Sysmex America Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Ralph Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor work/life balance and an expectation from management to be in the office everyday" (in 6 reviews)

• "Don’t trust them or upper management" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Service Engineer I"

Current Employee - Service Engineer I
    Current Employee - Service Engineer I

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a recent new hire and I have had an exceptional experience at Sysmex so far. The culture is so welcoming and all employees ensure you feel that you are joining the "Sysmex Family". During new hire orientation the CEO, Ralph Taylor, took time to meet and greet all of the new hires. He spoke to us about our backgrounds and shared his background and journey within Sysmex. I have never been part of an organization where I have felt so welcomed from the start. I have truly made the best decision by coming to Sysmex and look forward to my career at this organization.

Cons

None to share currently, my experience has been wonderful so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work in encouraging all employees to embrace the Sysmex Way! When I walk around the building, all employees are smiling and enthused, which I have never seen before.

2. "Great company and culture."

Pros

Great product, great benifits, great people

Cons

Steep learning curve and challenging training.

Advice to Management

Add additional employees.

3. "Great company to work for. But Quality mind-set needs work."

Former Employee - Specialist, Quality Systems in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Specialist, Quality Systems in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Sysmex America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are above other companies. I have worked as Hospira and Cardinal Health, and this company had better Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Free gym access in the building.
    You get to wear many hats; this is good for experience.

Cons

Some of the managers are micro managers, even to the point that they don't want you to come too early so that you leave early. I was salary and like having the freedom to come to the office between 7-8:30am.
    Besides Quality, the whole company as a whole is not quality minded. They change Quality on almost every quality decision since they few them as roadblocks. You get to wear many hats; this is bad when you are overloaded with tasks.

Advice to Management

Management needs to create a GMP training that is mandatory company wide so that the culture of quality shifts, and that short cuts are not taken.

4. "Great Culture and Development for Assocaites"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, CEO and Executives are willing to listen to feedback. Management pushes employee development and engagement, they want to ensure associates are feeling valued.

Cons

Rapidly growing company, some associates have smaller company mindset and need to be open to change.

5. "Multinational work environment"

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time

Pros

Multinational, collaborative, good products, interesting work

Cons

Not enough vision, too risk averse

Advice to Management

Set a course and go! S-corp, quit trying to eliminate every risk because it can't be done.

"Can't use the bathroom without telling manager at CORPORATE!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    Nice office
    People are generally good

Cons

Have to inform team of every tinkle break, otherwise manager gets VERY upset and abusive
    We are treated like children, not professionals

Advice to Management

They don't listen to advice. Tried and failed.

"Kershaw, please come back!! We’ve lost our way!"

Pros

Great Hematology Products! Pay is nice. Great history and potential. Innovative. Majority of employees are fantastic. If someone in my family was sick, I’d want their labs ran on a Sysmex...

Cons

The success of our products have hidden our internal deficiencies and blemishes for the past several years. Takes our customers and employees for granted as if neither will ever leave. Leadership that know what the Sysmex Way is have either already left or unwilling to teach those coming in from other companies what makes us special. We’ve drifted away from what made us successful. Power struggle at the top is making us weak. HR is not your friend. Don’t trust them or upper management.

Advice to Management

Products and people change but principals should not. Get our house back in order and invest in our employees who are directly customer facing. Not more management or virtual support. Our customers pay our bills. Taking them for granted as if they have no other options will eventually turn us into the next abandoned Blockbuster video store. Invest in or outsource Marketing.

"Proceed with caution and know you will have no work life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Lincolnshire offices are lovely. They have a company workout room in the building. The onsite café has good food and it's inexpensive. They offer free soda, coffee, tea, snacks. The products they sell are important to the world and it's for good. The company gives back to the community and that's great. But.... so many things are wrong it makes it difficult to work there.

Cons

There is so much wrong with this company. It's very disheartening and sad. They try to present a welcoming culture to all new employees trying ensure you feel that you are joining the "Sysmex Family". But it’s all FAKE. Don’t believe it for a minute. Everyone is hypersensitive. Don’t even think about making a joke, having a sense of humor or being funny. It is not allowed.

The Sysmex way is preached to employees but upper management does not abide by it. Listen to your people and ensure adherence to the Sysmex Way. They use the Sysmex way as a control thing. But it doesn’t exist. It’s just a sales tactic to get you in the door.

This company lacks flexibility in every way. Completely old-school in thought when it comes to workplace flexibility. You must be in the office every day. There is no working remote unless you are in sales. There is no work life balance. None. People send emails round the clock 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Work/life balance is nonexistent. Everyone is afraid for their jobs, so they work round the clock.

Top management refuses to increase head count and micromanages every department. Every department is drowning, and every employee is drowning in work. The company continues to grow but senior leaders refuse to increase head count. This is causing great strain on various departments. Senior leaders are abusive and micromanaging. Everyone is afraid of senior management. Even our managers are not able to protect us from constant abuse that is coming from up above. HR is aware but is also too afraid to do anything about it. If you choose to work here, they document everything as gaslighting and constantly changing goals are common. HR is not your friend, even though they act like it. Do not trust them.
    The hiring verification process is worse than the FBI. They do not trust their employees. This a good first indication that if you accept a position at this company, what it will be like to work here. If you pass the verification and get hired, the onboarding process and company training is a nightmare. It’s a one day class, followed up with endless testing, documents, and useless training to justify the HR departments jobs.

Advice to Management

Like they care? If anyone is really listening, have leadership from the parent company in Japan take over. To realign and reorganize. Get rid of all these long term employees that have been there for the last twenty years.

"Good"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Reston, VA

Pros

Very effective way of interviewing

Cons

I did not see any cons yet

"Production Associate"

Pros

Pay is above average but doesn't make up for the cons

Cons

If you expect to have a life and spend your above average money...forget about it. You live there with all that o.t. you'll never see your family. No work life balance at all

Advice to Management

Why? They don't listen