SurveyMonkey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SurveyMonkey Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.9

Marketing Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey.

Interview

I applied on the website and a week later they called me for a recruiter screen. After that I was passed on to the hiring manager - we had a very positive conversation and she asked me to come in for an on-site interview. The on-site interview was extremely disorganized and ill-thought out - I was talking with people who would be my direct reports but had no idea who they were, so I couldn't talk about relevant topics, and some interviewers had no preparation at all, so they were asking me to read them my resume. After the interview, I did receive a call to let me know feedback, but as I was at a conference, we played a couple of rounds of phone tag. I never heard from SurveyMonkey again.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey.

Interview

I attended the Grace Hopper Conference and got the interview a couple of weeks later. The process included one phone interview, and 3 technical interviews. With the first one being mainly behavioral and the other technical.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (San Mateo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a pretty straightforward interview process, very smooth. I had three interviews. The first was your traditional phone screening; roughly 15 minutes. The second was a chat with the Quality Assurance Manager. He basically asked me about my resume, what I was doing in school, etc. The next interview was over Skype. Two and a half hours long with three other QA Engineers, the manager again, and with the director of the department. Make sure to prepare well, they want people who are passionate and self-motivated. Very happy I applied!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with recruiter. After the phone screen, the recruiter arranged for an onsite interview very quickly. The onsite was with four interviewers. Their questions we divided up into algorithmic and coding questions, as well as system design questions.

Interview Questions

• Implement a LRU Cache.
      Implement a class for a deck of cards. Write a shuffling method. How do you test it?
      1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Very confusing interview. I was introduced to an interviewer and then the recruiter interrupted and said she was the wrong person. The recruiter then took over and seemed unfamiliar with the position or my resume & background.

Applied Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey in July 2016.

Interview

About two weeks after my initial application, I was contacted by a recruiter for a screen interview. I emailed her some initial times, but after a few days with no response I emailed her again with updated times. Second time was the charm, and we got an interview in the books. After waiting for 30 minutes for her phone call, I emailed her to set up a new time - turns out she had put the wrong time in her calendar, so we ended up having the interview an hour later. The interview was very conversational - she spent a lot of time telling me about SurveyMonkey, the new office opening soon, and the new-ish but growing Research Methodology team (this was a new position within SurveyMonkey). The only real question she asked was "tell me about yourself" which led into a conversation about why I like statistical modeling. At the end of the interview, she laid out a process where I would have a technical phone interview with a team member, then be given a technical assessment that I would have 3 days to finish, at which time I would come on site to present my assessment to the team. The technical phone interview was to be as soon as the next day, though they didn't actually schedule the interview until the following afternoon. When a new recruiter emailed me to schedule, she also asked me to complete an additional 1-2 technical assessment before my technical interview - not a big deal, but a surprise since the initial recruiter did not mention this step. The technical assessment was not hard, it was two basic research questions and asked you to explain your research design. The next day, the interviewer called almost 25 minutes late for the interview. He asked exclusively about the technical assessment, asking about my decision-making process and proposing "what-if" questions should the scenario be changed slightly. A few days after my technical interview, the recruiter emailed me to say I was not a good fit for the team. A follow-up email for feedback was never given a response.

SummerSurvey Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Got an email requesting a phone screen 3 days after I applied. Recruiter who called me was very nice, though she called me an hour before we were scheduled to speak. It was mostly informative, seemed like she was trying to gauge my personality/fit to the organization. Lasted 20-30 mins. Got a phone interview scheduled immediately, had that the next day. Phone interview was about 30 mins. and the guy asked questions to gauge my knowledge of survey research and my specific interests. He also asked me to email him a writing sample, which I did immediately after the interview. Got an email 2 days after that to schedule a Skype interview, had that 8 days later. Pretty much the same questions throughout; very average interview questions. Had a third phone interview with the main supervisor immediately following the Skype interview, and I got the impression from her that they were leaning toward someone else. Got an email saying I did not get the position about ten days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to intern at Survey Monkey? What do you hope to learn from your internship? What are the pros & cons of web surveys vs. phone surveys? What would your ideal project be if you could work on anything?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a 20 minute call with the recruiter to talk about my interest and learn more about the company. Then went onto a technical phone call with an engineer(got asked one technical question). This was about an hour long. I then went onsite where I interviewed with 4 different engineers. I thought I did really well but I did not get an offer. The recruiting process was smooth and everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Pretty simple questions. Can't say what they were but if you read cracking the coding interview they appear on there.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Berkeley, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First there was a 15 minute phone screen. This is non-technical and just background check on things asked in resume. They asked what other companies I was interviewing with. Then there is a 1 hour phone interview (technical). They ask coding questions and watch you code. I recommend choosing a language you are comfortable with. I was not really comfortable with the language that I chose. . . The interviewers are all really nice! I do recommend applying!

Interview Questions

• How to detect whether or not given string is a palindrome.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey in February 2016.

Interview

10 minute phone interview. They basically asked about things on the resume, what I'm learning at school and interests. They asked me to describe how I work in a group setting. They also described their intern position in general.