SunPower Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at SunPower

2.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 103 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philippines
Application

I interviewed at SunPower (Philippines)

Interview

Unexpected call because I applied for CSR but then I got interviewed for position of TSE. I really don't know what to say yet or what to expect. But I am hoping for the best. Will try to deal for any vacant.position if I am not qualified.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to visit site when needed?
    Answer Question
  • Do you have internet connection with speed 20mbps?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunPower (United States) in Oct 2020

Interview

Extremely detailed, multi-step process. Includes an excel test that you must complete within 24 hours (this was emailed to me on a Friday afternoon, so anticipate very quick turn around times. After completing 6 interviews with Sunpower, I was completely ghosted. Its clear that the one recruiter for this large company is VERY overworked (I was receiving emails at odd hours + weekends) so I understand not having a lot of capacity for candidates you decide to not move forward with, but after 6 separate interviews I found this to be pretty unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly scenario questions - ex. describe when you had a conflict with a coworker, if you have 10 hours of work to complete and only have 8 hours to do it how do you complete it, describe why you think the solar industry is expanding.
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunPower (Austin, TX) in Sep 2020

Interview

This was a four-step process. An initial HR screen, interview with the hiring manager, a panel interview with three supervisors, and lastly a case study and final interview with a senior manager. The HR screen was standard and informative. Not a lot of digging into your background and mostly just aligning on compensation, timeline, and basic work history to determine fit. Both the second and third rounds were 90%+ behavioral questions. I tend to struggle with these, but they are worded in a way that is clear and are not meant to trip you up. I went blank on one question during the second round and the hiring manager gave me a scenario to think about that helped me form an answer on my own - super helpful! The final round is very relaxed. You will complete the case study and review it with the interviewer. He mostly is just getting a feel for your personality and determining fit for the team. He will also look to make sure you have responded well to the scenarios in the case study and can perform the duties of this position. Overall it was the best interview experience I've ever had. Everyone did a great job of making me feel comfortable and that took away a lot of the stress and nerves. Truly a world-class experience.

Interview Questions
  • - What is a strength / weakness of yours? - How would a previous manager describe you? - Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a customer? How did you resolve it?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunPower (Austin, TX)

Interview

I am writing this to note since it seems that the Austin recruiter may be consistently ghosting candidates, based on my experience and what I am seeing in these reviews. I just wanted to make sure other candidates are aware of this so that they can be prepared for that possibility and not take it personally if it happens to them as well.

Interview Questions
SunPower
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SunPower (Austin, TX) in Jul 2020

Interview

It is a lengthy process. You'll first talk with a recruiter then move on to the direct manager, then team members , manager peers and finally a panel interview where you are asked to present a marketing project to the group.

Interview Questions
  • Give us an example of a successful marketing campaign you have led? What made it successful-- OR Give us an example of a campaign that failed, why and what did you learn from it.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower (Austin, TX) in Jun 2020

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screening with the recruiter, general questions and was a very friendly conversation. He confirmed he would submit me to the Hiring Manager and due to COVID the next steps would be conducted over Zoom. A few days later I had a Zoom interview with the Hiring Manager, she provided an introduction to the role and asked fairly basic behavioral questions. It went smoothly and she said I would hear back in about a week. Exactly a week later I was informed by the recruiter that I had been moved to the next round, which was to complete an Excel modeling exercise with an accompanying PowerPoint. I submitted that prior to the established deadline, the recruiter confirmed receipt and passed it along to the Hiring Manager. That was the last I ever heard from the recruiter. I followed up three different times after my submission with no response. Finally, I contacted the Hiring Manager directly and she informed me that they have decided to go with another candidate. Very unprofessional on the recruiters end to not close the loop, especially with a candidate that is in the 2nd rd of the process. I give the hiring manager credit for informing me. In total, 6 weeks from phone screening to denial from HM.

Interview Questions
  • What is one trait that your coworkers would use to describe you?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower (United States) in Jun 2020

Interview

Took about three weeks to go through seven interviews over two rounds, after the initial recruiter screen. Questions were generally behavioral, fit, and background related, no prep was required. The interviewers were decent and it was a pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions
SunPower
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower (United States)

Interview

2 rounds of interview phone screening and in-person with the hiring manager. a tour of the building As everything moves super slow at SunPower, the hiring process took almost 1 month.

Interview Questions
SunPower
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower (Austin, TX) in Oct 2019

Interview

I had 3 interviews total and the process took about a month. One interview was over the phone, one over skype and the third one was supposed to be in person.

Interview Questions
  • Generic HR question and some technical questions related to solar energy and their specific set up.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at SunPower (United States)

Interview

Several stages to interview process, including an excel proficiency test for financial modeling. Very in depth description from interviewer about the role and the firm, which was nice. Additionally I would add that the company seems very proficient in what they do and would be a good place to work

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 103