Strategic Value Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Strategic Value Media Interview Questions

Interviews at Strategic Value Media

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Strategic Value Media (Overland Park, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application in addition to bringing my resume. Waited for about 10 minutes while manager was working with other employees. Was able to listen to what other employees were saying on the phone to give me an idea of what the job entails.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you the most?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Strategic Value Media (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Met with Branch Manager, filled out actual paper application. Finished first round interview. Skyped with VP of Sales in New York. Given conditional offer of employment and emailed training date.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Strategic Value Media (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

When you go in for the interview with Mike, he'll ask you questions about your experience, your competitive nature, etc. You'll be forced to sit on the sales floor for a while and watch what everyone's doing to "get an experience of what the job would be like." If Mike asks you to stay to interview with the VP, you're still in the running for the job. If not, you have no chance of receiving the job.

Advertising Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strategic Value Media (Overland Park, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

Don't be deceived! I usually don't review businesses based on interviews but this was such a horrible experience that I thought that I would tell everyone about it! I showed up on time or maybe one minute late to show up to an interview. I was kept there waiting for a few minutes while the guy doing the interview was on the phone. He then proceeded over to me by telling me that I was 5 minutes late and it hadn't even been 5 mintues that I was there. He then stated that there was another interview at the same time. He flat out told me to leave because he expected me to be early to an interview. Also, this is a telemarketing job at a call center. I had no idea it was a call center job or that it was just one room with a bunch of people on the phone. It was a joke, like a scene from the office with absolutely no cubicles. Do not go there! You will get treated like cattle and less than human. Job seekers,
    you have been warned!

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strategic Value Media (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Very open and straight forward. Talked about day to day office life. Holidays, days off and etc.
    Looked around the office and met some of the senior reps and shared a brief word with a few of them as well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to put yourself in a dangerous situation, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strategic Value Media (Overland Park, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process was a bit odd for the fact that you have a second interview with a CEO through skype after the interviewer leaves the room. They also will give just about anyone an interview from what it seems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strategic Value Media (Raleigh, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Saw job posting online, applied and was contacted within a week. The manager I was suppose to interview with emailed the morning of and pushed it back a few hours. Had two 20 minute long interviews with two of the managers. Was then contacted a week later by phone by another manager. I was suppose to hear back within 3 days of the last phone interview and never did. I followed up via email and phone but neither were returned. HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strategic Value Media (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview, and if the branch manager likes you he will invite you to come in.
    Once you walk into the dull office, an inside rep will provide you with trade association magazines that to look over. You are then asked to fill out a redundant employment form until the manager calls you in to his office.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strategic Value Media (Overland Park, KS) in May 2013.

Interview

phone interview, followed by in person, and if they like you they will have you Skype with Division VP in NY! In person interview they have you sit on the sales floor to fill out paperwork... sometimes or most its for 30 minutes before they call you in. If the in person with Branch Manager goes well-- back to the seat on the floor, and I've seen prospective hires sit another 20 minutes before being called to the conf room for the Skype interview. If you do go for an interview clear your schedule for the day!

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself on the phone all day every day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation..

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Strategic Value Media (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Basically, they're looking for you to say you're personable, self motivated, and interested in making money. Then you get taken to Skype with the boss in New York. Pretty straightforward as they hire pretty much everybody.