SunPower Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunPower Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunPower (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Initial call with a HR manager. Moved on to a call with another sales manager. Mentioned that they would set up another call which never happened. I did not hear back from them. Asked average interview questions.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SunPower (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I had talked with HR and set a phone interview. I was told the person interviewing me was traveling. I took that to mean the appointment time might be off by a few minutes. I was set and ready, but the time came and went. 15 minutes after the set time, when I was starting to call HR, I did get a text saying sorry, could we talk in 20-30 minutes. I responded and waited. He no showed again. I also didn't get another text, call or email from him. Later that day, I lmom for HR. She did call the next day saying she was sure he had rescheduled cause he is good at that. As of yet, I have not had any response from him. I heard from my friend who works at S.P. that he was in France. Which sounds like they have over burdened him with work. Either way, I have never heard of a professional company no showing not once but twice on the same day for an interview. I am dumbfounded and am no longer considering S.P. for employment.

Accounts Receivable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunPower (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

4 phone interviews each about 30 minutes. 2 of them were with recruiters, other 2 with managers. Then 1 in-person interview. Manager said there would be a week of training/learning company process in Philippines.

Finance Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunPower.

Interview

There are 3-4 rounds of phone screens, which mainly discuss about relevant previous experience in the solar industry, which they put of their attention on. After that candidate will be given a case to do some analysis and present the result to the management. Eventually there will be an onsite final round interview.

Interview Questions

• Relevant Experience
      What is the difference between working in a solar company and financial service firm?   Answer Question

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunPower.

Interview

Interview process was long and not very organized.
    I applied on-line, spoke with HR and was moved to a interview with a RSM a few weeks later. The HR contact me an hour before my interview to let me know they had to reschedule interview because RSM was busy. 2 months later I was able to have another phone interview and the process went forward to where I accepted the job. You have to stay on top and keep checking in.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower.

Interview

Seemed unorganized. I was in contact with one recruiter when another one reached out to me. First round of interviews were by phone. When I went for an in person interview, one of the leaders I spoke to who I had previously spoken to on the phone didn't remember our previous conversation and thought we were meeting for the first time. The hiring manager appeared to be more interested in how my company operated vs. generally getting to know me, my capability and background. Absolutely no response back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to how my current company operated   1 Answer

Project Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower.

Interview

-Had four rounds of interviews over the phone
    -Upon final round, I was given a verbal offer but they backed out two days later because they didn't want to go through with my H1B process
    -Process was slow and in the end, they couldn't even admit that they discriminated based on nationality

Interview Questions

• Finance questions, Excel skills   1 Answer

Site Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower (Anaheim, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

One interview then job was offered following a background check. I was pleased with their interest in safety. They also asked questions about my survey details. I was treated with respect. Office seemed to be busy with workers training.

Interview Questions

• Describe your safety practices.   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at SunPower (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interviews with standard questions about experience and interest in the industry. The first recruiter wasn't local (based out of HQ) and seemed to be unfamiliar with the Bay Area office which was awkward when I referenced local projects I had studied up on.

Director, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out and good talk, next spoke with HR Partner then called in to speak with 2 VP's in HR on a remote connection in the Sunpower Offices. Checked in a week later with recruiter and never a response. Now move several weeks FORWARD and another Sunpower recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn to see if I would be interested in interviewing for the role? LOL......I think I already did. I am aware Sunpower runs a lean HR team but one does expect a response of min. "no thank-you" if not a fit in moving forward.