TCP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCP (New York, NY).

Interview

Got job posting from my university's career center. First I received HR phone interview, followed by 1/1 interview with senior designer. The 1/1 interview with designer was pretty easy: he asked basic circuits elements, RC circuits and some simple DC-DC typology.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TCP (Aurora, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very hard interview because TCP is so selective. If you're in the top 10%, that's not going to be good enough, they're looking for 1%. They not only talk to you, but they dig, I had to have a total of 10 people who they spoke with who would give a referral and be able to discuss proven sales numbers for many years of my past.

Interview Questions

• Past sales awards and to explain how that was achieved.   1 Answer
    • They wanted to see and understand the past 5 years sales numbers compared to others in my position.   1 Answer
    • They asked me to take 3 days and look over the territory, then come back and give a presentation regarding my 30 day, 90 day, 6 month, and 1 year plan to maintain and grow the territory.   1 Answer
    • Give a presentation on each of the top 20 customers in a 12 state area.   1 Answer

RSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TCP (Aurora, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

I knew the Director of Sales who automatically told me I will get the job. I have no lighting experience. They told me you learn as you go. This is a sales driven organization so we get pretty good perks and support from the CEO

Interview Questions

• Way too easy to make it look formal for HR to process paperwork   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TCP in June 2013.

Interview

Sent TCP a resume based on Linked In post. Contacted by HR and was scheduled for a Skype interview with the RSM. Most of the time he spoke of himself and was not allowed to ask any questions that I had prepared but I felt the interview went well enough. I was told that I would get the F2F. Sent thank you and waited to hear back when I didn't I sent an email and was informed via email that they had hired from within (which was not true). 1 month later they sent me a form letter saying that they had found a candidate which proved the RSM was untruthful. I sent a email to the Director and the HR contact and received a reply where the RSM stated that I had worn a t shirt in my Skype interview which he had felt was unprofessional (another untruth). As a sales professional I know better and first impressions are important. If he is untruthful during the interview process more than likely he would throw you under the bus to save his behind. Leadership, honesty and integrity are not something this individual possesses.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions other than the standard resume type.   1 Answer

Manager, IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TCP.

Interview

The entire process took 3 weeks, the interviewers were very professional in the way they conducted the 3 interviews. Immediate feedback from the HR recruiter, great communication in regards to follow-up, setting up the interviews, flexibility, availability.
    The hiring process was not difficult, included 7 references, background check, and then drug test on the first day of employment. The offer was sent via email and mail, the details on it were exactly as discussed with the Director of HR. The interview experience and the hiring process get thumbs up from me.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions during the 3 interviews to be difficult or unexpected. The one question I was glad to hear was in regards to what I am looking for in an employer, what is important to me in order to consider employment with a company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me more than what I was asking for, very generous pay. I did not negotiate vacation or sick days, the company provides a certain number of days based on years of employment and employment status.

SSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TCP (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Ok ..... Zzzzz ..... ...... ..... It was okay it was easy but now they're making it more difficult they will make you go plan line and then it takes about five days then they will go ahead and interview with the district manager and then part of the district manager you'll go interview with another store manager and then after you interview with the district manager then you get set up to go interview with HR and after HR than you have to have an interview with the regional manager

Account Representative1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TCP (Akron, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

First interview was on Skype with HR director, the second interview was with a sales manager for about 30 minutes. He asked me to put together a 30-60-90 day sales presentation.Five days later I got a dear John, letter in the mail.