Stratos Wealth Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stratos Wealth Partners

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stratos Wealth Partners (Cleveland, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I have two interviews with Stratos. One is interviewed with department manager and the other is with the CEO of the company. department manager asked me some specific question about financial industry, such as what is the different between brokerage service and advisory service?

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stratos Wealth Partners (Beachwood, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

There was a three part process. I met with a Director of Advisory and the Human Resource Director, then with the CCO and the Human Resource Director and then with the CEO and the Human Resource Director (rare). The CEO asked more about personality, and the other two asked about role specific tasks.

Interview Questions

Interview

Each advisor conducts their own hiring process within the firm, so applicants should beware that some will be more professional and diligent than others.
    I had a very negative experience with one advisor, which consumed a large amount of my time and negatively impacted my job search and financial wellbeing.
    I was very excited about the position and motivated to join the team. First interview went very well, after the second interview the advisor told me that he was ready to move forward, and would be in touch within the next week with a formal offer. Three weeks later, I still had not heard back. When I contacted him to find out if they were still considering my employment, he asked me to come for another interview. At that point, I was formally offered and accepted the position. I had asked him if he would like to start with a probationary period, and he declined.
    The advisor would not accept any outside employment, so I took some time to finalize my outside contracting projects and part-time employment that had been carrying me financially through my job search.
    One week into my employment at Stratos Wealth Partners, my position was eliminated and I was asked to leave. I was given no actual reason, and he had actually complimented my skills and the work I had produced in my first week. He paid me through the end of my second week.
    Now I am back on the job hunt, except this time without the supplemental income I had previously relied on to pay my bills. Stratos Wealth Partners has put me in a very difficult position, and I feel that I've been punished for applying for this job.
    I would recommend job seekers tread lightly with this interview process, and take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Stratos Wealth Partners.

Interview

Met with Jeff a couple of times over 6-18 months. Chatted with LPL corporate and talked with other OSJs. Compared what we would get vs what it would cost us.