Sysmex America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sysmex America Interview Questions

Interviews at Sysmex America

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sysmex America (Lincolnshire, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview, then brought in for office interview later that week where I met with the hiring manager, a team member and a recruiter. The questions were a good mix job based experience questions and behavioral based questions. After the interviews I was called later that evening and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you tell me about a specific time you had conflicting priorities, how did you deal with this and how did you choose what to accomplish first?   1 Answer

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sysmex America (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Since it was an entry level position they asked mainly behavioral questions. They were pretty standard, Strengths, Weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. They did ask some difficult questions like how do you organize your belongings? They only asked me one technical question.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysmex America (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Video interview followed by face to face interview with 5 people squeezed into 2.5 hours. Video interview was cool but weird! You're asked questions, given a minute to think and then 2 minutes to record your answer.

The in person felt rushed and it's ALL behavior based questions nothing really of the script

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person. All those types of questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their hiring process is in depth! Don't lie, they will find out. You'd think you were being vetted by the federal government based on their background check.

Zero negotiating with PTO time which was a big turn off for me and still has me on the fence about the offer....did well in all other areas of compensation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysmex America (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Several one half hour interviews with the hiring manager and with other team members. We mostly went over my qualifications and prior work experience. Then we did a brief tour of the facility and benefits.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sysmex America in October 2017.

Interview

First phase of interview before going forward within the interview process was through google I.M. chat. Interviewer asked for my age/sex, which is completely irrelevant to my qualifications. When I did not reveal my age, interviewer insisted I answer the question. Once I revealed my age, interviewer would not reply to me. Whole process took around 40 minutes. Complete waste of time and a complete joke.

Interview Questions

Sysmex America Response

Oct 27, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please note that Sysmex does not utilize SMS/text messages, Google IM Chat, or any other chatting platform to conduct interviews. Please be advised... More

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sysmex America (Mundelein, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

They talked to me over the phone with 2 phone interviews. It turned out that they were aware of some of the people I worked with @ Sunquest Information Systems and actually called some of them to check on me. I didn't think I was going to get an interview when the hiring manager said, "You're an analyst." However; they brought me up to Chicago and I went through 3 interviews. The Hiring Manager who was the Department Director, asked me questions about patch releases which I established @ Sunquest and my overall background. I then talked to the Implementation Director who had worked @ Sunquest and was a very amiable interview mostly asking about people @ Sunquest we both might know and my Sunquest experiences. Then the VP of HR who asked some generic questions about Lab and my experiences working for Sunquest LIS. I didn't think I wowed them and flew back thinking I was not going to get the job because they thought of me more as a software person. However; a couple of days later (after a drug test), I was offered the position and accepted even though I took about a $10k pay cut from Sunquest (which is where I had been laid off by in Jan 2009).

Interview Questions

• What is a 5 or 7 part differential.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None - they sent me a letter and I either accepted or declined. After being laid off for 9 months I really needed the position.

Senior CRA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysmex America.

Interview

Phone, then skype, then face to face. They had questions like How much travel are you open to?
    What is your responsibility at your current role?
    What salary are you looking to have?

Interview Questions

• How have you worked to overcome adversity?
      How far do you live from the airport?
      How much travel are you open to?
      What is your responsibility at your current role?
      What salary are you looking to have?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

Interview

The company got back to me fairly quickly, which I now understand is not typical based on my own struggles to get candidates in for interview. I had a lengthy phone screen following by a panel discussion. Generally friendly. Interview questions sounded somewhat canned and testing personality more than anything else, which was fine. One individual at a VP level was arrogant and borderline insulting. My answers were not satisfactory and he continued to rephrase his questions as if my response regarding my former company's strategy would change based on his choice of words.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysmex America (Lubbock, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. 2 weeks after, I received a call from the HR. She was very Nice to me and the question was very simple. Do you live in the area where the opening is? After, she sent my resume to the district manager who called me a week later. The interview was simple because I had the skill he was looking for such as Customer Service, Field service and I was living in the area. Then he sent my resume to the regional manager. A week later I got a call from the district manager. she explains the daily activities of a field engineer and Again asked a lot of question about customer service. 3 weeks after, I got a call from the district manager for a final face to face interview. the question was mostly based on my experience and customer service skills. We were 6 for 1 position. 2 days after the final interview, I received an offer and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in customer service?   1 Answer

Field Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sysmex America.

Interview

The phone call interview/screening with the HR/Recruiter was not pleasant. It seemed like the person was asking more questions to see if I would be a risk to pursue instead of a person fit for the job. As a person seeking a job, the interview had no room for strategy to try and get further into the hiring process. That being said, if you're good at understanding why they are asking certain questions, you can do yourself a favor and figure out if you have a chance.

Interview Questions

• How much do you make?
      Do you have any other interviews or offers?   Answer Question