Syska Hennessy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Syska Hennessy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Syska Hennessy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very awkward group of people with unwelcoming and cramped office in SF. They are very disorganized and I tried to give them a second chance, but no expectations were met. They asked me very few questions (maybe 2-3) and instead rambled painfully slow about themselves and random Syska qualities like their lunch hour. Recruiters were uncomfortable and uninterested.

Interview Questions

• nothing useful, I had to plug in all my responses in the pauses of their rants   Answer Question

AV Interview

Interview

I did a skype phone call with Syska Hennessy Group manager and Syska Hennessy Group designer. I also did a face to face interview in Syska Hennessy Group's New York office.

HVAC Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Syska Hennessy (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I got invited to an interview via email for summer internship. I came in the office and found myself in a room with 20 other applicants. Not only did they forget to print out my name tag but the entire process feels like a circus act. There were three rounds of interviews and it felt robotic. The last round tests the students on their critical thinking, which I think is silly. You would do that to someone with a shaky educational background, not to a Cornell or Cooper Union student. Just like that, I spent 10 hours in that office. I felt like I was a last minute addition and I wasted my time. At least they serve food while we wait. This whole process feels like they pick interns to fill a quota. They're not interested in learning about the person.

Interview Questions

• We have had students from your school in the past and they were not good interns. What makes you better than them?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syska Hennessy (Culver City, CA).

Interview

I Talked to them during the career fair at my school, and received an email for an interview a week after. I am from California and they were setting up an interview for a job at New York head quarter. I told them in email that I prefer the office in LA, and was reconnected to LA office. After exchanging about 9 emails, I was set up an hour interview with two older senior engineers. I went there early about 25-30 minutes early, so they had me wait for 25-30 minutes, and interviewed for about one hour and fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on your free time? In general, a mixed of both behavioral questions and qualification questions   Answer Question

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Syska Hennessy (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by two of the Engineers their. One being a Supervisor and another being a relatively recent add on. The total length of the interview was around 30 min. They asked questions based off of my resume which were followed by STAR style questions. They added the basic "what do you do as a hobby outside of school question as well".

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syska Hennessy (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter through university job board website. Within a few weeks I was selected for an interview. Phone interview included going over skills and past experience I had. Discussed leadership positions and school related projects. I was also asked if I lived near the job location. A week after the interview I was selected for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the pay rate. As an intern I believe they don't expect you to negotiate, so at first the process was stalled but eventually they gave in.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Syska Hennessy.

Interview

Contacted after attending my college career fair. Had to attend an introduction to the company early in the morning. Got a tour of the New York office. Then interviewed with two junior engineers and two senior engineers. Spent 5 hours at the company in total.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syska Hennessy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The people interviewing me were completely unprepared. They kept apologizing for everything they hadn't done, which only made things more annoying. It was an absolute insult to have wasted my day for such amateurs. Through the course of the limited dialogue it became clear that Syska is a place for the average. They couldn't lead the way out of a paper bag. I made no effort to follow up. No regrets.

Interview Questions

• Syska was completely unable to answer my questions about current industry trends, markets, and how their company is adapting and responding them. Even worse, they didn't want to hear about anything that has happened in the last fifty years. The whole Q&A portion lasted about two minutes as a result.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Syska Hennessy.

Interview

interviewed at their location

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Syska Hennessy (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

An interview was set up by HR and a few weeks later I received a call. Phone interview first and face to face. For face to face interview, I met several principles all together. The interviewer asked me to elaborate on my experience and why was I applying for the position

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for Syska Hennessy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A