Sutro Biopharma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sutro Biopharma

1. Featured Interview

Protein Biochemistry Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutro Biopharma (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed interviews over the phone. First interview was with the head of HR, Linda Fitzpatrick, who was incredibly kind and a pleasure to speak with. Essentially this interview was just to establish my qualifications and availability for this position. Next I had an interview with my future manager, Sammie, which went into a bit more detail about my prior research experience, future goals, etc. Both interviews were incredibly relaxed and I never once felt extreme pressure or judgement. The entire interview process was handled over the phone as I was located in New York City at the time of hiring.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my prior research experience including what projects I have been working on, what kinds lab techniques I have experience with, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Sutro Biopharma in March 2014.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and then was extended the offer. Very casual process, their internship program is new. The phone interview was probably ~15 minutes, and just asked very basic questions.
    Great people at this company! If you have the chance to work there, I highly recommend.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, more so was interested in what I was looking for in an internship   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutro Biopharma.

Interview

The interviewer was very kind and had the process move on very smoothly. On the day of my phone screen itself the interviewer asked to schedule for a skype interview with the managers.

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sutro Biopharma (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially they had a long telephonic interview. They will ask your expertise and project plans. I must say it is an open ended discussion with a lot of possibilities. If your interest match theirs and vice versa, they will invite for an onsite interview.
    During the onsite interview you will meet with different members of the company. Personally, I had a great time discussing with them my research interests and career goals. And it was really enriching to know about Sutro's goals and ideas.
    You are also asked to give a job talk.
    Even though I eventually did not get the offer, I still liked the whole interview process and strongly recommend to young researches to consider Sutro Biopharma.