Swoon Reviews

Updated Apr 28, 2021

4.3
Swoon Chief Executive Officer Michelle Baker (no image)
Michelle Baker
Pros
  • "I would highly recommend looking to swoon for future employment solutions(in 10 reviews)

• "great company to make an impact(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "None except work/life balance (depending on how you look at it) but perks/rewards balance out(in 13 reviews)

• "Staffing industry is tough in general(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place

Apr 28, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, that truly invests in it's employees.

Cons

Growing organization still feeling some of those pains.

HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback!

2. 5.0

Great experience!

Apr 21, 2021 - Major Accounts Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been happy with my new position within the Major Accounts division, in what is a fast-moving role. The quality of the environment/culture was a key driver in my decision process to accept this position. There is a very good level of overall support within your first few weeks which helped me to best navigate a new position. Also, the senior/tenured management on this team is top-notch. Happy to see what the future holds for Majors!

Cons

The training part of my onboarding was tough as all was done in a remote fashion due to COVID. I understand though.

HR Specialist

Thanks for your feedback! Please let us know how we can continue to provide the best support through remote oboarding!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

So much potential!

Jan 20, 2021 - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Swoon is positioned with an incredible opportunity for growth. What the team has accomplished in the past 11 years is inspiring- with big growth planned and no slowing down in sight. The company offers uncapped commission potential with a real opportunity to make some big money. This is the benefit of a salary + commission role: and the top recruiters and sales reps see this, you get out of it what you put in it. This comes with hard work, creativity and going that extra mile- but the rewards can be great. The teamwork, flexibility, innovation and leadership are top notch. Anyone has the opportunity to make their voice heard, make an impact and make a difference. The teams work flexibility which is fantastic during this time and for working parents. Benefits and PTO package are generous. I've seen Leadership be promoted from within by having success in their roles. They are available to their teams, extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Staffing is a tough industry, and I have worked at other firms, but I am confident Swoon is the best staffing firm out there.

Cons

Hard work- just as in any sales role- but you get out of it what you put into it.

Thanks for your review!

4. 2.0

Smoke & Mirrors

Mar 31, 2021 - Business Development Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Shanda was great for onboarding

Cons

- Management was awful and doesn't value new employees - Cult environment - Metrics made no business sense and encouraged falsifying documentation in CRM to please management's reports - No work / life balance as projected in the interview process, even tenured employees complained about constantly being on the chopping block - Swoon's turn over rate & company reviews are false, only 2 of the 12 people I started with are still with the company - If you don't drink the Swoon koolaid you're gone - A new person with no prior industry experience was bashed publicly for something they should've been given kudos for, and turn it into a trainable moment, but instead made the new employee cry.

HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. Swoon has carefully crafted and is constantly re-evaluating our metrics and how employees are evaluated. We strive to ensure that all our employees, from first interview to retirement, are aware of what is expected to find success, why it is expected, and how we will work to ensure that they find success. We perform frequent pulse check-ins with all team members and provide a variety of resources to help struggling employees get back on track. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

5. 5.0

A step above.

Apr 20, 2021 - IT Technical Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Real-time culture, you can grow your career here, plenty of support. Plenty of technical positions to work on. Industry seasoned major accounts leaders who roll up their sleeves and support the teams. Positive environment. True team makeup.

Cons

Fast-paced needs, have to be able to keep up in a demanding candidate-driven and client market.

Appreciate your feedback!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Could not be prouder

Mar 4, 2021 - Leadership Program in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible collaboration, driven individuals , resilience abounds. We pull together to do the incredible as a growing team! Have worked with so many different teams and so excited to be part of this organization!

Cons

To beat the competition we need to outsmart them, outwork them and impress our candidates and clients equally. Keeping that bar high takes a ton of energy, effort and team work. The days can be long, the roller coaster is real but the rewards can be amazing.

HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and inspiration! The team will continue to work hard to provide the best in service, experience, and talent as we continue to grow!

7. 5.0

The best place to work!

Apr 20, 2021 - Research Associate in Avon, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Swoon is unbeatable! I love working here!

Cons

None, this is the best company I have worked for!

Thanks for your review!

8. 1.0

Hip Staffing agency but be prepared to work 12+hour days and weeke

Mar 29, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Training program is thorough - Medical benefits are good - Slighty above average base compensation - Employees and some management are happy to help when you have a question.

Cons

-Highly competitive environment - Micro-manager mentality - No work life balance!! Always pushing employees to work late evenings and weekends. Highlighting the employees that work weekends creating an environment where employees that can’t work weekends feel guilty. While many companies were giving employees self-care days in 2020, Swoon was advising employees to work longer hours to beat competition saying it was “imperative.” - No time to cook healthy meals or stay active. One manager tried to persuade her team a few times to work late saying she would buy them dinner. -Quantity versus quality mentality

HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback, and we can relate to how difficult it can be to create work/life balance to ensure that goals are being met in both personal and professional lives. This is why Swoon has a flexible working environment, in which employees can create their schedules to ensure that they are meeting both responsibilities at the "office" and at home. There may be some weeks, if an individual is having difficulty meeting their work goals, that they are encouraged to put in some extra time in the evenings or over the weekend to ensure that they are meeting the objectives. Staffing is hard, even more so now - and we value and appreciate all our employees and the hard work they contribute each and every day.

9. 5.0

Trust & Safety Analyst

Apr 1, 2021 - Trust &Amp; Safety Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

The recruiters and s are very friendly and strive to find the right job for you

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about Swoon, my experience has been GREAT!!!!

HR Specialist

Thank you for your time to let us know how we are doing!

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with some growing pains - This is honest advice and feedback without emotion

Dec 29, 2020 - Business Development Manager in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diversity, diversity & diversity. Loved the diversity. Good benefits, engaged leadership, decent pay. Support is always available as long as you're willing to ask. I was only there for a short time before coming to the conclusion that it just wasn't the industry nor the role I wanted to be in. I worked directly with the president, Andy, who was extremely supportive and a pretty cool guy. Motivating guy & will make you laugh daily. Communication was open, frequent and straight to the point. Learned about the industry and got familiar with a vertical I previously was unfamiliar with. $0 co-pay on benefits which is generous from any company. Internal promotions almost exclusively, they don't bring in outsiders to manage tenured employees, which I can appreciate. Staffing will make a big rebound eventually so there's a good business outlook for the company.

Cons

Bullhorn - training needs to be better and the system itself needs to be improved or scrapped and replaced. I was extremely frustrated because I would research and a add prospects to the CRM only to find out they're already in there. The CRM was tedious to work with, efficiency needs to be improved. Information would be archived so there was no way to search contacts/companies until all the leg work was done. Once the information would be entered the system would alert me to duplicates, but by then all the legwork was complete so it resulted in wasted efforts. There wasn't anyone in the company that was familiar enough with the CRM to be able to help. Information couldn't be uploaded en masse and had to be manually entered, this was honestly the most frustrating part of the job. I'm used to CRM's working to my advantage, in this case I really found Bullhorn to be more of a disadvantage. I was very vocal about this but unfortunately it was viewed more as an excuse which only added to my frustration.

HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback, and for sharing some of the challenges that you encountered. We always value open and honest communication, and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Reviews