SurveyMonkey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (San Mateo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a principal PM. She was pleasant to talk to and asked me questions about how to measure a product's success and who its target demographic might be. Was invited into the office and met with an engineering manager, the hiring manager, head of content (stakeholder), and a couple of product managers. Most of them were curious about how I would prioritize projects or solve for common CMS challenges (it's a content systems PM position). It was lightening fast - I had a half hour with each. Hiring process was quick, I always heard back on next steps promptly.

Interview Questions

• If a company gives free wifi to customers at Starbucks, what's the revenue opportunity?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through their website in early 2014 and I was contacted 3-4 months later. It caught me by surprise. The interviews consisted of 1 phone screen - which wasn't technical. I was then asked to come in for an onsite interview. The onsite consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews with engineers.

I was given regular updates by the recruiter and I felt the people I met were quite straightforward and honest.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. If you keep a habit of coding on a regular basis, your mind will be tuned enough to solve problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 separate interview days, with 3 interviews during the on site interview day. The process took 2 months. Interview was about HTML, CSS, Javascript/JQuery, and Python. I took the job and everyone working at SurveyMonkey is awesome, amazing corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• HTML form/submit with CSS styling, python dictionary stuff, Javascript closure usage, JQuery element referencing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for Software Engineer Intern position and got reply in late March. They scheduled a first call by HR to discuss my previous project experience and technologies followed by Technical screening. After clearing technical screening, I had to visit SurveyMonkey HQ at Palo Alto for further 3 rounds.
    Three interviews were good, mostly they asked about Data Structures, System design and projects scenarios from my experience.

Interview Questions

• System design question was kind of difficult as I was not aware of the system they asked about. I asked lot of questions to clear the requirements and then designed it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was good, so I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

There were back-to-back interviews with several engineers and managers. The engineering team seemed to be easy to talk with and bright. They described the environment, future plans, and concerns. Management was less than supportive of the engineering team, and was somewhat rude regarding them and me. That was the deciding factor.

Interview Questions

Arrogant manager during interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

One phone screen and one on-site interview with about 6 people. The phone screen was straightforward, about 30 minutes. The on-site was long. A few interviewers had no idea I was a jr. engineer. Overall everyone was very professional, especially the recruiters. I received no feedback about my performance.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was looking for an entry-level position, which they didn't really have at the time, but since they received my resume through an employee referral, the recruiter scheduled me for a technical phone screen for a JavaScript position. I know JavaScript, but the position was definitely for someone with a couple more years of experience, so it wasn't meant to be.

Both the recruiter and the engineer that I talked to on the phone were incredibly nice, though, so despite not getting an offer at the time, I'd still say it was a pleasant experience overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was contacted me and asked me my availability for initial phone screen.
    The recruiter got back to me a week later for her availability and then set up the interview.
    Once a candidate pass the initial screen, there will be one hour engineering phone pairing and then onsite for 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Q: what is the favorite web application and the reason
      Q: How to center things   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Berkeley, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First there was a 15 minute phone screen. This is non-technical and just background check on things asked in resume. They asked what other companies I was interviewing with. Then there is a 1 hour phone interview (technical). They ask coding questions and watch you code. I recommend choosing a language you are comfortable with. I was not really comfortable with the language that I chose. . . The interviewers are all really nice! I do recommend applying!

Interview Questions

• How to detect whether or not given string is a palindrome.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with some of the members of the Seattle team at a career fair and then was put in contact with a recruiter in Palo Alto. I was given a short coding challenge which was fairly easy and just covered basic knowledge and I think one actual coding problem. From there I was given a 30min phone screen which was also a fairly easy question. Finally I went onsite to the office in Seattle and had three 45min interviews with different people from that office. From there I received an offer and the recruiting coordinator was very accommodating in making the timing and schedule work so I was able to get the most out of my summer!

Interview Questions

• Write the code to perform an in-order traversal of a binary tree.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey in February 2016.

Interview

10 minute phone interview. They basically asked about things on the resume, what I'm learning at school and interests. They asked me to describe how I work in a group setting. They also described their intern position in general.