Sunstate Equipment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunstate Equipment (Portland, OR) in June 2019.

Interview

After a phone interview, 1 on 1 interview, 1 on 4 Interview, second phone interview, PI assessment, hand writing analysis I was offered a position. The process was more in depth than previous employers which I felt was important for hiring the right candidate.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunstate Equipment (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. She asked questions about my managing style and what I would do in certain situations. Do did not offer much information about the position. She said that others were being interviewed and that I would be notified. I ask how long it might take and she was vague.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager are you?   1 Answer

Sunstate Equipment Response

Mar 19, 2019 – Regional People Services Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our initial phone screens are typically quick touch points, we value your time! We are fortunate to receive many qualified applicants for our Branch Manager roles. Please... More

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunstate Equipment (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

Very comfortable interview process, more like a conversation. Was interviewed by three people. Comfortable atmosphere, very knowledgeable and friendly, even more for an interview. I was definitely out of practice in this area, so I was very pleasantly surprised. Department seemed very cohesive. Really liked the description of how the company works and how it was a team atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Who was your most influential manager.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunstate Equipment (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Initially interviewed for a temp to hire position. 30 minute phone interview. came in that same day for a 45 minute in person interview with manager and head of department. was offered the position that evening. they moved me into a permanent position within a month (and still here almost 5 years later).

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunstate Equipment (Concord, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Was promised a new truck, cell phone, I pad. Had to wait a month for my truck, then was told i had to leave truck at the shop with my tools in it for others to use.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to work "some" overtime, not 10 to 20 hours a week   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sunstate Equipment.

Interview

Not clear, will not discuss pay structure but has you come in for several interviews (like 4-6) and says they aren’t at the point to discuss pay scale so you never really know if this is a job that will even pay enough to get by. dangles jobs in your face for weeks and then just promotes from within and says thanks but no thanks. Nice people but really negative experience overall. Sad because I really wanted to work here.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, how do you fit into the sunstate culture? What are you career goals at sunstate?   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunstate Equipment (Denver, CO) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online, 2 interviews (phone and in person), met/introduced to everyone, pretty laid back process, includes a whole week of videos/tests for training purposes. Handwriting Analysis, Drug Test, Back Ground Check: Once you passed all those you were given a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Had questions that put me into positions that may come up, which I really liked and found engaging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of one, have to take what they are offering you at first.

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moore, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunstate Equipment (Moore, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

Good interview process, more formal, asking about knowledge of equipment and why I wanted to leave my current employer, what I wanted to become in the future, how things ran at the branch talked with shop foreman over knowledge and skills.

Interview Questions

• Asked to take a test for mechanical aptitude/knowledge   1 Answer

Roll Back Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunstate Equipment (West Sacramento, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty much old school process. 3 interviews. First one was to get to know you and your experience. Second is to let you know they are interested and you do some simple testing. Third is final paperwork and accepted pay.

Truck Lube Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunstate Equipment (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2019.

Interview

Apply online, they will call you if you qualify for the position. Then you do an in person interview with bosses (who are friendly). After they will call you later to tell you if you are a candidate for hire.

Interview Questions

Sunstate Equipment Response

Mar 19, 2019 – People Services

Happy to hear of your positive experience with our friendly managers! Our candidates have the first view of the employee focused culture here at Sunstate. It is important to us to ensure candidates... More