SunPower Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunPower Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

Finance Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunPower.

Interview

There are 3-4 rounds of phone screens, which mainly discuss about relevant previous experience in the solar industry, which they put of their attention on. After that candidate will be given a case to do some analysis and present the result to the management. Eventually there will be an onsite final round interview.

Interview Questions

• Relevant Experience
      What is the difference between working in a solar company and financial service firm?
      Answer Question

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunPower.

Interview

Interview process was long and not very organized.
    I applied on-line, spoke with HR and was moved to a interview with a RSM a few weeks later. The HR contact me an hour before my interview to let me know they had to reschedule interview because RSM was busy. 2 months later I was able to have another phone interview and the process went forward to where I accepted the job. You have to stay on top and keep checking in.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower.

Interview

Seemed unorganized. I was in contact with one recruiter when another one reached out to me. First round of interviews were by phone. When I went for an in person interview, one of the leaders I spoke to who I had previously spoken to on the phone didn't remember our previous conversation and thought we were meeting for the first time. The hiring manager appeared to be more interested in how my company operated vs. generally getting to know me, my capability and background. Absolutely no response back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to how my current company operated   1 Answer

Project Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower.

Interview

-Had four rounds of interviews over the phone
    -Upon final round, I was given a verbal offer but they backed out two days later because they didn't want to go through with my H1B process
    -Process was slow and in the end, they couldn't even admit that they discriminated based on nationality

Interview Questions

• Finance questions, Excel skills   1 Answer

Site Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower (Anaheim, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

One interview then job was offered following a background check. I was pleased with their interest in safety. They also asked questions about my survey details. I was treated with respect. Office seemed to be busy with workers training.

Interview Questions

• Describe your safety practices.   1 Answer

Director, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out and good talk, next spoke with HR Partner then called in to speak with 2 VP's in HR on a remote connection in the Sunpower Offices. Checked in a week later with recruiter and never a response. Now move several weeks FORWARD and another Sunpower recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn to see if I would be interested in interviewing for the role? LOL......I think I already did. I am aware Sunpower runs a lean HR team but one does expect a response of min. "no thank-you" if not a fit in moving forward.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunPower.

Interview

After applying on the website, I got an email to schedule a phone interview. We scheduled for Friday. On Wednesday I missed a call, when I called back, the answering machine indicated that it was from SunPower. I emailed them asking why did they call me and confirming that the interview is on Friday and not Wednesday. They never replied. On Friday, no one called me. I emailed them again, and has never heard from them again ever since. Definitely a negative experience.

Field Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunPower (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone call interview

Called me without notice, just picked up the phone call.
    Talked about the company and what the position is.
    It was a FAE opening, Bachelor/Master openings.

Normal questions,
    tell me about yourself, how do you bring the profit to our company,
    describe your strength... etc.

The talk was about 10 mins

Interview Questions

• Do you like to go to the workplace and read blueprint?   1 Answer

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunPower (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had four phone interviews with different people within the communication department. First one was an informational interview and the last three were actually interviews. Two of the last interviews were with multiple people on the phone, they were sitting in a conference room while talking to me. They asked me a lot of questions pertaining to my experience that connected to the requirements. At the end they opened it up to me and asked me if I had any questions.

Origination, Development, and M&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunPower (Richmond, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was great.
    It consisted of an initial phone screen by an associate and an on-site interview.
    The on-site interview was a one-on-one with 3 managers in the group.