Sun Hydraulics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sun Hydraulics

2.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Hydraulics (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2018.

Interview

Had a telephonic interview with two Sun representatives - 1 HR and 1 engineer. Was a relatively comfortable experience with a focus on behavioral questions such as weaknesses/strength, favorite courses, academic challenges, etc. Not much of a focus on my prior engineering experiences.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Hydraulics (Sarasota, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview, met with several team members over 2 day period; no communication or feedback after each interview. They did not seem to have a clear idea of what they were looking for in position. Learned later they already had an internal candidate selected. The overall experience was pleasant but ultimately a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• How do you prefer to communicate, in person, email or remote?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Hydraulics.

Interview

Basic interview questions about your interests (hobbies, what classes you have taken, good and bad qualities about you) and how you will fit with the company. The experience was very pleasant with the human resources person being very friendly. Interview lasted for only fifteen minutes. Overall very relaxed interview, but still professional.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Hydraulics (Sarasota, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview. I was interviewed by an HR rep and a lead engineer. The HR rep asked the behavioral questions like three best qualities/one weakness, while the engineer asked about courses and hands-on engineering experience. Even if I received no idea it was a good interview experience.

Summer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Hydraulics.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and an engineer. They asked the basic/usual interview questions. Interview lasted only about 15 minutes. They liked me, but I guess they found someone better or closer since I am across the country. I mentioned a project I was in and they asked me what the hardest thing was about it.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sun Hydraulics (Sarasota, FL) in November 2018.

Interview

Was a 30 minute phone call. The call was pleasant and informative. You can tell was a "cattle" call type. No questions for the candidate. Not the kind of place I would consider having a career at.

Interview Questions

• None. Talked about the company and their plans for the future. Asked no questions about me whatsoever. It was mentioned there is no privacy for the HR people. They sit in cubicles around other employees. Are you serious??   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Hydraulics (Sarasota, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved two phone interviews. I was asked around two questions and both of them were very straightforward. The interviewer was fairly easy to talk to, although I believe they wanted me partly for my ability to speak Korean.

Electrohydraulic Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Hydraulics.

Interview

Early interview at 8am in their Sarasota office. Interviewed with 2 gentlemen for a postgraduate internship. One was very friendly, the other was late and seemed agitated. They said they would let me know within the week if I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• 3 Words that describe yourself
      Your good and bad qualities
      Favorite/Least favorite classes   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Hydraulics (Sarasota, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and straightforward. The people there are very friendly and look to find well qualified individuals. Everyone was polite and looked to foster a culture that supports that type of environment.