Sunshine Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sunshine Communications

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunshine Communications (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It felt more like I was interviewing the interviewer rather than them me. They seemed to lack confidence for a supervisor. The interviewer seemed lazy and unprepared. He showed a lack of leadership qualities and didnt seem to enjoy his job very much.

Interview Questions

• asked about experience in cable   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunshine Communications (Oceanside, CA).

Interview

meet and greet with local manager, after finding them online and making a phone call we set up a meeting and was offered a position during that meeting. painless and fun, all of the management are friendly and welcoming. smooth as could be.

Interview Questions

• experience and character based   1 Answer

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apollo Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sunshine Communications (Apollo Beach, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process is typical for this industry. If you've worked for any of the cable systems ie.. Comcast, Time Warner, Charter, Cox, Direct T.V. or Dish Network you have a clear understanding of how signal travels. A good working knowledge of VOIP products is a plus. Make sure you understand how each of the different product communicate to the servers. (simply by an IP address) Beware of the management style employed here, it will appear to be a place where you can thrive as an employee, however, you will quickly learn that you may have been a victim of the bait and switch.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to get the job done no matter what?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation phase for this employer. You're simply paid on a price schedule and that's it. However, I would caution that if any one is planning on accepting an offer from this company or any other in this related field, make sure you understand your cost as it relates to performing the job function. You may end up in a situation where you're actually paying your employer to work for them. (spending out more than your making)

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sunshine Communications (San Diego, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I saw add online and emailed my resume over. John from sunshine called me back 3 days later to setup a one on one sit down. He gave me walk thought the job requirments and some of the things I would need. Such as Work boots, laddder rack and certain type of car insurance. He then walk me though the 8 week training class/ on the job training.

Interview Questions

• Ask if I was willinv to do drug test same day as interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a new tech piece rate. I told them I had to think about, then they came back with mid level tech rate. I took the mid level rate.

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sunshine Communications (El Cajon, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Answered the add in the news paper. Spoke to woman over the phone ans setup a one on one interview. When i meet with John it was in El Cajon. We spoke for what felt like two hours about my past job experiences. He gave me run down on the 10 week training program and what i will make.

Interview Questions

• Do you have truck you can use to work?   1 Answer