Stikeman Elliot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stikeman Elliot Interview Questions

Interviews at Stikeman Elliot

Paralegal Interview

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, one with HR and one with two of the Partners that I would be working with. Everyone I met was very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stikeman Elliot (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Very short, few question about you and who you are, your background and experience. Basically lasted about 30 minutes, it was more like a conversation than an interview. It was one interview and one test (french and english and microsoft word). Got a call a week after saying I got the job.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stikeman Elliot (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

-talked about my experiences, typical interview questions, no testing, comfortable interview
    -met in the reception area of the firm in one of the board rooms to chat; professional environment/interview.
    -wasn't too stressful, was relaxed for me at least.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a problematic/negative coworker, how did you deal with that?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stikeman Elliot (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview with the HR Manager, she is very friendly, the office is quiet when you come in, so nothing too stressful. She asks typical interview questions, and it lasts just under an hour. Not too difficult. I got feedback after the interview as to how it went, even though I did not get the job, it came down to me and one other candidate and they told me they had gone with the other candidate.

Senior Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stikeman Elliot (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very pleasant. Described the job description in detail. Went over my resume and asked any questions that they had about my resume. She then proceeded with another 10-12 questions about my previous roles and experience. I responded to all the questions while the interviewer took notes. When she was complete she asked if I had any questions and I went through all my questions. It took about 35 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• How I would prioritize my work.   1 Answer
    • How I went about negotiating a Lease.   1 Answer

Manager, Learning and Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stikeman Elliot (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

5-stage process: 1. Interview at executive search firm with consultant; 2. interview with IT Director and CEO; 3. Interview with HR Director; 4. Interview with KM Director; 5. Interview with Project Consultant

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done a Myers Briggs profile?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I could have negotiated but did not do so (and should have!)