Synaptics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synaptics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview with HR then the hiring manager. I've approached their recruited via LinkedIn and she responded. She called me then asked me to their office for a face to face interview. I was then interviewed by their regional sales director via phone. For some reason that he wasn't impressed with my qualification therefore no further contact. I later on received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job?   2 Answers

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics.

Interview

3 phone calls, one skype session that focuses on programming, and an on site interview. I was contacted by phone, and was immediately asked technical questions. All interviews were technical, and took several weeks from first call to offer.

Interview Questions

• some questions are based on the interviewers knowledge base, otherwise some basic questions about how touchscreens work.   Answer Question

Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied somewhere in February 2016 for summer internship positions. Recruiter contacted me back in second week of March. Setup an interview following day with two prospective team members. Interview was for 45 min but lasted more than 1:15. Interviewers briefly explained me all 3 positions for which they were considering me and asked me to what position I am most interested. Then they talked little bit about interview moved to algorithm questions.
    I was asked 2 or 3 straight forward algorithm questions. In the end I was asked to optimize C code and C functions for better execution on embedded platform via online code collaboration tool.
    I think they were impressed with conversation. I got verbal offer after two days official offer letter the following week.
    I had a very positive and great experience working at Synaptics during summer 2016. Great people, great work environment and great place to intern in Silicon Valley.

Interview Questions

• Optimize "SOME C FUNCTION" via online collab editor.   1 Answer

CAD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I had applied online for the position. Got a mail from recruiting manager to schedule a phone Interview. Interviewer asked questions about coursework and past projects . Then technical questions were asked related to the position. Interview went well with some technical questions related to analog circuits.

Interview Questions

• Describe the channel length modulation.
      Explain body effect.
      Current mirrors
      Basic semiconductor theory
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Synaptics.

Interview

I had a phone interview and in person interview. I knew a friend who was familiar with the company and he was able to pass my resume along to upper level management and I received a phone interview almost the next day. The phone interview went smoothly. I had some experience in what they were working on, so I just described work I had done in the past. We eventually both felt like it was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Asked me specific questions about my professional experience   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Set of phone screens followed by lengthy on site interview. Interviewed by 4 separate individuals. Recruiter was incredibly efficient and staff professional. They got back to me within two weeks from my in house interview to let me know they were extending their offer to another party, and disclosed my inability to travel 25%+ was the deal breaking factor (honesty appreciated). One of the best interview processes I've experienced at any Silicon Valley company.

Packaging Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews: one with HR, one with the local business contact and one with the hiring manager. On site interview with 4 different people. All portrayed a very negative work environment with extremely long hours and high stress.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict and working with difficult people?   1 Answer

CAD Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics in May 2015.

Interview

Interview took for half an hour. Interviewer asked basic semiconductor concepts. He asked me about the course structure in school. He asked me what all courses I have done so far. He asked me whether I have done any analog courses. He asked me whether I know any scripting language.

Interview Questions

• Mosfet equation, VI characteristics, Current flow related questions, DRC, LVS, Physical Design   1 Answer

Software Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy and professional.
    Comfortable logistics, and friendly environment. Interviewers were good and up to the point and HR was helpful.
    However, the offer was way below expectation, and didn't meet minimum requirements for me to even consider, and didn't cover relocation expenses.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview followed by an onsite interview with the entire team. I was first interviewed by 2 Project Managers. Then the Engineering Manager came in to interview me. The final interview was with a Mechanical Engineer that I would be working with regularly.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about previous experience and which 3D programs I am comfortable with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer of $30/hour, I asked for $35/hour and got a call back within 2 hours saying that they approved.