SunTrust Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.5

Systems & Procedure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Richmond, VA).

Interview

One in-person interview with a 4-person panel. It turned out to be a generic interview to see where I might fit best on which team, and was not based on the position I applied for. Not sure if the position I applied for even existed as there seemed to be a severe lack of communication and clarity between HR and the hiring managers throughout the process. HR rep seemed disorganized and out of touch.

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Richmond, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Met with two people and asked basic behavioral questions and went over my experiences. Fairly easy, heard back within an hour and accepted the job offer.

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Newark, DE) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was great for me as a recent college graduate. They let me know if I was hired before I graduate college, so I felt confident when I was done with school that I knew where I was headed. The interview was held at my school, which is convenient for students. Three members of the team came to interview, but it was very conversational and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my college clubs and activities - They like to see that people are involved in other ways than the norm.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Processor I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage.

Interview

It went well had the credentials. The only thing is that I felt the female who interviewed me, based on what she wanted and who she wanted. Not experience. I am prior military and my focus since getting out has been all around Mortgage industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sun Trust?   1 Answer

Loss Mitigation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very weird . I was asked complicated hypothetical questions about my life ten years down the line . And received details about the job that weren't useful .

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 10 years from now   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage.

Interview

HR phone interview, followed by a face to face interview with the hiring manager, ending with a phone conversation with HR. I gave this a thumbs down because SunTrust has a terrible policy of a 4% raise regardless of the grade promotion or position being accepted. It can be overridden with the proper pap[erwork being submitted to Jerome; however, very few hiring managers are willing to do this.

Interview Questions

• Why as I leaving my current position.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage.

Interview

1 phone interview with HR (general questions, background, goals, where to do see yourself)
    1 interview with hiring manager (general questions, almost identical to HR reps questions)
    1 interview with executive manager (informal, who do you know, what do you do with your spare time)

Interview Questions

• Not many role specific questions as much as it was general knowledge based questions.   1 Answer

Mortgage Loan Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was an easy on campus interview. Interviewed by two women at the career center, it was very conversational with no technical question. It's a sales role so they want to make sure you are personable and can speak to people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage.

Interview

Pretty standard, good review of prior roles and experience along with skills that you will bring to the table. I was interviewed by two managers at the same time asking different questions.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a difficult customer situation and how you handled it? Go into numerous questions and details about that situation."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Never sell yourself short.

Senior Underwriter III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Roanoke, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with 1 person first time and 3 managers 2nd interview. Gave a time to interview, however did not call till 1 hour 13 minutes after scheduled time. Managers were confused with what questions to ask and done a lot of laughing over their unpreparedness. Had to call back due to poor reception in 2 of their conference rooms.

Interview Questions

• There where many questions, some about my home life and husband, limited questions on my experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a specific amount of yearly pay on the application, I was informed I would receive this amount if I accepted the position. Once I informed managers and personal I would accept the position and the start date when the offer letter was received it was $10K lower than decided upon, once I called and asked I was told they wanted to pay me that and agreed to however it was not in the budget for the position. This was after I had given my notice to current employer and told SunTrust I would sign the offer letter for the agreed upon amount.