Synaptics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synaptics Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Had three rounded interview on site. Most questions are asked about my resume. The position is to assistant to manage database. So they asked many questions about database. Not very hard. But I'm not in that area.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synaptics (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I submitted CV and received phone call from recruiter about Summer Intern position. Fairly easy interview. Great Intern program. Highly recommended. Very technical smart people, but I interviewed for support services (non engineer). More work meant shifting to contractor which is a rough transition. Very little support for contractors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a situation of conflict with a colleague or manager. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intern program is quite generous. $30/hr with $1000 bonus upon completion.

Senior Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synaptics (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

- The interviewers were all fairly smart. This isn't common for most companies.
    - I was always treated with full respect. The interviewers, even though all smart, treated my answers as correct by default and though how they themselves could also be equally wrong if their opinion were different. At most places, the interviewers generally consider themselves to be smarter and behave as if the candidate is dumb whenever their opinion does not match that of the candidate.
    - A full day of generally deeply technical interviews, yet a lot of fun.
    - Two interviewers for each session. All were very honest and honestly trying to hire good candidates for the position.
    - Interview level would be difficult for most candidates though was mostly easy for me

CAD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I had applied online for the position. Got a mail from recruiting manager to schedule a phone Interview. Interviewer asked questions about coursework and past projects . Then technical questions were asked related to the position. Interview went well with some technical questions related to analog circuits.

Interview Questions

• Describe the channel length modulation.
      Explain body effect.
      Current mirrors
      Basic semiconductor theory   Answer Question

CAD Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics in May 2015.

Interview

Interview took for half an hour. Interviewer asked basic semiconductor concepts. He asked me about the course structure in school. He asked me what all courses I have done so far. He asked me whether I have done any analog courses. He asked me whether I know any scripting language.

Interview Questions

• Mosfet equation, VI characteristics, Current flow related questions, DRC, LVS, Physical Design   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synaptics (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quite good. Had an onsite interview the day after a career fair where we went over relevant skills and projects on my resume. Followed within a week by another interview with technical and hr questions. Ended up not taking the position due to securing another one at a dream company, but the offer was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a large technical challenge, and overcame it.   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics.

Interview

3 phone calls, one skype session that focuses on programming, and an on site interview. I was contacted by phone, and was immediately asked technical questions. All interviews were technical, and took several weeks from first call to offer.

Interview Questions

• some questions are based on the interviewers knowledge base, otherwise some basic questions about how touchscreens work.   Answer Question

Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied somewhere in February 2016 for summer internship positions. Recruiter contacted me back in second week of March. Setup an interview following day with two prospective team members. Interview was for 45 min but lasted more than 1:15. Interviewers briefly explained me all 3 positions for which they were considering me and asked me to what position I am most interested. Then they talked little bit about interview moved to algorithm questions.
    I was asked 2 or 3 straight forward algorithm questions. In the end I was asked to optimize C code and C functions for better execution on embedded platform via online code collaboration tool.
    I think they were impressed with conversation. I got verbal offer after two days official offer letter the following week.
    I had a very positive and great experience working at Synaptics during summer 2016. Great people, great work environment and great place to intern in Silicon Valley.

Interview Questions

• Optimize "SOME C FUNCTION" via online collab editor.   2 Answers

Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

1 technical interview. 1 seven hour onsite interview with 10 interviewers. Morning session includes a 1 hour presentation by the candidate that is expected to be based on his/her actual work and is expected to be very technical.

Interview Questions

• The questions range from brain teasers, to writing code, to physics, mathematics, probability theory, transistor level circuits, signal processing, general engineering problem solving.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a job and then asked me what I wanted. I told them. They gave it to me.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synaptics (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was referred by my friend , recruiter contacted understood the situation and scheduled phone interview after 2 weeks . Had a phone interview where I was asked questions on RS232,SPI, data memory allignment, USB, RTOS . I thought that it did not go well but hiring manager had said in the end that we do not expect every one to know everything and then came to know through recruiter that HM recommended me for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• what is data memory allignment ?   Answer Question
    • explaing priority inversion ? how to solve and then question regarding priority inheritance - how to implement?   Answer Question
    • state difference between SPI , I2C . Describe your work experience   Answer Question

got another offer and this was slow process and still waiting to hear for promised onsite interviews as they said there is no open entry level position and I should wait