T. D. Williamson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.9

Welding Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T. D. Williamson (Tulsa, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview that went over some very basic things as the human resources person was not that familiar with welding processes.

She had told me that her boss Dennis had a few other interviews to conduct as well. but they would get back to me.

I called Dennis two weeks later and he told me that they were not yet ready to make a decision but to please be patient and give him another week or two.

I called back again and he told me that people in the Human Resource Department had quit and he was trying to handle everything by himself and was falling behind because of the work load but that if I were just a little more patient even though other companies were contacting me, they really wanted me.

Well on the fourth call Dennis finally told me they had hired a man through a head hunter back in April (who was under contract with the company he was working for) and they were not sure if he was actually going to show up or not so they were keeping me on a string in case he did not come through for them.

Interview Questions

• With all your experience why are you applying for this job?   Answer Question

Technical Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T. D. Williamson (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process at TDW is pretty consistent for any position in which you have an influencing role. The first interview is with a recruiter via telephone, which will last approximately 20-30 minutes. The questions are fairly standard HR fare, and they WILL discuss salary expectations.

Following the phone interview, you should expect a one-to-one interview with the hiring manager, a 3-5 person panel interview, or both. This is where things get a very specific.

Do your research on TDW. Know the business they are in and how you can contribute to the future, specifically.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes HR or Management will make a decision that negatively impacts the personnel you have responsibility for. You have to tell them the news, but who owns that message? Why?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T. D. Williamson (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Phone screening interview, followed by in-person panel interview. The on-site interview required a 20-minute presentation. The interviewing panel asked situational questions and was forthcoming answering my questions about the position and company. I felt like I got to know the people I would be reporting to. The interview included a tour of the facility, which was very interesting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you solved a problem, when was a time that you expanded your position, what did you do when a project was late. Pretty typical situational interview.   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romeoville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T. D. Williamson (Romeoville, IL).

Interview

Was fairly straight forward, more of a guid to how the job worked as opposed to questions about my experience or knowledge. They just want to make sure you are willing to travel for work. After that they tell you they will send you to their schools to learn the equipment, and give a tour of the shop. there was a small test of technical questions, like the different types of wrenches, screwdrivers etc... nothing that would be considered super tough.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T. D. Williamson (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

After application a recruiter calls and sets up a telephone interview that is very in depth. After a couple weeks contacted for in-person interview that was set up over a week later. Had the interview in person with only the HR Consultant present in person and the manager that the position would support was via a video conference call. Well, it was supposed to be, but there were technical glitches and up having the interview with the manager on speaker phone since he was unable to hear us. It was very muffled and at times hard to hear him. The interview would of gone much better if he had been there in person. Considering how long it took to get the interview and then it was set for over a week out, he should have been there. Then I heard nothing... nothing at all. I think that protocol would dictate that after an actual interview that there would be at least an email (preferably a phone call) telling you that they have decided to go with another candidate. Then after a few weeks they posted the position again, so obviously they did not get the right candidate. They should notify all interviewees a status.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. D. Williamson (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied internally for a promotion to a senior position. Interviewed via Skype for business with manager in Tulsa. Was interviewed within two weeks of applying and offered a position the next week.

Interview Questions

• What knowledge or skills had I learned in my employment with TD Williamson that would help with the new position?   1 Answer

Interview

Two interviews and both were One-on-One. The first was a behavioral interview with an HR personnel and the other was a behavior / technical interview with the department hiring manager that I was to work for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a cultural barrier with a co-worker in order to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T. D. Williamson (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview is done with multiple people who play a role in the selection of the candidate, whether it be the person to whom youd be reporting, the HR rep, a vital person with whom you'd be working alongside, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T. D. Williamson.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with the recruiter. He then sent me a technical writing test that included MS Word formatting and a few images to arrange into instructions. I was then called into an onsite interview. I was first given a tour of the facility, then I sat down with four people to begin the interview. I was asked to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on my skills and qualifications. Then I was asked typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• The difference between a pixelated file and a vector file.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would advise learning about the culture of the company before accepting an offer.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T. D. Williamson (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

It was quite intensive. I had three interviews. One was a phone interview with HR, then an in person panel interview, and last a meeting with the DA manager. I also met with a lot of different people. Overall, it took 2 days to go through the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background to see if I had any prior experience in analysis   Answer Question