Symplicity Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.5

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symplicity Corporation (Arlington, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, No phone interview and direct call to the office for an on-site interview. Basic programming questions, overall resume and experience and some coding exercises. Everything went well. Selected for the last round which was a take-home assignment. Completed the take-home assignment within 24 hours and submitted. The assignment fulfilled all the requirements.

No response from the recruiter within 7 days. Then got a reject with no reason assigned. I can't think of a reason that there was something wrong with my assignment. Probably they found someone ready to work at a cheaper rate.

Very unprofessional behavior. A reason should be mentioned either over a call or an email so that the candidates should get the proper response. Even having everything done right and still not getting an offer feels like a waste of my time to me.

Interview Questions

• Factorials of a number.
      Return words from an array of words which match in the strings of another array
      Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symplicity Corporation (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very laid back, friendly & easy process. I was a current employee looking to obtain another position within the company. I was asked the typical interview questions: Strengths, weaknesses, what makes me the best person for the position, how well do I work with others, how would my colleagues describe me. I interviewed with the Supervisor and the team lead over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What issue have you had to troubleshoot for a client and how did you work with other colleagues to resolve it?   1 Answer

User Experience/UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symplicity Corporation (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied during the career fair. Had a 1:1 interview the next day which I think went really well. I showed them samples of my work and the interviewer seemed really impressed. No response from that day on, Sent them like 3-4 follow-up emails, no response at all.
    Please at least respond saying yes/no so that interviewees aren't kept hanging.
    After about 2 months, I get a mail saying the position needs more experience. No words!

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symplicity Corporation in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company's website and the process lasted for 1 week. There was a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by an email consisting of multiple questions which I had to answer and send back. The recruiter then set up a phone interview with one of the Software Development Manager. The manager asked few questions about my experience, the projects which I had worked on and why had used particular technologies for certain projects. There was a short online coding assessment test where a question was given and you had to solve it as the managers observed while you solved the question. Towards the end, the recruiter mentioned about following up,

Interview Questions

• /*It is the end of the school year, and the graduating class of Arlington High (n students in all) has decided to end the year by making quite a lot of noise. They line up in the locker room, where initially all n lockers are closed.

The first student runs down the row of lockers, opening each one.
      Then, the second runs down, slamming every other locker.
      The third student then runs down, opening (or slamming) every third locker, and so on until all n students have gone through, each opening (or closing) each locker evenly divisible by n.

Write a function that prints each open locker after the students are done.*/
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Symplicity Corporation (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

2 phone round both technical rounds. In the first round they asked on 1) Programming language 2) Basic coding questions 3) Problem solving in different situation. In second round they jumped for all the questions specific to job 1) Preferred language 2) SQL queries 3) Http protocol

Interview Questions

• SQL query optimization , sorting and searching algorithms   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symplicity Corporation.

Interview

Generally they take 2-3 rounds but took only one round with me, asked general questions like program to find a number is prime or not and how I get the latest trends and news about technology. Recruiters asked me for referrals the very same day and offered me job within 1 or 2 weeks

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Symplicity Corporation.

Interview

I was contacted on Linkedin to interview for the role. First up was a phone interview with the HR manager. The interview consisted of the usual question -tell us about yourself? Why Simplicity? Are you willing to relocate? Salary Expectations.

The call seemed to go well - I was told a few selected ones will receive a follow up questionnaire.

In the questionnaire - there were questions pertaining to fluency with CRM's that cater to governments. Other questions were regarding product management experience.

I thing I disliked the most was failure to communicate the status of the application on multiple inquiries.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symplicity Corporation (Arlington, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Was Contacted through email.
    Went through a online assessment test - based on PHP, Javascript, MySQL
    Couple of questions were asked through email

After few days was contacted for a phone interview
    During phone interview - shared screen and was asked to code (in PHP - but if not comfortable then use any language) and SQL Queries.

After a week - got my offer letter through email.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symplicity Corporation.

Interview

You have to go back and forth with the recruiter for application status. One senior developer will take phone interview. That's all. For result you might have to wait long.

Interview Questions

• Question about unit testing and memory management for entry level was unexpected. I had some knowledge. they were happy with what I knew.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Symplicity Corporation.

Interview

I began interviewing while I was in college. I interviewed with HR first, Management, then the CEO. They were flexible in letting me interview over the phone, which was helpful.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I accepted my offer because I thought it was very fair.