Swoon Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2020

4.6
Swoon Chief Executive Officer Michelle Baker (no image)
Michelle Baker
Pros
  • "I would highly recommend Swoon to future candidates(in 9 reviews)

• "This is the best company that I have ever worked for(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "None except work/life balance (depending on how you look at it) but perks/rewards balance out(in 13 reviews)

• "There are no cons- they were better than expected(in 11 reviews)

1. "General"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

great company to make an impact

Cons

salary job but you work more than 40 hours a week

June 24, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience, and value any additional ideas on how we can continue to do better!

"Really supportive and great work ethics"

Current Employee - Principal User Experience Designer in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

We started working under very specific circumstances that were somehow complicated, but they kept supporting me by having constant communication.

Cons

I can't really name one right now

May 4, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback! We will continue to support you and have constant communication!

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time

Pros

Flexible - Passionate - Hard-working - Transparent - Challenging

May 4, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback!

"Equally Caring and Ambitious"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and managers. Welcoming, inclusive and feedback-oriented culture. You can make a good amount of money. Lots of "give back" initiatives to local communities they operate in. Remote work opportunities. Ambitious and transparent goals. We provide a truly valuable service to our clients.

Cons

Not really a con, but management is in the process of implementing a new performance measurement system. It'll be really useful in the long run, but there are some kinks to iron out in the meantime. Also wish we had access to 401k contributions sooner.

February 28, 2020HR Specialist

Appreciate your feedback!

"Hard work pays off"

Current Employee - Team Lead - Business Development in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve worked at Swoon for 5+ years, and overall have been very happy with my time there. I feel lucky to have trust from my superiors, which took time and effort to earn – these are not automatically given in the workplace. We have a great leadership team that cares so much for their employees and their success and well-being. The leadership team is challenged daily with keeping Swoon moving forward and that sometimes means having to make difficult decisions regarding organizational structure, client support, employee performance goals, etc. I’ve been lucky to have some great mentors, leaders, and colleagues over those 5 years who have shared their knowledge. I’ve done my best to take what I’ve learned from their shared experience and from working through my own challenges with their guidance to get to the position I’m in today. I have the mindset that if you work harder, apply what you learn daily to your next task, collaborate with others, take initiative to self-educate, and work hard (yes, I said it twice), then you will find success at Swoon. Swoon, and the staffing industry, in general, are not a place you can step into and expect to coast by and have success – you need to work at it. Same can be said of learning and playing a sport. You can’t just step into the batter’s box and expect to be able to hit a home run. The employees at Swoon who put in the extra effort, go the extra mile, and have success are recognized, and we celebrate their successes with recognition, commission payouts, and the potential to move up in their careers.

Cons

This industry is a roller coaster. Enjoy the ride.

January 27, 2020HR Specialist

Could not have said it better ourselves! Thank you so much for your feedback, and being a valued member of our team!

"Honesty for the win!"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Swoon full-time

Pros

I always know where I stand and feel heard as a member of the Swoon team. Transparent presentations about how the company is doing and where we are headed. I feel energized by the opportunity I see in future for the company and definitely see my role growing and elevating. Flexibility, development and training solutions, and tools are all available for me to do my job and feel some balance in my life.

Cons

Lots of change, takes some time to adjust. It is a good thing; however, to try new things, test new ideas, and see if they work.

January 27, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you so much! We continue to lean on employees to help us understand what we do well, and where there are areas of improvement! Thankful to have you on the team!

"Collaborative culture, ambitious employees, highly rewarding"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly a company that cares about your ideas and strengths. Upper management is open to having conversations and helping employees. You have a real voice here, and your ideas and input are taken seriously. Fast paced environment with the ability to continuously grow and develop. Highly motivated and intelligent coworkers.

Cons

Challenging, but incredibly rewarding. Be prepared to work and in turn they will give you all the tools, support and resources you need to succeed.

January 17, 2020HR Specialist

Transparency is one of the many traits Swoon values! We all thrive on continuous open feedback, and love when our employees tell us what we are doing right, or if there are areas of improvement. Thank you for your feedback!

"Awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for Swoon for 1 year. This is the best company that I have ever worked for! Such great leadership, excellent training program, and great career advancement opportunities! Swoon is an awesome company to work for!

Cons

Swoon is a great company to work for!

January 17, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you! We look forward to watching your career grow at Swoon!

"Great Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Swoon full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Swoon for a year and a half and really enjoy working here. Being in the staffing industry for 20 years, I've worked for a total of 5 companies (Swoon being my 5th) and they are a true differentiator in the industry. The culture and leadership are great! At 10 years young, Swoon is the fastest growing staffing company year over year so there is plenty of opportunity to grow as well. The companies vision is exciting to be a part of.

Cons

I wish we could be more data driven.

January 13, 2020HR Specialist

Thanks for the feedback! We are excited to have you as part of our team as we move into the next decade! Would love to hear your insight on how we can incorporate more data into our strategy moving forward! Feel free to connect with HR at anytime :)

"The Best in Staffing"

Current Employee - Internal Team Member

I have been working at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Swoon is truly an amazing place to work. They are the change that we want to see in staffing by caring for their contractors, clients and team members. Corporate culture is that of strong values and commitment. The benefits to working at Swoon are: -Promote from within -Growing extremely fast so there is opportunity for growth -401K match - Insurance premiums paid for by the company -4 weeks' paid vacation -Recognition incentives that are so fun and bring the teams together -Volunteerism in the community -President's club (usually somewhere exotic and warm!) They have also implemented a modernized flexible work schedule My favorite part about working at Swoon is that everyone is so hard-working and dedicated. From the CEO and president to the senior leadership team to individual team members--everyone is helpful, kind and passionate about what they do. They are the heart of the company and it is inspiring to be working alongside a team that has integrity and determination.

Cons

There are no cons. No complaint here!

December 30, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback! Swoon values all of our employee's, and works hard to ensure they know how much they mean to us!

Found 97 reviews