Swoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Swoon Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The recruiting coordinator contacted me through LinkedIn and asked to schedule a call. We had a phone screen, phone interview, and Skype interview. She was going to set up a call with the manager and me. She asked for my availability and never got back to me. I emailed her a few times and even asked if I was still being considered. No response. She was clearly using me to meet quota. Please don't waste my time.

Interview Questions

Swoon Response

Feb 21, 2018 – Marketing Communications Specialist

We are so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. That is not what we strive for here at Swoon. If you could please send more information to info@swoonstaffing.com, we would love a chance to... More

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swoon.

Interview

Their internal recruiter found me on Linkedin. I had a 30 minute phone screen with her. Then I had an interview in the office and met with 3 different people. Then the third interview was in the office and there was probably 4 other people and I was instructed to give a Power Point presentation. Although I was very nervous, their recruiter prepped me for the Power Point and the guidelines were extremely clear!

They asked very typical interview questions and were very interested on understanding my experience and hiring a good culture fit for their company!

Everyone was extremely nice, knowledgeable and positive.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst day you ever had at work and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Swoon (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Alex Paul the great recruiter from Swoon contacted me and explained for this position. I understand the requirement and applied. Alex Paul the great recruiter from Swoon contacted me and explained for this position. I understand the requirement and applied.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Swoon in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Got an email that day to schedule a phone interview, scheduled for the next day. Phone interview lasted about an hour, it went incredibly well. I was offered a Skype interview but told I needed to take a Written Assessment and was sent a Google Doc link. The link was actually for the admin user to create the Writing Assessment, not the assessment itself. I emailed a Word Doc with my responses and let them know about the issue, they did not respond. I emailed them to confirm our Skype interview time, they did not respond. I called multiple times and left two messages to the recruiter I was speaking to and neither were returned.

I have been turned down for jobs, but I have never been completely ignored before. I am sure the company is great, but that is by far the most unprofessional thing I have ever come across.

Interview Questions

• What is your current role and what are your day to day tasks?

What made you apply to Swoon?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

3-step process. Brief phone interview, Skype interview, and third interview if selected at HQ. Interview process with recruiter was very good - they dig deep into you as a person and I feel they give you a fair chance to express yourself individually. The recruiter was very friendly, out-going, and really took the time to consider a bigger picture. The only con is that I would have liked to know up front if there were already strong candidates who completed final interviews days before I had interviewed. I would also have preferred more actual feedback even if it was negative in context or things that I could work on for improvement to be considered in the future. Part of going through an interview process is self-discovery and self-improvement.

Interview Questions

• What was a very challenging moment in your career / job where you faced a lot of adversity and had to overcome that situation.   Answer Question

Swoon Response

Mar 20, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We are constantly working on our interview process, to make sure it's a positive Swoon experience.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swoon in January 2017.

Interview

I applied via a LinkedIn posting and obtained a response from the co internal recruiter within 48 hours. We set up an initial phone screening which was followed up by an in person meeting and finally a group PowerPoint presentation a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Work ethic
      A few recent work challenges and how I overcome them
      Traits
      Values
      Overall background   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

They were thorough, warm, and expressed their needs and objections well. I spoke I my experience, the role and my desire to be part of the team and the company

Interview Questions

• Why did I make the switch over to staffing.   1 Answer

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came into office and met with internal hiring manager. Was asked regular interview questions and got along really well with her. She could tell I was hesitant about the role so she was very upfront with me about all the responsibilities and work that would be expected of me.
    I ended up no longer wanting to pursue that position afterwards. She was very understanding and told me to check back in when I wanted a new job.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when you had to overcome something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swoon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was very casual and informative. I felt that the interviewer was very interested in everything that I had to say, and was very helpful when I had questions about the company.

Interview Questions

Interview

The process went just fine. After a brief phone interview with Alex, he submitted my resume for the position. He gave me ample notice of the phone interview with the employer, so I had plenty of time to prepare. The phone interview went as expected.

Interview Questions

• In the interview I was asked the standard questions about my experience and qualifications for the position for which I was applying. Alex at Swoon had previously emailed me information about the position, so I was prepared to answer questions from the employer.   Answer Question