Sysmex America Reviews | Glassdoor

"Clinical Specialist"

Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in Remote, OR

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are intelligent, dedicated and very team focused. Very supportive atmosphere. More than adequate support and resources consistently made available.

Cons

Can be difficult to assimilate without a Med Tech background but it is doable. Busy schedules can make orientation shorter than desirable.

Advice to Management

Allow for more employee feedback throughout the year instead of via annual surveys.

"Sales support"

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Products have good reputation. Office location is good. Can stay out of trouble if you lay low. Compensation average for most jobs. Above average for sales

Cons

Execs have no idea what is going on and fight to protect their turf. Next level is yes-men and airheads. Sales makes a load of money and will cheat to get it. Cafeteria is gross. Keep temps and contractors around forever to avoid paying benefits. Don't tell truth on survey --- they know who you are.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the sand. The world is changing.

"Product Marketing Manager"

I worked at Sysmex America full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Executive leadership can be very difficult to manage.

"TAC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Able to work remote for some positions, Suggestions from all levels are encouraged, considered and implemented if they improve a process.

Cons

Men in same position paid more than women, even if the woman has more experience/longer tenure with company. Anyone with chronic illness seems to be curiously terminated due to 'work performance' after long term above average reviews. No decrease in performance observed by those in same department.

Advice to Management

Great company with very few issues but issues that are present are egregious and appear to be consistently 'overlooked' at the middle management levels.

Sysmex America Response

May 5, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. As you mentioned, we do value all employees' feedback and ideas. Sysmex is a long term Equal Employment Opportunity employer and our polices... More

"One Isolated Department ..."

Former Employee - Public Relations Manager in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Public Relations Manager in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Sysmex America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and coworkers.

Growing, dynamic organization.

In Lincolnshire, they offer yoga and Pilates classes (for a small fee) and there in an on-site gym, plus a cafeteria.

The culture overall is thoughtful, energized, talented and proactive. It feels like a small company but it's not.

Coworkers are helpful, friendly and genuinely nice. It is a WONDERFUL place to work, aside from my (significant but isolated) complaint below.

The company is involved in many philanthropic efforts and if you join their "Sysmex Cares" team, you'll get to know some really good people.

Work/Life balance is decent and the building in Lincolnshire is newish.

Cons

I left a manager-level position at Sysmex after only nine months because I was subjected to unprofessional behavior that was borderline verbal / emotional abuse. I want to be clear that, as far as I know, the abuse is isolated to one department.

Most employees at Sysmex work for people who have a professional demeanor and leadership style. To be clear, by "professional" I mean, they do not yell at you in front of others or at all; are not punitive if you disagree; do not call you after work hours to assign you work to do RIGHT THEN; do not discuss confidential information about your coworkers with you to turn you against them; and/or do not make thinly veiled threats to you or others.

Had I known about the lack of interpersonal/managerial finesse of two of the department's "leaders" I'd never have taken the job. A good training program may or may not help - I didn't want to stick around for the results. Some of the people who have stayed in the department are so beaten down emotionally that they think they're unqualified to work elsewhere -- and are afraid to lose their jobs, so they tolerate it. This is sad, because they are talented, innovative, amazing professionals and there are so many great organizations that would want them.

So - I experienced the "unprofessional" side of Sysmex. Again - isolated to one department that doesn't have many employees, but read through that list again because abuse is rampant...in that department. Two, and possibly three, of my predecessors were subjected to similar treatment and left abruptly because of it. What a shame.

Advice to Management

Fix that department. You know which one it is and what to do.

Implement 360-degree reviews for ALL employees and leaders. Tie the results to performance reviews, bonuses and Sysmex Values. The results will make it abundantly clear who is disrespectful / abusive to others.

Sysmex America Response

Jan 26, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are committed to our company philosophy, The Sysmex Way, to help foster a collaborative environment between management and our associates... More

6. "IT Director"

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work in all aspects!

Cons

I love working at Sysmex!

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly motivated colleagues. Pay is competitive. Working for a company that is thriving. Supportive management.

Cons

Seemingly limited progression in career advancement.

8. "Systems Analyst"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Sysmex America (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team, good benefits 401K 3% match, fitness expenses, PTO and education reimbursement.

Cons

Limited ability to move forward in your career.

Advice to Management

As the company is getting bigger access to upper management is getting more and more restricted while you are expected to have the same exposure for forward movement. Internal employees are encouraged to ride along with service engineers but it would be good for Internal upper management to maybe do the same with internal employees who get over shadowed while doing excellent work.

"Employment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Pros

This is a GREAT company to work for, there benefits are excellent, employee comps and like never before. Everyone is always happy and friendly and management have an open door policy

Cons

If your working there as "Temp" you will never get hired for any position you apply for. They look at your title as a temp as an low level employee with no credentials which shouldn't be. But if your a "contractor" your looked upon more highly. Were the same type of employees with the same level of experience and credentials but having the title Temp is a death sentence for your career. That word doesn't open the magic doors

Advice to Management

Your temps are your employees also, we contribute the same blood and sweat as your full time employees and contractors. We should not be treated as low level hired hands. Your missing out on great employees just because of this view.

10. "Great Company"

Former Employee - N/A in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - N/A in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Sysmex America (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, and great products

Cons

Sometimes it i s hard to advance, or have a manger that is willing to grow the talent.