T.K. Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at T.K. Maxx

2.3

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview

I was interviewed by a staffing agency for a new store opening, I applied at the location and then received a call requesting an interview. There were members of the management team who were also conducting interviews for the position.

Interview Questions

• difference between good and excellent customer service and show an example   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was quite simple. They asked me a few questions about my experience and gave me a simple multiple question test with about 20 questions altogether. It was quite a simple process.

Interview Questions

• What retail experience do you have?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Saint Helens, West Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

It was very casual, we got interviewed in groups and had a lot of tasks which involved picking up a item from the shop floor that best describes us and explaining to the group why we picked it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate i took the 12 hours on offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was very friendly. The interview for me began with filling out my application form. After that we then did a test in which would determine if i would go on to the next stage being the interview. The interview was straight forward and didn't last long. Overall the process took about an hour or so.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a customer needs my help but i am preoccupied with another customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate in this type of job.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Group interview of about 12 people,we did a small role play in groups followed by a small presentation on good and bad service.
    We also got asked ice breaker questions which was fun!
    Overall the environment was not stressful at all.
    At the end we handed in forms and ID.
    The manager phoned me within the week to say she'd like to offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Tkmaxx?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied by handing my cv to a manager, I was called the following day and had a brief phone screening about availability. Afterwards, I was invited to attend a test the following day, the test was about behavioural situations with customers and personality, it wasn´t very long. In the afternoon I was told I had passed the test and that they would like to invite me to the interview stage. It was a one to one interview, the manager was very friendly and made me feel comfortable, she asked about my relevant experience and a few behavioural questions and some basic questions about the company.
    After a couple of days I was offered a job, the process was really smooth and quick.

Interview Questions

• Why TKMaxx?   1 Answer
    • What do you like the most and the least about working in retail?   1 Answer
    • An example of good customer service / extra mile.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a task that you disliked doing in a previous job and how you overcame this.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

You have to fill out an application available in every store. If the company is interested in you, they will call you for an interview. Both one on one or group interviews are possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time when you've experienced good customer service and one time you've experienced bad customer service?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Two stage interview process; 1st F2F with the hiring manager (who may be supported by a peer) and 2nd likely to be the hiring manager's line manager. Fairly formal process and was an open discussion rather than competency based.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position? What can you bring?   1 Answer

Buying Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Florence (Italy)).

Interview

3 steps of interview with the buying hierarchy Focused on brand network and negotiation abilities. Being an American Company the interview was totally in English. First step in UK and the others two in Florence office

Interview Questions

• What is your way to convince a partner to sell the goods.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in August 2009.

Interview

Had a face to face interview with a supervisor from TKMAXX atthe Job Centre as a new store was opening. I told them i had relevant work experience and then they called me to the store and saw how good I was at putting size cubes on clothes. They also made us remember the product codes (something on the bar code).

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in retail?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for TK Maxx?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.