Swoon Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Michelle Baker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I look forward to continue working with them and highly recommend them for employment services (in 8 reviews)

• My Recruiter Jack was the most honest, communicative and considerate recruiter I have ever worked with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Staffing is not for everyone but if you have the passion there are no cons with Swoon (in 7 reviews)

• That can be frustrating though it is typical for the staffing industry in general (in 5 reviews)

"Contracting via Swoon"

Current Employee - Infrastructure Change Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Change Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Chris Thrall, Antoine Smith and Eric Phillips have continued to make me feel worthy of the great jobs they have helped me get. They offer more perks and benefits than any other contract company I ever heard of. They make sure I am connected with jobs I am fully qualified for. They stay connected with me by keeping in touch and taking me out to lunch from time to time. They always make me feel as though I am an important part of the company. I have been placed in one great position after another. I am very happy at Swoon.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Swoon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing, really fun outings and in office happy hours. Generous PTO and benefits.

Cons

The expectations laid out by management change very frequently. Often times people look at input scores greater than outputs even if you exceed your output goals by far. That can be frustrating though it is typical for the staffing industry in general.

3. "Excellent"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Swoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with Alex Paul for my search and had an excellent experience. I would highly recommend Alex and Swoon for anyone looking for new opportunities. Alex was proactive and supportive during my search while keep me updated with next steps with potential opportunities.

Cons

None. Alex and Swoon exceeded expectations

Advice to Management

Continue to provide excellent service.

Aug 16, 2017

We will do our best to provide excellent service, thank you for the post! We are so glad you enjoy working with Alex, so do we!

4. "Great Place with Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Swoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-My Recruiter Jack was the most honest, communicative and considerate recruiter I have ever worked with! He was always available for an impromptu call or request.

-Swoon as a whole has been very helpful and supportive not only in the opportunities they present, but also in career development. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and worked with me to accomplish common goals.

-I would recommend this place as a great place to work at and as a wonderful consulting group to join.

Cons

I have not experienced any Cons.

Aug 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback, we appreciate you! Jack is a valuable part of our team, we are glad your experience was positive!

5. "Great People, Great Support!"

Current Employee - Contract Specialist in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Contract Specialist in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Swoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter, Kaylie Mora has been fantastic. She is very communicative (without being annoying). Her supervisor also checks in periodically to check in about the assignment. They provide excellent lines of communication; they're very involved in employee support; terrific people! They routinely check in to see how things are going, which I appreciate. With other staffing agencies I've worked for, once they placed you and you were on-board, you rarely heard from them.

Cons

Haven't really experienced any cons. If I were to get picky, I would ask them to pay weekly, as opposed to bi-weekly.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for the feedback, Kaylie is a terrific teammate! We love to keep in touch and we appreciate your feedback! We would love to pay weekly ... it might be a possibility down the road!

6. "Professional Recruiter"

I have been working at Swoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, Our CEO, Everyone you get to work with.

I just started here and have had nothing but a positive experience so far. Swoon is a great company, and by getting a feel for the culture here there is no wonder why they have won so many awards. I have observed how others collaborate with their candidates and wish I had such an experience when searching for employment opportunities in the past. I am looking forward to see my career develop in this role

Cons

None so far. It really depends on your background and what experience you have coming in to this role. But still nothing yet

Advice to Management

All have been extremely helpful in developing their employees

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for writing this post, you are awesome!

7. "Fun? In Staffing!? Swoon is the best"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual, fun environment, amazing people, and a modern approach to staffing. Great at what THEY do, so you can believe in what YOU do.

Cons

Staffing isn't for everyone, it's that simple. But if it's for you, then so is Swoon!

Advice to Management

Keep treating me so well! I was told to never get into staffing, so thank you for consistently proving those people wrong.

Aug 8, 2017

Thumbs up, keep doing you! And thanks for being you!

8. "Something great on the verge of something greater"

Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Swoon is a company where you can really make your own career path. If you have drive, you will be successful here. It has the traditional challenges of staffing but the leadership is willing to be open and address it with you. How many other companies can you speak to the CEO and President openly with a welcomed response?!? Its truly a team environment. If you want a work hard, play hard environment, Swoon is a great place!

Cons

This is staffing and it is not for everyone as they say. If you have a strong work ethic, willing to work on creating relationships with candidates, you will find success here. You get what you put into it so if you are one that waits for things to come to you, this isn't a fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the transparency and developing the individuals in Swoon. Career growth is huge!

9. "Best company I've worked for!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm still relatively new, started at the beginning of the year, however I already feel like family here! This company is very welcoming, inclusive and exciting. There are so many opportunities to get involved with the company and I really appreciate having the ability to join different committees. Swoon has super fun events and also engages with local charities. It is so refreshing to be part of an organization that loves to give back as much as I do! I'm so happy to be part of this team :)

Cons

There are so many things going on at once that it can cause long hours, however that comes with the industry.

Advice to Management

You're doing great!

"Not what I thought it would be"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid benefits, cool office and overall it's a close commute if you're coming from the suburbs ( Via metra and or L).

Cons

The company has terrible vendors and expect recruiters to fill roles which 20 other agencies also compete for. Managers will force people to write reviews and in most instances you can read through and see which reviews are clearly written by hr or marketing.

The office plays favorites and selects promotion mostly on tenure and not necessarily performance. Some individuals have been promoted to roles which reflect nothing to do with performance- if you were to take them and place them in another company with same title and duties, they would most likely fail. Which speaks volume of the why this company blows a lot of smoke.

Advice to Management

Stop making unnecessary promotions to people who do not deserve them.

Apr 25, 2017 – CEO

“Thank you for your feedback. I would like to hear more about your experience—it is not what we aim to foster at Swoon. If you are open to sharing more details, please call or email me. Sincerely... More