TARGUSinfo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at TARGUSinfo

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TARGUSinfo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Initially I had two phone conversions that both went well. After the second call I was informed that they wanted me to fly out to the headquarters in Vienna for the final round of interviews. I was contacted by my recruiter on a Friday evening, who asked me to book a flight for Tuesday morning and was told I would be reimbursed. I was a bit taken back, considering I was only given a few days notice but booked the flight and hotel.

As soon as I entered the building the vibe was completely off, and I was a bit intimidated. Everyone I encountered in the office were older men dressed in suits, not the online advertising vibe I'm accustomed to. Being a young woman, I immediately felt that none of the 7 men that interviewed me took me seriously from the get go. Information on the AdAdvisor product was difficult to find online, and it turns out none of them actually worked on the AdAdvisor product that I was interviewing for.

I left the interviews unsure, and later was told they wanted someone with "more experience". Over three weeks later I have yet to receive a check compensating me for my expenses. In the future, I'd recommend perhaps having an in-person interview prior wasting their time flying across the country.

Interview Questions

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TARGUSinfo (San Francisco, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Consisted of 2 phone interviews with the VP and Biz Dev Manager of the product line. Each phone interview took about 30 minutes and they asked questions based on how much you know about the industry.

Lastly, I was invited to the office to meet with two other team members. They mostly asked about my background.

According to the recruiter that I was working with, they had quite a lot of candidates they've been interviewing for 3-4 months. I didn't have a direct experience in their industry, so I lost my chance to other senior candidates. The team at TargusInfo was kind enough to thank me for my time.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the difference & similarities (if any) between SEM and display advertising?   Answer Question