Sundaram Clayton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sundaram Clayton

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sundaram Clayton in May 2017.

Interview

Preplacement talk at our campus,
    First round aptitude and emotional intelligence test,45 minutes duration.
    Aptitude had visual interpretation questions i.e identifying the next shape, sequence and general aptitude.
     followed by HR interview for shortlisted candidates

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sundaram Clayton (Coimbatore (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

I took interview for the post of GET role by Sundaram Clayton one of the TVS groups at Kumaraguru College of Engineering 6 months ago. I belonged to Sri Krishna College of Engineering and my stream is Mechatronics Engineering and it was a pool drive. It was a 2 day process. First day had 1 round and it was a mcq based one and the questions were too simple which consisted of simple aptitude questions and few questions on simple mechanical questions. Out of 100+ students attended 12 were selected and I was one of them. Next day we had a second interview where we were divided into 3 groups and 2 HR were present who judged us based on our team work, Individual contribution to team and presentation skills. There was no elimination in this round. Finally we had a personal interview . 2 of us got selected and I was put on a waiting list. After 2 week I was told to attend medical fitness test and I was extremely happy that I was selected too. For 4 months after that we received no further information form company after that 2 of my batch mates got their offer letter and when I called and asked the HR there was no proper response from them. They shattered my hopes and all this time when I tried to know my status through my mail and phone there was no proper response form the company.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sundaram Clayton (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Aptitiude
    Technical Interview
    HR Interview
    Hiring and Interview process.
    Sittation Based Questions
    Few Basic HR Concept

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sundaram Clayton in September 2016.

Interview

Had an MCQ round to test our basic analytical,verbal and technical skills. The shortlisted candidates had there interviews scheduled in a nearby college. The process started off with a pre placement talk. We had three rounds of interviews- Two technical and one HR through skype . We recieved our offer letter on our way back to college through mail.Initially 23 students were shortlisted out of which 5 got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Draw an Fe-c diagram   Answer Question
    • How is a crankshaft manufactured   Answer Question
    • Imoortance of automation in industries   Answer Question
    • Generic questions like where you see yourself in five years, why mechanical engineering , and questions related to your academic projects..   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sundaram Clayton (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of one written round which had aptitude and technical questions. It was followed by a technical interview round and an HR round. The written round was moderately tough for the technical section and average for for aptitude section. Interview round had a panel of 2 members one from HR and one from Technical.

Interview Questions

• It was kind of a stress interview, they asked basic questions from mechanical engineering and inquired about my projects and academic works.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sriperumbudur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sundaram Clayton (Sriperumbudur (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through college. The results came after about 2 weeks. I interviewed after a month at Sriperumbudur.
    There are 2 rounds:
    1. Written Round comprises of Verbal, Aptitude, Logical and Technical questions mostly from SOM, MOM, Thermodynamics, HMT and Production Engineering.
    2. Then they call in directly for an interview and are very concerned about people who are interested in Foundry and castings.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sundaram ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sundaram Clayton (Chennai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

3 phase process.
    1st phase written MCQ test on your core.
    2nd phase MCQ on Aptitude,verbal
    3rd phase Interview at the Padi plant

Interview Questions

• Will you be doing Higher studies? If so when do you think is the ideal time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sundaram Clayton (Chennai (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

totally 3 rounds while u going through college placement.. first technical aptitude test which carries 100 questions (60 minutes). those who are shorlisted on first round are moved for second round which is a technical interview with a panel members,.. those r shortlisted on 2 nd round r moved for 3rd round which is HR interview..

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sundaram Clayton (Chennai (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

Operation Department, Production engineering Department, HR Department,Total Quality Management department , Finance department conduct the interview one by once.Every not down the your Attitude , body language ,Behavior of answer questions and go for the skill levels

Interview Questions

• Why go to the Automation process   1 Answer

Negotiation

Medical and other welfares.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sundaram Clayton in January 2008.

Interview

A 1:1 interview with HR director & Hiring manager.