Swoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swoon Interview Questions

Interviews at Swoon

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Met the recruiters at a career fair and was offered a next-day interview. Had a 30-minute Skype interview scheduled for the second round. The third round would have been another Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement? How do you define success?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL) in April 2020.

Interview

A recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn, provided the job description and pay, very upfront about if I was interested. We had a phone call to review my skills and reviewed my resume. We then scheduled another call to review my resume again and for me to sell myself to the recruiter. After that call, she explained that I would prepare for the next interview, a panel with c-suite executives, and a presentation reviewing my skills to sell myself to this group. I prepped for a week, sending her a few drafts of my presentation, making sure I used 5 key points of why I am a strong candidate, and that my examples were relevant to the position they were hiring for. During that interview, I was asked to prove myself and why I should be considered, having only management experience (up to 40 people) and not over the phone sales experience. One person of the panel mentioned that he loves recessions, as a huge opportunity for recruiting, and helps his business thrive. Another executive felt I was simply unqualified, without having any over the phone sales, and didn't have the grit it takes to build a pipeline of contacts and drive revenue.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swoon.

Interview

The process started with a phone screening then a Skype interview. The recruiter Shanda was extremely kind during the process. Afterwards, I was brought in to interview with two other managers, Lisa & Maggie who both were nice as well. The final step was a 5-10 min panel presentation which went really well at first. However, the hiring manager seemed very rude and offputting. I was told I would hear back in 24 hours and it's been several days. I even sent a follow up email, but never received a response. It's really disappointing but I guess I was just another candidate used to meet recruiting metrics.

Interview Questions

• How would you stay ahead of industry trends in recruiting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swoon (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was asked for an interview by applying through LinkedIn. I scheduled a FaceTime interview through their calendar. The recruiter missed the Facetime interview. I followed up and received no response. I reached out to another recruiter in the company then got an email back from my original recruiter. I scheduled another Facetime interview and the recruiter never showed. I followed up again and received no response. It was extremely unprofessional and overall a negative experience. Since it was a Facetime interview, I had to accommodate for this time frame off my current place of work.

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swoon.

Interview

The address provide for client was incorrect. Another person later advised "It's tricky to find". Probably should have shared the details with candidate. Swoon turned it around to be applicants fault.

Interview Questions

• Will you consider a contract position?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swoon.

Interview

I received an email to schedule a facetime interview a week after applying.
    I set a date and sent the recruiter the information she asked for minutes after receiving the initial email.
    The day of the interview arrived and no phone or email explaining why there was no call. I followed up to see if it was canceled or rescheduled and again no response. It's sad that I was not surprised by this, because I had read through some of the reviews on here and it seems like this is very common for Swoon and the recruiter that had contacted me is mentioned on here multiple times.

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process for this role was 3 rounds. It started with a 30-minute phone call with an internal recruiter, which resulted in a 45-minute face-to-face interview the next day. This interview was with 2 individuals from the relationship management team. The day after the second interview, I received an email from the internal recruiter that the team would like to advance me to a final round interview for the following week. I had to conduct a 15-minute presentation, complete with a PowerPoint, to a panel of 5 individuals from the relationship management department. The requirements of the presentation were given to me via email by the internal recruiter. I was told I did not receive the position by the next afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you were under a lot of pressure and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress when you encounter it throughout the day?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you acted with integrity.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a competitive time in your life and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized?   Answer Question

BDM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swoon (Seattle, WA) in August 2018.

Interview

Front end as applicant - no confirmation of submission. Applicants are accustomed to receiving via an automated response (at a minimum) an acknowledgment of applying for a job that is posted. I did not receive any acknowledgement.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Friendly interview call followed by an online test, easy communication and very helpful responding to questions. Online test using a online test website, then waiting results and a follow up

Interview Questions

• What do you love about react? Asked about current projects   Answer Question

Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

They give you a call to make sure your are not crazy. Afterwords they will set up a interview with the company that's needs help. If they like you then they will hire you and if they don't they will never call to tell you. Just assume you didn't get the job

Interview Questions

• The temp agency will just kinda review your resume and tell you what you should say   Answer Question