Sullivan & Cromwell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sullivan & Cromwell Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.7

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan & Cromwell.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website. I was contacted for a phone interview about a week or so later. The interview wasn't too hard, and they were very nice. They said they would let me know in 1-2 weeks if there would be an in person interview, but they never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• how did you hear about us, describe what your understanding of the job   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sullivan & Cromwell in February 2017.

Interview

It was an informational interview. The interviewer was very pleasant and willing to answer all of my questions. The process was easy. Sullivan has a lot of great opportunities open to paralegals.

Billings Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sullivan & Cromwell (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my resume through a recruiter and heard back that they wanted to bring me in for an interview a few days later. Met with billings and compliance managers. Asked general interview questions and were both very friendly

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan & Cromwell (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had to completely fill out application, even though they had my resume. Interviewed with office manager who talked through most of interview, asking very few questions. Was brought back to interview with principal. Was brought back again to re-interview with office manager and again with principal. Was told job was filled, but got a call back within a very short rime (weeks?) saying position was open again and was brought back for more rounds of interviews.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sullivan & Cromwell (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Short interview from college campus recruiting. There were two interviewers, both of whom were very nice and cordial. They asked pretty standard questions and then tailored some questions based on my experiences. I sent a thank you email after the interview, but never heard a response. I sent a follow-up thank you note, again with no response. It seems that if they do not want to go forward with a second interview or do not want to extend an offer, they may never get back to you.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sullivan & Cromwell in March 2016.

Interview

I didn't get further than ten minutes into the phone screening because the interviewer said the job required a two-year commitment, which I couldn't do because of visa limitations. This was something that should have been stated in the job application. Other than that, the questions were pretty basic, except for a few odd questions (regarding my LSAT score and my choice of university).

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at S&C? What was your LSAT score? Why did you choose to attend the university you went to?   Answer Question

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan & Cromwell (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied in late January and received an interview request two weeks later. After a phone screening, I did an in-person interview two weeks later with four different people (current litigation legal assistant, senior paralegal, HR rep, and paralegal manager) . I also did a foreign language translation. Overall I thought the interview went very well, everyone was very nice and accommodating. Received a rejection letter two weeks later in the mail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sullivan and Cromwell?
      Describe a time you had to work with someone who had a difficult personality.   Answer Question

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan & Cromwell (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview, extremely nice, answered a lot of questions. Very basic questions, know your resume, strengths and weaknesses and have questions prepared. Then got called for an in-person interview. Met with several different people, including a current legal assistant, HR, and director of legal assistants. Overall the in-person interview took about 3 hours. Everyone was lovely.

Interview Questions

• What was your LSAT scores? What are your strengths and weaknesses? How do you organize large amounts of data? How have you used teamwork?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sullivan & Cromwell.

Interview

Arranged for an in-person interview in the office. Scheduling a date took some time. Met with HR person then a series of attorneys, followed by lunch. Received offer the next day. They paid for travel expenses.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sullivan & Cromwell (New York, NY).

Interview

I first submitted my resume to a Temp Agency and was picked up by them. After meeting with the recruiter, she submitted my resume to S&C. My interview at S&C went very smoothly. There were two people who interviewed me simultaneously. They were in charge of all of the Legal Secretaries at S&C. They were really nice and easy-going. They were not intimidating nor were they mean in any way. They were very curious about my past experiences and my future goals. The interview went extremely well and I knew I would be getting a call back from the Temp Agency to let me know I had been hired.

Interview Questions

• One of the two interviewers asked me if I was considering going to law school in the future.   1 Answer