SunTrust Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Richmond, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

The corporate headquarters is not well clean at all. During the interview process the interviewers seemed kind and genuine. I had questions about the previous person who held the position, after later starting I found out I was lied to about his status and reason for leaving company. After the interview Interviewer sent me an email thanking me for coming to interview for the position which I felt was a nice touch. After about 10 business days I received an offer from HR.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, during phone interview was asked a business case. They just wanted to get an idea of how I solve abstract business problems, just wanted to gauge my though process to solving problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They presented me with a low offer but I was able to negotiate slightly more and a signing bonus.

Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Richmond, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager was very easy to talk to without feeling intimidating. She explained the position in detail while asking me of my experience in detail and how it would relate to the position that I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• What my experience entailed.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage.

Interview

1 phone interview with HR (general questions, background, goals, where to do see yourself)
    1 interview with hiring manager (general questions, almost identical to HR reps questions)
    1 interview with executive manager (informal, who do you know, what do you do with your spare time)

Interview Questions

• Not many role specific questions as much as it was general knowledge based questions.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage.

Interview

HR phone interview, followed by a face to face interview with the hiring manager, ending with a phone conversation with HR. I gave this a thumbs down because SunTrust has a terrible policy of a 4% raise regardless of the grade promotion or position being accepted. It can be overridden with the proper pap[erwork being submitted to Jerome; however, very few hiring managers are willing to do this.

Interview Questions

• Why as I leaving my current position.   1 Answer

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Richmond, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

freelance recruiter referred me to the in-house (suntrust recruiter). application went to suntrust's HR department. phone screen with HR. then phone screen with hiring manager (director level). then in-person panel interview followed by in-person interview with director of department. very standard internal audit, resume and personality type questions. just know what you have been doing and where you want to go in next 3-5 years. appeared that the department was a little top-heavy and they need worker bees to do the actual testing, and ticking and tieing.

Mortgage Loan Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was an easy on campus interview. Interviewed by two women at the career center, it was very conversational with no technical question. It's a sales role so they want to make sure you are personable and can speak to people.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Richmond, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone screening then in person interview at the corporate office in Richmond

Very easy - Basic behavioral question to evaluate fit. They want to see whether you would fit the company's culture + would survive in sales.

Interviewers were very friendly and enthusiastic, which I greatly appreciated

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Richmond, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring Manager. If all goes well, you have a face to face with the hiring Manager, and their Manager.

Funder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Bellevue, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

Quick and easy. Interviewer was on time and professsional, easy to speak with. Interview was not rushed and interviewer listened to the answers presented. The office atmoshere was relaxed and casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was presented and accepted.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Richmond, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Since this was a contract job, the initial contact was made by a recruiter from a staffing agency. This recruiter set up a phone interview for me with the hiring manager. This led to an in-person interview. The recruiter wanted to know even before I had the in-person interview whether I would take the job if it was offered to me! I told him that it would depend on how the in-person interview went.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had ever used SAS Enterprise Guide (EG), since SunTrust was in the process of switching its programming products from Base SAS to EG.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate this salary. When the recruiter first contacted me about this position, he quoted me one hourly rate. When he called me back to inform me that the hiring manager had made an offer, he quoted me a rate that was $5.00 per hour MORE than the original quote. I should have known then that the hiring manager was desperate to get programmers in the door.