KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

SunPower Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 125 of over 125 interviews

Recruiter13%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

SunPower

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SunPower in Jun 2022

Interview

After submitting my application I was contacted by a recruiter within 3 days. I had an initial phone screening followed by a work study to be completed in 24 hours. It included 2 scenarios: 1) Email a customer updating them on project progress 2) How would you manage a certain situation regarding procedures/management and lastly a writing prompt :How does SunPower fit into your career aspirations. You will then get the green light to interview with 3 Project coordinator supervisors. They each introduce themselves and give you the opportunity to introduce yourself. You will then be asked a series of questions from each of them. Mostly more scenarios/situational response and then given the opportunity to ask questions. I dressed up for the interview and was met with managers that didn't resemble managers at all. One (younger male) was wearing a t-shirt, one (younger female) was wearing an oversized sweatshirt and third (older male) was decently dressed in a short sleeve button down. This threw me off immediately and I felt over dressed. I assume because it is mostly remote they don't get dressed up to work at home and apparently not for interviews either. The whole tone of the interview panel seemed like they didn't want to be there and it was very dull. There was no energy to feed off of. No reactions to any responses good or bad. The female had her hand in her sweatshirt and over her mouth the entire interview. After the older male and female asked their questions they were quiet and didn't say another word. I was left to finish the interview with the younger male and he answered all of my questions to interview completion. Overall It felt stagnant, it was just a question and answer interview with no direction and not a conversation about the role or what I could do for the company. My personal observation is three supervisors with no real HR experience or experience in hiring.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Strength/Weakness Q: If you had to complete a project with very little info how would you proceed. Q: If the project manager promised a client that we would pay to get them a new roof but the client later finds out that isn't the case how do you proceed? Q: Tell me a time you had a conflict with a difficult customer how did you resolve it? Q: Why are you applying for this position?
    1 Answer

SunPower

Application

I interviewed at SunPower

Interview

Applied got a referral from an employee 1. HR phone screening round was good and said that I will get an invite for the next round but I did need to follow up for the next round as the recruiter didn't send an invite after call. 2. Technical round (Data Structure).

Interview Questions
  • Balanced brackets {([])} similar question as leet code problem

SunPower

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower

Interview

Good. It was very detailed and straightforward. There was nothing I was confused about. I wish there was more questions that I could ask. While seeing a glimpse of what a day to day looks like for this role.

Interview Questions
  • What Salary range are you comfortable with ?

SunPower

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower in Mar 2022

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter within a few days of submitting an application, and set up an interview with the hiring manager for the following week. The first interview consisted of a discussion of my background and the role, followed by Q&A on why I may be a good fit. There weren't many behavioral or situational questions. At the conclusion of the interview I was told a second interview would be scheduled with another manager. The second interview was with a senior manager who I would be working closely with. This interview was a bit more casual, and seemed to be focused on determining whether I was a good fit for the team. The hiring manager kept me in the loop over the next couple weeks while a decision was made, and eventually scheduled a call to extend an offer. Overall, I would consider it to be one of the better interview experiences I've had over the years.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me why you are a good fit for the role? Q: Can you describe your Program Management approach for this scope of work?

SunPower

Application

I interviewed at SunPower

Interview

Very unprofessional business practices. After multiple interviews with the recruiter and hiring manager, I was completely ghosted. A simple email would have sufficed - especially after my attempts to reach out for an update.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

SunPower

Application

I interviewed at SunPower

Interview

I had a 3 round interview process with a presentation as the last step. The team was friendly and was quick to respond with feedback and next steps after each round.

Interview Questions
  • Do a SWOT analysis of the website and how you would tackle the issues.

SunPower

Application

I interviewed at SunPower

Interview

4 rounds of interviews. Met with leader twice and manager once. Last round was a modeling exercise and presentation . Offer was made following the presentation. All in, process lasted about a month.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at SunPower (Austin, TX)

Interview

Horrible Experience. First call was with the recruiter about the role. Two interviews with the Manager, technical discussion and one with the director. Recruiter backed down on the comp after accepting the offer. Stay away.

Interview Questions
  • The interview was easy, 2 zoom interviews basic SE questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I interviewed at SunPower (Phoenix, AZ)

Interview

I had an initial screening with the recruiter and was asked to interview with their general counsel. After that interview, I followed-up with the recruiter via email and phone several times and never received a response back. It would be appreciated if they at least responded to say they were moving on with other candidates. The interview was only 30 minutes with general counsel and I didn't get a chance to do a lot of speaking about my background.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunPower (Austin, TX) in Nov 2021

Interview

The interview process wasn’t unpleasant. There was not an overwhelming amount of questions and they’re really nice guys. It lasts for about twenty minutes and I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Interviews

SunPower Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at SunPower as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.93 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Project Coordinator and Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Engineer and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at SunPower takes an average of 31 days when considering 128 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Design Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 28 days).

Common stages of the interview process at SunPower according to 128 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.71%