Suzy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Suzy

2.8

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Found the job listing via LinkedIn and received an email almost immediately later that night for a phone interview. It went well, and even though I apparently wasn't as qualified as their typical applicant, I was contacted because my cover letter was strong (**note this!). Scheduled an in-office interview for later that week, during which I met with five people in my department, including the internal recruiter with whom I originally spoke. Each interview was about 30 to 45 minutes, but they weren't difficult. Mostly conversational so that both of us could learn about each other. Make sure to come prepared with questions! This is vital, if only to keep the conversation going, and demonstrates that you've done some good preparation.

It was a long marathon with a five minute lunch break (...), but I found the entire office to be very nice, pleasant, and comfortable. It's open, and they interacted pretty freely with me as I waited between my interviews. The work hard-play hard environment was definitely evident and they really tried to emphasize the "company attitude," where individuals really have to just take responsibility for their own actions. In general, the entire process just made me more excited to be part of this company.

Interview Questions

• There were no curveballs, especially for the position for which I was interviewing. At the end, I was asked if I liked dogs (they have two dogs on an almost daily basis)!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Benefits are immediate on the first day and I received the upper end of the salary range for this position, so I did not negotiate this. However, I had to negotiate starting date- they wanted me to start one week after I graduated, but because I had some personal matters to attend to during that week and into the next, I had to push for an extra week. This process was a little rocky- I was made to feel guilty about starting a week later than they liked, saying that it was fine, but it just meant that my colleagues would be doing more work while I wasn't there. All true, but it might be even worse to have someone start working when she's already burnt out.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Heard back about a week after applied and spoke with a very lovely girl from the recruiting team. It went very well - in fact, I had applied for a Senior level position but they found a Director level one to be a better fit for my experience - and I agreed once I heard more. I felt confident in our conversation and she also said it seemed like it would be a great fit. She was forthright that it was early in their process and they were still interviewing candidates, but that I'd hear back the following week about bringing me in for in-person interviews. I was excited to learn more.

And then, radio silence. Never heard from her again nor did she give me the respect of replying to any of my three follow up emails. I took the hint after the third. That's a pretty crappy way for any HR team or recruiter to conduct business and it doesn't reflect well on the company at all, so it's probably for the best. Every candidate deserves a simple yes or no followup.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that tricky - just about management experience and my general work experience. It was more conversational; she spoke to me in detail about the position and company - which I appreciated.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call asking me about my experience and work related to Amazon web services. Then I was told that they will reply within few weeks for further technical rounds. They did not give me any response in spite of my attempt to contact them.

Interview Questions

• Work on amazon web services   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward. No trick questions. Just wanted to get to know candidates and their interest in the company. After going through a series of phone and Skype interviews, they require candidates to come in and present to a team of 15-20 people. Whole process took months, so keep that in mind. Things went great until the end of the interview process and I just stopped hearing from the HR person completely. For being ranked as one of the "best" companies to work for in NYC, I did not see this... especially at the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume, and heard back the next day, with a phone interview that afternoon. I came in for an interview a few days later, met with two teams regarding two different positions (I only applied for one), and then was brought back two days after that. Disorganized office and team, but otherwise fine. Positive remarks throughout the process from HR. I was surprised when members from both possible teams stated they were trying to find which position would be the right fit, rather than whether I would be brought on.
    Only feedback I received was, based off my previous benefits package, that they might need to get creative with an offering. I was told I'd hear back very quickly, likely within the coming days, but never heard back. Tried emailing twice and never heard back.
    Would have been a positive experience otherwise, but it is hard to believe a company like this labeled as "fast-growing" can be sustainable when they cannot get back to potential employees. Not sure where the fault lies, but not very encouraging!

Interview Questions

• What's one thing I wouldn't have known about you if you didn't tell me?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Suzy.

Interview

The interview process at crowdtap was quite irregular. I applied on their site and was contacted not by HR but by a marketing associate for an onsite interview. I spoke with the CMO for 45 minutes or so, who didn't really seem to be paying attention. Finished up by speaking with the CEO. Two weeks later and they've made no attempt to contact me one way or the other. Seems like a startup that really doesn't have their stuff together...

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary here. Pretty typical background questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suzy in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on a Friday, and received an email on Monday, requesting dates for a phone interview, to which I replied immediately. Then, radio silence. I sent 3 emails requesting confirmation for an interview date, and finally received a response 2.5 weeks later. When the phone interview finally happened, I felt like the recruiter had zero interest, and was just going through the motions. Seeing as I spent a lot of time prepping for the call, it turned out to be a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, as related to the job description.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY).

Interview

Took over 2 weeks in order to complete; extremely lengthy process for no apparent reason except for laziness and lack of organization. This speaks volumes on the company's lack of order on a whole.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Marketing?   1 Answer

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Very speedy. Phone call early in the week, in-person interview the next week, and presentation the next week. Besides the presentation, the interviewers are pretty informal. The interviews are viewed more as conversations than a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• If offered a 3rd round interview, you must prepare a 15 minute presentation.   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was very informal and lacked direction; however, the people were friendly. There was no greeting upon arrival, everyone was confused about the process for the interview. The recruiter met with me once then I was interviewed by four others, (1 woman, 3men - all white). As I was in the office it looked like a fun and creative environment, yet they seemed to lack diversity. I didn't see a single person of color (African American, Latino, Asian ect.)

The questions were all geared toward your personality and none about your previous experience, skills, or anything professional really. There were even times during the interview were we discussed politics but not much on the company or platform. Also, they don't call you back about the status of your application -- pretty rude.