Styles for Less Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Styles for Less (Mesa, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

Met with the District Manager to discuss my application submitted online for Store Manager. Was a brief interview after a few questions she decided to offer me an Assistant Manager position, where I could train and then soon be moved up. I accepted. She told me to meet with the Manager at a different store to complete the new hire process, which I did. They requested an old pay stub be brought to them before I could start. I complied, then NEVER heard back from them. Left several messages, etc, very unprofessional. Wouldn't even return my pay stub from my former employer.

Interview Questions

• general. to the point questions. Did ask about specific style trends I followed.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Styles for Less (Hayward, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was great. It was about 30 min but it didn't feel like it. She was very nice and communicated very well with me. She ask the normal interview question nothing to hard.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Styles for Less (Anaheim, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with an existing buyer. Meet GvP for in person interview. Also meet with several buyers in same interview date. Called in for 2nd round interviews. Meet with CEO then had another chat with GVP.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Styles for Less.

Interview

Brief phone overview with a more formal interview a few days later. The hiring manager was dressed pretty casually-she wore things you would find in the store.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your former employers could have done better?   1 Answer

They could only offer a part time position

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Styles for Less.

Interview

Very professional but easy going. The district manager didn't make me nervous or try to be intimidating. Had two phone interviews, one with store manager. Quick process, started my training before two weeks was fully up & they worked around that schedule.

Interview Questions

• How would you style different customers (ie. mother, teen, prom)   1 Answer

Negotiation

She told me the max they could pay which was not an increase from previous job but guaranteed more work hours & potential bonuses.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Styles for Less (Mountain, WI).

Interview

They wanted a hand-written application brought in, with my last 15 years accounted for EVERY job I held and any gaps in between! This took me having to print out 6 pages of the application since there was no room to fill inall that they wanted on 1 application. Then they wanted checkstubs from all the jobs, or at least the most recent. The DM told me unless I said I was OPEN all the time, they wouldn't even look at, regardless of what the Manager & I discussed. She used white-out to change my application while I was there!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I was talked down to a Manager In Training & PT position from an Assistant Manager FT position indicating that my retail experience had been awhile back, even tho I have a degree in Fashion!

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Styles for Less (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief and direct. They use standard corp questioning. Standard Q&A. District Manager was courtesy, professional and easy to talk with. She is very honest about the company, the position and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a tough situation with a guest and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eureka, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Styles for Less (Eureka, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

They were very scenario based. I was asked questions regarding resolving customer issues and handling loss prevention scenarios internally and externally. I was asked a little bit on past experience. Which were other retail management positions.

Interview Questions

• If an angry customer comes in how do you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cathedral City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Styles for Less (Cathedral City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

interview quick and painless hiring time was a nightmare there's really not much more to say other than anywhere else would be a better choice your on this site already, pick housekeeping over this trash

Interview Questions

• how much do you know about styling?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Styles for Less (Brentwood, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Interviewer was very laid back and easy going.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the shrink from my previous employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made lower than I wanted. Declined offer 3 times and finally got what i wanted.