Swoon Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Michelle Baker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I look forward to continue working with them and highly recommend them for employment services (in 8 reviews)

• My Recruiter Jack was the most honest, communicative and considerate recruiter I have ever worked with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance could be better if there was a WFH option (in 6 reviews)

• Staffing is not for everyone but if you have the passion there are no cons with Swoon (in 7 reviews)

1. "Contract Recruiter...Great First Experience!"

Pros

A very good experience working with my Recruiter Julius. Julius was quite well versed with understanding my Resume and matching it with their major clients requirements.

Cons

None at this time. This seems like a Great Company to work with/for. It’s refreshing to know the staff is well trained and understand what their customers are really looking for.

Advice to Management

Recognize the people that represent Swoon... it’s evident by the awards you have received that you’re on the right track.

Feb 19, 2018 – Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had the 5-star experience with Julius! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us.

"Where has Swoon been all of my life??!"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best companies I have worked for!! Management is supportive, engaging and very motivating. They really care about their employees and are empathetic to our needs. They have given me the tools to succeed in this role. I love my job!

Cons

Get ready to work REALLY HARD! Hours are extensive but very well worth it :) #driven

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

Feb 12, 2018 – Marketing Communications Specialist

We are so pleased to have a hardworking, talented Swooner like you on our Sales Team!

3. "Nice change up."

Pros

Good transparent management team
    Nice office location
    Diverse range of clients
    Competitive salary and comp plans
    Marching 401k
    Provided the tools to succeed in the industry.

Cons

Training is ok as a new employee as I felt it could have had a bit more energy.
    Very difficult industry in both finding the talent and overall amount of competition
    Very saturated industry and I can see how one can quickly get burned out

Advice to Management

Very good culture here at swoon.

Feb 19, 2018 – Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback, we will keep it in mind for our next new-hire training. We are glad to have you as a part of the Swoon team!

4. "Great recruiting agency"

Current Employee - AML Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - AML Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter helped me tremendously for interview preparation among many other things. He continued to help me through my journey as a consultant for a large financial institution.

Cons

Limited benefits, ultimately a good staffing agency to work for that will help you grow your career and assist you in networking.

Feb 19, 2018 – Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We value your feedback and are glad your recruiter has continued to be hands-on!

"Recruiter"

I have been working at Swoon full-time

Pros

Swoon has an excellent company culture. Working here has been a great experience within the Staffing industry. The organization is fairly new but a lot of growth within the company. The internal employees treat everyone with respect and the senior leadership has an open policy. Would recommend anyone to Swoon for IT or Professional opportunities.

Cons

Work life balance could be better if there was a WFH option. This is the staffing industry, so money never sleeps.

Jan 29, 2018 – Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for your positive review. We pride ourselves on our company culture and transparent structure. We appreciate your feedback and are looking into options.

"Contracting via Swoon"

Current Employee - Infrastructure Change Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Change Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Chris Thrall, Antoine Smith and Eric Phillips have continued to make me feel worthy of the great jobs they have helped me get. They offer more perks and benefits than any other contract company I ever heard of. They make sure I am connected with jobs I am fully qualified for. They stay connected with me by keeping in touch and taking me out to lunch from time to time. They always make me feel as though I am an important part of the company. I have been placed in one great position after another. I am very happy at Swoon.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Jan 29, 2018 – Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! Chris, Antoine, and Eric are a valuable part of our team, we are glad your experience was positive!

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Swoon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing, really fun outings and in office happy hours. Generous PTO and benefits.

Cons

The expectations laid out by management change very frequently. Often times people look at input scores greater than outputs even if you exceed your output goals by far. That can be frustrating though it is typical for the staffing industry in general.

Jan 29, 2018 – Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We value each and every review and will take your advice into consideration.

"Great Place with Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Swoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-My Recruiter Jack was the most honest, communicative and considerate recruiter I have ever worked with! He was always available for an impromptu call or request.

-Swoon as a whole has been very helpful and supportive not only in the opportunities they present, but also in career development. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and worked with me to accomplish common goals.

-I would recommend this place as a great place to work at and as a wonderful consulting group to join.

Cons

I have not experienced any Cons.

Aug 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback, we appreciate you! Jack is a valuable part of our team, we are glad your experience was positive!

9. "Excellent"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Swoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with Alex Paul for my search and had an excellent experience. I would highly recommend Alex and Swoon for anyone looking for new opportunities. Alex was proactive and supportive during my search while keep me updated with next steps with potential opportunities.

Cons

None. Alex and Swoon exceeded expectations

Advice to Management

Continue to provide excellent service.

Aug 16, 2017

We will do our best to provide excellent service, thank you for the post! We are so glad you enjoy working with Alex, so do we!

"Great People, Great Support!"

Current Employee - Contract Specialist in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Contract Specialist in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Swoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter, Kaylie Mora has been fantastic. She is very communicative (without being annoying). Her supervisor also checks in periodically to check in about the assignment. They provide excellent lines of communication; they're very involved in employee support; terrific people! They routinely check in to see how things are going, which I appreciate. With other staffing agencies I've worked for, once they placed you and you were on-board, you rarely heard from them.

Cons

Haven't really experienced any cons. If I were to get picky, I would ask them to pay weekly, as opposed to bi-weekly.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for the feedback, Kaylie is a terrific teammate! We love to keep in touch and we appreciate your feedback! We would love to pay weekly ... it might be a possibility down the road!