking with my recruiter and the my manager about how to be more at Sterling National Bank.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp.

Interview

two leads in the first round, hope in 3 rounds in total. the interview took about 30 minutes, ask ed about the basic interview questions and some economic trend recently

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Bancorp (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First there was initial phone screening with HR, then a call with VP of the office, and then in-office interview. All conversations with friendly and mostly behavioral and just making sure I did my homework and was interested in the position.