Swoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swoon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2018

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swoon.

Interview

I applied for the Recruiter position online. Then a couple weeks later Ashley emailed me to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, she said she would follow up with me the following week, but she didn't. I sent a follow-up email to see when I can expect to hear back from her. Unfortunately, she did not respond, so I sent a few more emails asking if I'm still being considered for the position. Again no response. A simple response would have been nice, instead of ignoring me. I am sad this happened because it seemed like such a great company based on our phone interview conversation.

Interview Questions

Swoon Response

Mar 26, 2018 – Marketing Communications Specialist

Hello, I am very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience interviewing with Swoon. This is not at all what we strive for and I apologize. Please reach out to info@swoonstaffing.com and I... More

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swoon.

Interview

Very unprofessional, after I did the FaceTime interview I was told I would receive documents immediately after. I waited a day, and then emailed the young lady I spoke with and got no response. Her voicemail was full, she said I could text her so I did she never responded. Finally 3 days later I got the documents, she asked me when could I come in for an interview. This was on a Thursday, I told her I could come in on a Monday. I never heard anything back. I called, texted, emailed, nearly 2 weeks later still nothing. As a recruiter I know communication is key. This is not exactly how you gain the interest of a potential employee.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?
      What attracted you to this position?
      What do you do in your current role?   Answer Question

Mar 26, 2018 – Marketing Communications Specialist

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

The process was very transparent. Constant communication with the talent acquisition team to discuss next steps and if anything else was needed to move the process forward. TA is really helpful for getting one ready for the whole entire process!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The recruiting coordinator contacted me through LinkedIn and asked to schedule a call. We had a phone screen, phone interview, and Skype interview. She was going to set up a call with the manager and me. She asked for my availability and never got back to me. I emailed her a few times and even asked if I was still being considered. No response. She was clearly using me to meet quota. Please don't waste my time.

Interview Questions

Swoon Response

Feb 21, 2018 – Marketing Communications Specialist

We are so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. That is not what we strive for here at Swoon. If you could please send more information to info@swoonstaffing.com, we would love a chance to... More

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swoon.

Interview

Their internal recruiter found me on Linkedin. I had a 30 minute phone screen with her. Then I had an interview in the office and met with 3 different people. Then the third interview was in the office and there was probably 4 other people and I was instructed to give a Power Point presentation. Although I was very nervous, their recruiter prepped me for the Power Point and the guidelines were extremely clear!

They asked very typical interview questions and were very interested on understanding my experience and hiring a good culture fit for their company!

Everyone was extremely nice, knowledgeable and positive.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst day you ever had at work and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Swoon (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Alex Paul the great recruiter from Swoon contacted me and explained for this position. I understand the requirement and applied. Alex Paul the great recruiter from Swoon contacted me and explained for this position. I understand the requirement and applied.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Swoon in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Got an email that day to schedule a phone interview, scheduled for the next day. Phone interview lasted about an hour, it went incredibly well. I was offered a Skype interview but told I needed to take a Written Assessment and was sent a Google Doc link. The link was actually for the admin user to create the Writing Assessment, not the assessment itself. I emailed a Word Doc with my responses and let them know about the issue, they did not respond. I emailed them to confirm our Skype interview time, they did not respond. I called multiple times and left two messages to the recruiter I was speaking to and neither were returned.

I have been turned down for jobs, but I have never been completely ignored before. I am sure the company is great, but that is by far the most unprofessional thing I have ever come across.

Interview Questions

• What is your current role and what are your day to day tasks?

What made you apply to Swoon?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

3-step process. Brief phone interview, Skype interview, and third interview if selected at HQ. Interview process with recruiter was very good - they dig deep into you as a person and I feel they give you a fair chance to express yourself individually. The recruiter was very friendly, out-going, and really took the time to consider a bigger picture. The only con is that I would have liked to know up front if there were already strong candidates who completed final interviews days before I had interviewed. I would also have preferred more actual feedback even if it was negative in context or things that I could work on for improvement to be considered in the future. Part of going through an interview process is self-discovery and self-improvement.

Interview Questions

• What was a very challenging moment in your career / job where you faced a lot of adversity and had to overcome that situation.   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We are constantly working on our interview process, to make sure it's a positive Swoon experience.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swoon in January 2017.

Interview

I applied via a LinkedIn posting and obtained a response from the co internal recruiter within 48 hours. We set up an initial phone screening which was followed up by an in person meeting and finally a group PowerPoint presentation a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Work ethic
      A few recent work challenges and how I overcome them
      Traits
      Values
      Overall background   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

They were thorough, warm, and expressed their needs and objections well. I spoke I my experience, the role and my desire to be part of the team and the company

Interview Questions

• Why did I make the switch over to staffing.   1 Answer