KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

SunPower Chairman and CEO Peter Faricy
Peter Faricy

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management, not as good prospects as its competitors, sales(in 25 reviews)
  • "No work life balance here(in 15 reviews)
  • "Annual layoffs which destroys morale(in 12 reviews)
  • "there is so much noise in the system that is compounded by management creating more noise (e.g. annual restructurings) and no leadership through bad times.(in 10 reviews)
  • "SunPower is so big even Managers get lost in the ocean that it is.(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SunPower and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company

Jul 6, 2022 - Residential Electrician in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

41K Health insurance vision insurence Dental insurance

Cons

They are a great surprise

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Director, Talent & Culture

Thank you for your review. We strive to offer a competitive total rewards package and appreciate the recognition of the benefits offered!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Easy Job

Aug 8, 2022 - Solar Advisor in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy Work Life Balance Good Benefits

Cons

Slow paced culture could be better not too challenging

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Demanding, but gratifying. Good work culture. Good people.

Jul 20, 2022 - Project Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Recruiter was very up front in the very first phone call about salary range. When the offer was finally made, it matched that range she told me. That was very nice. SunPower really has found a way to create a positive work culture. There's no bullying, needless competition, etc. People are nice and helpful and everyone wants everyone else to succeed. You get to have a hand in many different parts of the solar install. After some time in this position, you will have an excellent overview understanding of a solar project from beginning to end. The supervisors work tirelessly to support their teams. They go to bat for us when working with upper management. Very work from home friendly. Rarely have to go into the office. Flexible PTO.

Cons

Huge work load. Once you are settled in, you will have a very large workload. It will keep you super busy. Angry, entitled customers will be emailing you all the time. Everything is changing all the time. People mention SOP, but good luck figuring out what SOP is for lots of things. Every project manager, every team in every region is doing things a little differently. Can be frustrating figuring out what different PMs expect of you.

Senior Director, Talent & Culture

Thank you for your review, and for your recognition of the tireless work of our supervisors. Please provide feedback directly to your supervisor and manager on the workload. We are committed to providing all of our employees with the resources needed to be successful and engaged as we change the way our world is powered!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great in Solar

Jul 11, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Legacy in solar - Technology - long term potential

Cons

Challenged industry but adjusting to environment

Senior Director, Talent & Culture

Thank you for your review and enthusiastic dedication to changing the way our world is powered!

5. 4.0

Safe Company

Jul 8, 2022 - Solar Site Surveyor in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Safety is top priority meaning the number one goal is getting you back to your family healthy at the end of every day. Direct management is very positive and every member you run across is willing to help you out in learning and adjusting to the company. Benefits are quite nice and pay is average but it does seem like the company focuses on retention and hiring throughout more than anything.

Cons

Sunpower is still a newer leader in solar energy and hasn't had enough time to grow it's structure and network to support it's size and individual divisions as well. Company needs more time to focus on restructuring and thorough communication before being perfect. Hours can be over demanding if boundaries are not set.

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Director, Talent & Culture

Thank you for your insight and for highlighting Safety as our number value! Open communication is a key part of SunPower's culture and we will continue to strive to maintain open lines of communication with all our employees. Our upcoming engagement survey is an excellent way to provide feedback!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Jun 22, 2022 - Project Manger II in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair work and life balance

Cons

The equity options are the lower side.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Honest company, excellent quality, reliable and efficient products

Jun 22, 2022 - Senior Product Line Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has exec leadership that really cares about the employees. They recognize that employees are one of it's greatest assets

Cons

The industry is pretty rough. Although with democrats' return to leadership position, it should help the solar industry.

Senior Director, Talent & Culture

Thank you for your commitment to changing the way our world is powered!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Intense and forever startup

Jun 6, 2022 - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Feel empowered and contributions make a difference Being part of a company stands by the belief Lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Intense work environment Constant stress lot of attrition in senior management

Senior Director, Talent & Culture

Thank you for your tenure and commitment to change the way our world is powered! Our actions are driven by our values and we strive to offer development opportunities throughout your career. We are focused on taking actions to improve work-life balance and will continue to make this a priority.

9. 5.0

Amazing Benefits

Jun 2, 2022 - Scheduler in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible company. understanding culture, amazing hybrid schedule and growing! Management listens and implements ideas, so share your ideas! Great competitive benefits. Business is booming.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Senior Director, Talent & Culture

Thank you for your review and for your enthusiasm in changing the way our world is powered!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall good - lots of work

May 31, 2022 - Project Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule. Nice team and company

Cons

Heavy work requirements Complex knowledge needed Need to be in constant communication with customers

Senior Director, Talent & Culture

Thank you for your review, and for highlighting the opportunity to improve the workload. We are committed to being the best employer and appreciate feedback that allows us to continually improve as we change the way our world is powered.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 507 Reviews
</>Embed

SunPower Reviews FAQs

SunPower has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 595 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at SunPower to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SunPower employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SunPower. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

75% of SunPower employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SunPower 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SunPower to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with SunPower Job Seekers