Surgical Information Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Surgical Information Systems (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter then offered a F2F interview with a panel of 5 people. This process took two weeks. I had to meet had to give a presentation. The presentation wasn't bad. It was only a panel of two people.

Interface Specialist/Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Surgical Information Systems (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

1) Contacted my corporate recruiter that they were interested in my skills and experience based on my resume submitted to them online.
    2) Scheduled for and took a two part IQ/Personality test.
    3) Next had three phone interviews with corporate recruiter, an SIS interface specialist and then a hiring manager.
    4) Was then flown to Atlanta for a 2.5 hr, 5 person serial interview at their corporate office in Alpharetta.

All interviews were deceivingly (now I see) positive. They don't really ask a lot of technical questions other than a bit of clarifying what's on your resume. During the face-to-face interviews, you get the feeling that they are really not sure what they want in the candidate. They seem to be more assessing your ability to fit in rather than appreciating your experience and skills.

Check the LinkedIn profiles of the people with whom you're scheduled to speak. They are either young "worker bees" or managers from military backgrounds (one Navy vet and the other a West Point grad). Although I respect and appreciate their military service, I get the distinct impression that they want "Yes Sir"/"No Sir" employees who will do what they're told, not rock the boat, and above all, not threaten their positions. That works with a military hierarchy but signals death throws in a company whose mission should be to innovate and excel in a constantly changing healthcare environment.

On a positive note, the corporate recruiter is very good about keeping you informed during the process. She's also extremely nice.

My advice is as follows:

If you're an intelligent new college grad who wants to learn and start a career, SIS may be excellent. But, if you are an experienced, creative, innovative individual who wants a truly collegial place to work ... Apply elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Remember this (you'll know when you need it)...   1 Answer

Information Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Surgical Information Systems (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume via job opening posting. Got email response from HR Manager to setup a phone screen interview.

Had the phone screen interview, which seems to go well. At the end of the interview the HR Manager said she had a meeting that week with the CFO to set the timeline for the next phase of interviews and would get back to me.

After two weeks of not hearing back, sent email to HR Manager asking about status and got no response. A month later and still no response, so I assume they are no longer interested.

I find it rude of the company to take up my time for even a phone interview and not even take the ten seconds it would take to send a form rejection email. It seems even the most basic of manners is lacking at this company.

Interview Questions

• Questions about IT background and experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Surgical Information Systems.

Interview

The process was easy I submitted my resume and within one month I was contacted by a recruiter. Their first process I was given a 30 aptitude test. Once I finished the next day they called me for a phone interview. Now I am awaiting for the final part of the process to get a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• During the interview it was pretty straight forward questions about what i did at my last job. Where did i see my career going. Then they went into detail about the position and ask if I was willing to travel.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Surgical Information Systems (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved 3 separate phone interview and one face to face which took about 2 1/2 hours. The recruiter was very helpful and kept me updated often.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Surgical Information Systems (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Great. Rolled out the red carpet.
    Extremely friendly. Very casual environment. Met with 5 interviewers, each were non threatening and welcoming. This interview process was the best I had ever been to and set the standard for the company's open door policy with management.

Interview Questions

• How can you benefit out company?
      What do you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Client Support Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Surgical Information Systems.

Interview

I applied then received an email that an assessment was necessary to complete. It took days till I received the assessment email. However it was super easy. Days later I received an email asking for immediate days for a phone interview. I replied and took days later to receive a response.
    I ended up replying to the email that I am no longer interested. I honestly felt they were hiring in bulk and I didn't like that I was already feeling expendable.

Client Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Surgical Information Systems.

Interview

Applied online and two weeks later received email about taking a 30 min assessment. Well I received the directions for taking the assessment, but the recruiter forgot to send the link that opens the test. The emailed said I had 5 days to take the assessment but it was never sent until I emailed them twice with no response within a week and then I literally had to find their phone number and call them on the 4th day. Very unprofessional! Finally she sent me the email and then I did the assessment the very next day and 2 days later they sent the rejection email. The whole time they were playing games and wasting my time.

Client Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Surgical Information Systems.

Interview

Friendly staff - 1st phone interview with HR - 2nd phone interview with Director

Interview Questions

• Expect to go through your resume in detail explaining how your experience pertains to the position   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Surgical Information Systems (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Rigorous process including extensive intelligence test, second verification of intelligence test, several in-person interviews, a written assessment of writing style, and the preparation and presentation of two presentations.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard; I was very candid about my prior history, goals, ambitions, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were fairly limited; I asked for a few concessions and was met in the middle on one, declined my request for additional compensation.