Synapse Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synapse Design (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

- One round of telephonic on self introduction and technical stuff
    - One round of telephonic on what is the requirement
    - One round of group telephonic (Panel) discussion on technical
    - HR round and salary negotiation

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to relocate from India to US   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synapse Design (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Finished one round, they said HR will contact soon to discuss. But never got response. I was waiting for the call, they didnt even respond about it. Anyway i have very good offer and very good company. So no worry.....

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synapse Design in July 2010.

Interview

not much of interview previous experience.. it was ok as nothing much is asked if the client is ready to pay you will be hired.. not much of interview previous experience.. it was ok as nothing much is asked if the client is ready to pay you will be hired..

Staff Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synapse Design (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

A couple times they would call me in the morning expecting me to come in that afternoon. One time, I did not find out about an interview in time. I should have realized that it would be an indication of how much I would be pushed around on the job.

Interview Questions

• At one point, I was asked if I would go to the customer in Texas. It sounded to me like the interviewer was talking about a single trip. I should have asked how much time I would spend in Texas. Later, when the offer came, they wanted me to spend one week out of every month in Texas.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I regret accepting the offer. They kept pushing for more Texas trips, and I talked them down to two weeks. After I accepted the offer, my supervisor would later press me for more time.

Synapse Design Response

Jan 20, 2018 – HR

We apologize that your experience hasn't been ideal. We believe in work-life balance so we are sorry to hear that your travel has been more than you expected. 2017 was an incredibly busy year and... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synapse Design (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Was very simple and straight forward .Not many rounds

Senior Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synapse Design (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Telephonic interview covering all aspects of physical design.
    Tried to understand the actual working experience, strengths and weakness

Negotiation

Not ready for negotiation

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Synapse Design (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Just had a phone interview. The man on the other end (won't mention the position, but apparently high up) was extremely rude when he did not get an answer the way he wanted. Would never want to work at such a place.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special, asked about the work I had done so far.   Answer Question

Synapse Design Response

Jan 20, 2018 – HR

I am sorry you had this experience. We pride ourselves on creating a positive interview experience as well as being a respected conscientious employer offering our employees a great team environment... More

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synapse Design (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

3 rounds of interview with Technically good people.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synapse Design (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

First there was a written test on EC basics(Digital,CMOS,VLSI,few q on coding(C))

Then 2 rounds of technical interview (Skype)

Then final HR round.

Then 2 rounds of technical interview (Skype)

Then final HR round.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synapse Design.

Interview

*Pre-lim Written test
    *Tech. interview 1
    *Tech. interview 2

-Interview was specifically focused on PD basics, so focus on the basics well
    -Good number of questions on the challenges faced in the previous projects and approach towards
      solving them