SunEdison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunEdison Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2018

2.9

Contractor Interview

Interview

Contract employee

Interview Questions

• Are you available weekdays?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunEdison (Belmont, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process with this company was pretty good. At first their was a "take home" project they assigned to me, that was specific enough to not be easily google-able that gave me a chance to prove my engineering chops without a high stress situation.

The interviews were above average, with more general lines of questions and no trivia or puzzles.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember a specific unexpected question, I do remember I was asked to explain a reader/writer lock, which I happened to be extremely familiar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no negotiation, as unfortunately I let the head hunters who got me the interview do the negotiation and they basically rolled over. This was unfortunate, as working for this company I have found that getting the starting salary you want is instrumental in being happy with comp here, as getting raising is neigh impossible even with superior results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunEdison (Belmont, CA).

Interview

2 phone interviews, one by entry-level analysts and another by more senior staff, followed by flyout interview in Belmont, CA.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you are given too demanding of a workload?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunEdison (Belmont, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview consisted of three rounds. The first round was a phone interview with current analysts. The second round was also a phone interview (with a manager). The final round was an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't get this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, we were able to negotiate with the hiring manager, who then had HR send an updated offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunEdison (Belmont, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First night taken out to dinner by current analysts at a nice restaurant for casual conversations. The next morning we had three interviews: one behavioral, one experiential, one case study - 30 minutes each. First two were easy but case study threw me off and I think that ruined my chances. You spend the entire experience with the other candidates which is pretty awkward. Also, the whole thing was very rushed and it was annoying to have to do it in the middle of finals/the holidays.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunEdison in March 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee over at SunEdison. The process took around 3 weeks, where it was mostly waiting. I had to fill out some information regarding on salary, location, travel, etc. I interviewed with 3 managers and the process was extremely smooth.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply the skills you learned at school to this job?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at SunEdison (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with two different employees outside of the human resources department that were relatively similar followed by notification of an offer. It was a relatively casual process overall, though the interviews were rather specific in their questions. Could have used slightly better communication, but totally understandable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to be adaptable and how you did that.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunEdison.

Interview

It was pretty standard and I should have prepared more. They had two interviewers who asked pretty basic questions plus a case question

Interview Questions

• How many marbles fit in the Empire State Building?   3 Answers

Business Development Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunEdison in July 2015.

Interview

I had interviews with three people, thirty minutes long. The interviewers were direct supervisors, as well as people I would be working on the team with. They asked about my experience and wanted me to reflect on my understanding of the solar energy field.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunEdison (Belmont, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Originally applied for an engineering position but was contacted by HR telling me that they felt I would be a better fit for the Business Process Analyst. It was almost like a cold call, but as the position sounded interesting, even a little exciting, and related to renewable energy (my passion) I agreed to an interview.

The interview was friendly and seemed to go well. We talked about my resume and the work I have done. Some light technical as it related to solar and modeling, some about how I interact with difficult people. The only curve ball was a question on my SQL skill level (a skill not stated anywhere on my submitted CV). The spooky part is that I am currently taking a class on it.

I was told that I would be sent to the next hiring manager. Unfortunately I received a rejection letter, but on the plus side it was prompt. I like prompt, remove it from the list and roll on. Even still, it is a little confusing to be cut out so quickly on a position that I was cold called on.

The interview was useful in that it answered some questions that I could not dig up answers for:
    *Annual bonus, this question comes up in the application submission (must answer in number/percentage so be ready), but has no frame of reference. It appears that 8-16% is a good range.

*Compensation, for this position it was in the 80's which seems to run low for the bay area. Maybe with the bonus, depending on level, this balances.

*No counter offer, when asked "what compensation do you want" (also a must answer on the application), be careful. The impression I get is that SunEdison takes "Desired" as "Must be". If that range is out of their "Desired" it will likely lead to a rejection.

My impression is that not living in the immediate area is a very strong negative. On the plus side they do have a phone number for the HR dept and the reps there are friendly. Hope this helps, and good luck.