T.K. Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.K. Maxx Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.4

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Saint Helens, West Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

It was very casual, we got interviewed in groups and had a lot of tasks which involved picking up a item from the shop floor that best describes us and explaining to the group why we picked it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate i took the 12 hours on offer.

Buying and Merchandising Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview

Initially, I had to submit my CV and some relatively lengthy application questions. Following this I completed three online assessments (Numerical, Verbal and Logic) and was given a video interview.

The video interview itself was generally fine, although it is one sided and the questions are pre-recorded; this meant I felt quite uncomfortable answering the questions whilst simply looking at a big video of myself. In addition, some questions seemed very similar, e.g. I was asked both 'Outline the off-price model of buying' and 'Outline the off-price model of merchandising.' I felt this restricted me a little and I struggled to fill the time with my answer.

Interview Questions

• What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you and why?   Answer Question

X-mas Temps Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

2 stage interview process is there.first round is written.i this you have mark your worst and best answers in the sheet given by them.i think total of 50 questions were there.then for those who have passed the 1st round,they have to go for the 2nd round in which some questions were asked about yourself like why tk maxx and some practical based questions.

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy. You fill out a personality test in a multiple choice form, and there are no right or wrong answers.
    You then go into a back room for one on one interview, which is also simple. You get asked basic questions and it's informal.

Interview Questions

• On the multiple choice form: things like - a customer is angry, what do you do? a.)call a manager b.) apologize and see if you can diffuse the situation c.) ignore them
      They tend to like answers which avoid the use of the manager

In person: give an example of when you gave great customer service. what's your greatest achievement?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Just called in for an interview which was actually a sales questionnaire we had to fill in ,was told will get a call next week for an interview if they are satisfied ,which I didn't so I guess I didn't pass

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was not the best experience, the interviewer (manager )didn't even tell me his name and was quite rude to be completely honest. I wouldn't apply for that store again. Also they do not give you feedback to say you didn't get the job. He also took a phone call and cut the interview short giving no reason to why.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Group Assessment - They gave me a list of scenario type questions with multiple choice (I presume each answer has corresponding points) and ask you for your availability. They told us that we will be getting a call the next day if you are getting invited for an interview. I got a call the next day, very hopeful as I was expecting good news but they were just calling to say that I was a few points short of passing and that they will keep me posted for the next group assessment.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Galway (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke to a manager on the phone and then was asked to come in for a sit down interview. There was a speaker phone on the desk which was loud and distracting but otherwise the interview went smoothly. The hiring manager, Zara, is very friendly and easy to talk to. I also had to take a personality test prior to the job offer. It was a paper test, which may seem intimidating, but it's not hard to figure out what kind of answers they're looking for. The personality test asks questions to try to make sure you have the positive attitude and energy to engage with customers and succeed in a very hectic, high-energy store. They are constantly looking for new staff, but it seems rather arbitrary when your application gets a response as I was contacted only a week or so after I submitted my cv and cover letter in store, whereas some coworkers waited months before being contacted. This is just to say that just because they didn't contact you right away doesn't mean you won't have a chance down the line.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Walsall, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview in which four of us were taken upstairs to the staff room and asked to sit. Ryan the manager explained that we were going to do a customer service situational test and a test about ourselves. When we were finished we could leave

Interview Questions

• If you saw a woman in a wheelchair struggling with three large bags what would you do?   Answer Question

Merchandising and Buying Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process involved a digital interview as well as a face to face interview if you made it to the assessment centre. In the face to face interviews you were made to feel very comfortable and I think the interviewer was looking to bring out the best in you and see what you had to offer. Overall it was a positive experience even though I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• What is one brand you would like to see us sell that we don't already?   Answer Question