StubHub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at StubHub (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was as follows:
    1. Technical Phone Screen- 45 mins- mainly focused on technical questions and list experience as per the resume.
    2. Followed by Onsite Interviews- 4 each for 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design a high available and scalable backend API and system.
      2. Delete the Nth node from the linked list in a single pass.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at StubHub (Draper, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

First you do a Video interview thru HireVue, then once you pass that, you go in for an inperson interview. All very casual, and friendly employees at SH/Ebay

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply here/Do you know anyone that works here   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at StubHub (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

It was fast and friendly, and they used an online video interviewing service that actually took a lot of the edge off of the process and gave me the chance to talk about myself a good deal.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at StubHub in February 2017.

Interview

it was good i just had to answer some questions it was very simple to do i only had to apply take a test and wait for a phone call

Director of Revenue Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at StubHub (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Bizarre process. Really no process. Had three calls scheduled with director of talent. He missed first two and called 20 minutes late for third. He could not answer any questions about the role and the company info he gave me turned out to be not accurate after I fact checked.

I do like the company and space. Was huge red flag if this is who leads their recruiting efforts however.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why we should be talking to you?   2 Answers

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at StubHub (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

1st Round Boston Office, 3 Rounds Interview with Technical lead, Interview with Software Eng 2 and Member in Technical Staff 1.

If you pass first round, 2nd round with SF office candidates

Interview Questions

• 1st Round - Vending machine design, Design Deployment Architecture , IIS , Diff Web Server vs App Server
      2nd Round - Array of integers , delete duplicate int from an array that has distance (indices distance) less than 3. Top 2 Max Profit calculation stock buy and sell.
      3rd Round - Typical ASP.Net MVC 4 interview question, coding - sum of even numbers   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at StubHub (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with StubHub in their San Francisco office.

I went there thinking that StubHub is another sexy SF startup and was shocked to find that it is a big enterprise full of (what looked like) foreign contractors. Most of the people there were young Indians and Chinese who were hired in India and China. In other words, they did not seem like they have a degree from the US. The culture and vibe seemed very "outsourced"ish.

I was interviewed by several people. Most of them seemed like typical Indian software contractors from big outsourcing companies (probably joined as contractors and then got hired full-time). One of them was Chinese who was hired in China and then brought over to the US.

The overall quality of the interviewers was poor. I was shocked by the knowledge-level of people who introduced themselves as mangers and architects. One "product manager" (or was it "program manager"?) who interviewed me was a joke. I did not get a feeling that these people built anything great in their lives. Nor did I get a feeling that they were capable of building something great.

My feeling was that all these employees must be getting paid peanuts and there is no way that these people can afford me. I also can imagine what politics there would be like. Nevertheless, even though I was shocked by the lack of basic knowledge displayed by some of them, overall they were nice to me so I can't complain too much.

So to sum up, if you are young (maybe a fresh grad or with 1 or 2 years of experience) and don't mind working in a very Indian/Chinese culture, this might be a good fit for you.

Interview Questions

• Nothing extraordinary. If you prepare for Google/Microsoft/Facebook interview, this should be easy for you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Granby, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at StubHub (East Granby, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview with actual stubhub employees was really a good experience. Most of us do not actually work for stubhub we are through a agency, for my experience you have a slim chance of actually getting hired permanent.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at StubHub.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I received an email within a week asking to schedule a phone screen with a recruiter. Call went well and I was pretty sure I would at least make it to a first interview with the hiring manager. No response after several attempts at follow up. I find it so bizarre when they don't follow up with candidates afterwards providing a status update. Probably for the best given that they are under big brother eBay's thumb, who isn't doing too well right now. After reading employee reviews here, looks like I may have dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen focused on work experience, why StubHub, etc. They also want to know your salary expectations upfront.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at StubHub (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was fast, as soon as I replied their linkedin message they scheduled the phone interview within first week and onsite interview as per my availability. People I met during onsite were smart and nice, interview process was smooth but a bit tired for me as I had to work till late night to finish my tasks and be available for the interview.

Interviewer were all nice except recruiter who rejected my cab/taxi reimbursement claim even after pre approved by email. That was worst kind of behavior and wasn't expected from stubhub/ebay. They blatantly said NO and said there mail approval was a mistake from their part.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to technology I was being interviewed for, related to trees,linkedlist and graphs.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at StubHub (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was one phone screening and one on-site interview within San Francisco. The phone screen was with the hiring manager, and the on-site interview was with different members of the team. It was fairly relaxed.