Swoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swoon Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2017

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swoon.

Interview

Their internal recruiter found me on Linkedin. I had a 30 minute phone screen with her. Then I had an interview in the office and met with 3 different people. Then the third interview was in the office and there was probably 4 other people and I was instructed to give a Power Point presentation. Although I was very nervous, their recruiter prepped me for the Power Point and the guidelines were extremely clear!

They asked very typical interview questions and were very interested on understanding my experience and hiring a good culture fit for their company!

Everyone was extremely nice, knowledgeable and positive.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst day you ever had at work and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Swoon (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Alex Paul the great recruiter from Swoon contacted me and explained for this position. I understand the requirement and applied. Alex Paul the great recruiter from Swoon contacted me and explained for this position. I understand the requirement and applied.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Swoon in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Got an email that day to schedule a phone interview, scheduled for the next day. Phone interview lasted about an hour, it went incredibly well. I was offered a Skype interview but told I needed to take a Written Assessment and was sent a Google Doc link. The link was actually for the admin user to create the Writing Assessment, not the assessment itself. I emailed a Word Doc with my responses and let them know about the issue, they did not respond. I emailed them to confirm our Skype interview time, they did not respond. I called multiple times and left two messages to the recruiter I was speaking to and neither were returned.

I have been turned down for jobs, but I have never been completely ignored before. I am sure the company is great, but that is by far the most unprofessional thing I have ever come across.

Interview Questions

• What is your current role and what are your day to day tasks?

What made you apply to Swoon?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

3-step process. Brief phone interview, Skype interview, and third interview if selected at HQ. Interview process with recruiter was very good - they dig deep into you as a person and I feel they give you a fair chance to express yourself individually. The recruiter was very friendly, out-going, and really took the time to consider a bigger picture. The only con is that I would have liked to know up front if there were already strong candidates who completed final interviews days before I had interviewed. I would also have preferred more actual feedback even if it was negative in context or things that I could work on for improvement to be considered in the future. Part of going through an interview process is self-discovery and self-improvement.

Interview Questions

• What was a very challenging moment in your career / job where you faced a lot of adversity and had to overcome that situation.   Answer Question

Swoon Response

Mar 20, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We are constantly working on our interview process, to make sure it's a positive Swoon experience.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

They were thorough, warm, and expressed their needs and objections well. I spoke I my experience, the role and my desire to be part of the team and the company

Interview Questions

• Why did I make the switch over to staffing.   1 Answer

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came into office and met with internal hiring manager. Was asked regular interview questions and got along really well with her. She could tell I was hesitant about the role so she was very upfront with me about all the responsibilities and work that would be expected of me.
    I ended up no longer wanting to pursue that position afterwards. She was very understanding and told me to check back in when I wanted a new job.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when you had to overcome something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was very casual and informative. I felt that the interviewer was very interested in everything that I had to say, and was very helpful when I had questions about the company.

Interview Questions

Interview

The process went just fine. After a brief phone interview with Alex, he submitted my resume for the position. He gave me ample notice of the phone interview with the employer, so I had plenty of time to prepare. The phone interview went as expected.

Interview Questions

• In the interview I was asked the standard questions about my experience and qualifications for the position for which I was applying. Alex at Swoon had previously emailed me information about the position, so I was prepared to answer questions from the employer.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swoon.

Interview

Built a relationship with the recruiter - Sam Balaton

Initially interviewed in June, they accommodated me by doing it over Skype. Was not offered a position, but Sam wanted to keep in touch. She had me visit the office while I was in town and had me speak to a team leader. Sam contacted me as soon as a new job opening had opened and scheduled me for another interview.
    Sam is the only recruiter I have been able to be completely open and honest with because she treated me the same way. I always thought highly of Swoon while I was interviewing at other places and am very grateful that she kept in touch with me to get me hired here.

Interview Questions

• Can't quite remember specifics, I know we talked through my work experience.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swoon.

Interview

very open, not your typical corporate interview. Met with multiple people on different teams who were able to give multiple views of the company and how this role would play out in working with that person.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just my previous work experience and how that would apply to this role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.