SunEdison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunEdison Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.9

HRBP Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SunEdison.

Interview

this was a part of the acquisition so the interviews were to find the best fit in the organization. I interviewed with four senior managers and executives. All were courteous and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• It was overall a good and pleasant experience. Questions were work and personality / behavior related.   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunEdison (Maryland Heights, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone Interview followed by an in person interview with a group of three people at their location in Maryland Heights. Interviewers in person didn't seem prepared with questions, it was more of just a discussion of past experience and what SAP I had.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunEdison (Belmont, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First night taken out to dinner by current analysts at a nice restaurant for casual conversations. The next morning we had three interviews: one behavioral, one experiential, one case study - 30 minutes each. First two were easy but case study threw me off and I think that ruined my chances. You spend the entire experience with the other candidates which is pretty awkward. Also, the whole thing was very rushed and it was annoying to have to do it in the middle of finals/the holidays.

Junior Analyst Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at SunEdison (Belmont, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

This was a very straight forward interview process. It started with an online application with an essay. They then did a 30-45 min phone interview with two other people in the program. The final round interviews were at the corporate offices in Belmont, CA and included 3-30min interviews. They asked basic behavioral questions and nothing out of the ordinary. Know about the industry and ask good questions about the company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult.   Answer Question

Solar Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunEdison (Sacramento, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and received an email the following day inviting me to participate in a video interview. I participated and was informed I would be contacted by a local recruiter. No contact was ever made. I reached out several times to a hiring specialist, but have not received any response.

MLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunEdison (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a call from their current MLDP MBA people. It was nothing technical, many general interview questions, I think the person who interviewed me has just joined MLDP program for 1 year. She pretty much read all questions she needs to ask. There was nothing technical about the interview. I wish it could be more technical. I never get to the second round.

Interview Questions

• What is your Strength and weaknesses?
      Tell me about a time that you overcome a team challenge?   Answer Question

Pce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunEdison (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Told how great the company was doing which wasn't actually true. Shared my cost control finance experience and was hired without an engineering background. It was all about reducing the per wattage expense for off-taker but there were so many different scenarios it was hard to follow management's plan.
    I wasn't asked very difficult questions, based more on if you fit the culture. Not sure what the culture is though.

Interview Questions

• To explain my construction experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the pay was much higher than I was earning.

Solar Development Program Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunEdison.

Interview

Only made it to first round phone screening. There is definitely a second round screening, but I do not know the details. There are multiple people from the program on the call, but only one person asked the questions (at least in my case). The phone interview is a very typical phone screen, not much actual testing. Seems like they are just screening out poor candidates. One positive is that they contact you in about two weeks about whether you are granted a phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me one time you work with a team to resolve a challenge.   Answer Question
    • Q: Why do you want to work for SunEdison   2 Answers

Customer Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunEdison (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruited at a university networking event. Spoke with a recruiter and two of my future managers over the course of the 2-day event. Only one encounter felt like an actual interview (spoke for 30 minutes) where he told me about the job, company, etc., and I set forth some of my most relevant skills. A few days later the recruiter called me with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• In what ways do your experiences translate to this role at SunEdison?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunEdison (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Series of fit interviews over the phone and in person. Final interview with department head who had a number of questions to ensure I was the right fit before he gave his final blessing.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very practical to see if I would enjoy the job and do well.   1 Answer