StubHub Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
StubHub President Scott Cutler
Scott Cutler

Pros
Cons
  • Working in LMS can make work-life balance hard to handle because of the 7 day work week scheduling (in 15 reviews)

• Pro: Leadership team is aware and making updates where possible (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Company has successfully pivoted"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at StubHub full-time

Pros

-If you are an avid sports/ theatre/ concert fan, you will love working here
    -Being part of the eBay family has its benefits. There is typically a huge investment in training and development of employees as there is an expectation and incentives to stay for 5-10 years or more.
    -You don't have to trade off a growing your career with having a family. There's good work life balance on most teams.
    -After a recent acquisition StubHub is now in over 50 countries worldwide! This in addition to the current growth trajectory is translating into lots of new job opportunities and possibilities for lateral and upward mobility within the company.
    -Marketing team is being up leveled
    -The office is super convenient to get to by Bart/ Caltrain/ Transbay
    -Mobile team rocks

Cons

-The site technology stack is improving but not fast enough. Architecture guidelines are grossly neglected.
    -Too many technical and process bottle necks stifle ability to release quickly

Advice to Management

-Keep up the momentum with business growth!

2. "Company with a compelling purpose"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at StubHub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inspiring vision to have an impact in the world - connecting people through inspiring event experiences

Passionate leadership and team - people love music, sport, events and this translates to the day to day culture

Growth mode - feels like the company is in a moment of growth and it's an exciting place to be

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep going with taking bold action to drive positive impact and experiences into the world. What we do really matters!

3. "Fun Experience, but Not a Career"

Former Employee - Field Operations in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Field Operations in Washington, DC

I worked at StubHub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sports knowledge is encouraged as you are dealing with a lot of sports fans buying tickets from the website, very fun to talk with customers before the games (Away fans were always happy to talk a bit of smack).

Many customers are very thankful and excited to go to events, very fulfilling to help a family attend a game of their favorite team.

Actual work with the tickets is pretty simple, detail oriented but very straight forward.

Occasionally, if an order was cancelled or refunded, Owned Inventory can be used to attend the events by employees. Overall I went to a decent amount of NBA and NHL regular season and playoff games.

Cons

Was promised my schedule would be set 4-weeks in advance, but it actually was set the week before. Not horrible but would have been nice to have the truth.

It is a customer service job, you will get angry customers every now and then.

Working sports games means working nights and weekends.

When the season ends you essentially have no job until the next season (If you work for teams like DC where they choke in the playoffs every year, you'll be done in May and have to wait until September/October for the next seasons)

Advice to Management

Team schedules are announced before the season starts, shouldn't be too difficult to have a schedule at least 2 weeks in advance. Overall there's not much to complain about.

5. "Best place for work with successful Company"

Current Employee - Global Network Security in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Global Network Security in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at StubHub full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best place for work for support FANS!!!!Part of the eBay family has benefits. There is huge investment in training and development of employees as there is an expectation and incentives to stay for longer years
    There's good work life balance on most teamS

Cons

I did not find any cons .Being happy part of Ebay family.

"Bright Future with right person leading the way"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at StubHub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great leadership, employee empowerment, good benefit

Cons

sometime short sighted, need to look at the bigger picture and improve technology

Advice to Management

Empower your people, but hold decision makers accountable for their action if there is business impact.

7. "Found a nice working environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at StubHub full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work, ownership, some nice co-workers,

Cons

You may not get what you deserve, too many human created huddles.

8. "Great Company Overall"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at StubHub full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing culture at StubHub, great people.

Cons

Just the typical corporate stuff where people spend their days working on things that don't matter or get changed at the drop of a dime.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Employees are just a number."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Granby, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Granby, CT

I have been working at StubHub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a fun place to work. You get to talk to a lot of amazing people. I love what I do and you get to help people with that once in a lifetime experience.

Cons

You are just a number to them, there is no feeling of security. The management and staffing agency have very poor communication. They are always thinking about the fan but could really care less about the employee .

"UI team in StubHub"

Current Employee - Senior UI Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior UI Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at StubHub full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to explore if you're self motivated.
    Best place to just come and go, get paid and stay stale if not interested to move up in the career.

Cons

There is absolutely "NO" growth for engineers in StubHub's UI team. Managers in this team never bother about the team's growth rather are very political and self-centric.

Engineers will never get appreciated, rather will be constantly demotivated and discouraged, will be given lame reasons when it comes to appreciations, benefits and promotions.

Poor management of this team spoils the work ethics and demotivates every individual in the team.

Being the face of StubHub, the UI engineering team is deprived from appreciation, promotions, motivation and career growth.

Advice to Management

Be considerate to your team members, appreciate and motivate the team.

A team must grow together, not just the managers. Try to find the pulse of the team every now and then, act as needed.

A satisfied and engaged team will get the company to next level, not just the imaginative aggressive goals.

"Listen and ask for feedback"

I have been working at StubHub full-time

Pros

Great place for folks into Sports and Concerts
    New CEO is great and brings new ideas and culture
    Great food, snacks and project celebrations.

Some great leaders who balance there work between running the business and helping there people growth. My team is empowered to make decisions and my bosses boss gets involved only when needed or when the project has issues. Our director makes time out of his busy schedule to meet us anytime.

Cons

Engineering, PMO, QA - The 3 are lost organizations without any true leadership. None of them truly knows what is going on and where are the issues.

Advice to Management

To truly change the culture and truly address the issues, talk to the people. Meet all levels of managements and your most senior ICs and get feedback.

Project delivery feels slow because there are issues to resolve. Stop coming up with random new processes, like pipeline, to solve issues that are not fully understood. We don't truly understand the issues and we are making changes.

We are very bandage focused in technology. We do what it takes to meet a specific use case for a specific date. Then we go back and spend months and months to cleanup something that was never fully delivered.

Please talk to your employees at all levels and don't rely on the same folks.

Please create a internal feedback system so we don't have to put this on a public web-site. There is no way to give real feedback to upper (high up) management without getting dinged. There is a problem giving feedback because some leaders get very defensive.