TDC (Denmark) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TDC (Denmark) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at TDC (Denmark)

Recruiting Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TDC (Denmark) (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied online and then they called me. She asked me questions about my sales experience.

Interview Questions

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TDC (Denmark) (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for a job developing on a cable tv box for their Cable TV division (YouSee)

I use the box myself, and I work with the same technologies at my current job. The box works ok, but the software feels quite buggy from a users perspective. Therefore I thought I could use my competences to make a better product.

I was welcomed and placed in a room (no coffee or water was offered). I small talked a bit with the section leader, and after 5-10 minutes another developer came in. I was told that the third person supposed to participate in the interview was out sick.

At the start of the interview I was asked “So you just got your degree?”. I got my degree in computer science in 2002, so clearly I couldn’t acknowledge that. So I had to assume that they haven’t read my application or resumé at all before the interview. I therefore had to ask them about their practices regarding bug tracking / project management, version control, testing etc. Some answers were interesting, some were vague. I made it clear that I was quite unsatisfied with the lack of (mainly technical) questions from their side.

So, I was called in for a second interview. I apologized for being so direct at my first interview, but it wasn’t a problem they said.

The third developer was present at the second interview. I got the impression that he worked with the same technologies as me. He was, however, not interested in discussing that. He started out by saying that I should tell him, what I did in my spare time. I told them a couple of things i do in my spare time, but they weren’t really interested in listening. Out of the blue the third developer asked me “How would you feel about homosexual advancement on the job”. My experience is that I can work with all types of (weird) people if they are good at their job. I’m not gay, but I found the phrasing of the question inappropriate and unprofessional, so I didn’t answer it directly.

They asked me how I handled conflicts. My main point was that I would rarely get angry, and always try to patiently understand peoples argumentation and that I preferred face-to-face meetings for conflicts over emails. At my current job I’m often right from a technological standpoint, but I was hoping to be more challenged at this job.

A week later my application was turned down because they felt I had a submissive body language and that I was not extrovert enough.

My own feeling was that the third developer and the section leader were aware of their unprofessional behavior, and therefore wanted to forget all about the interviews.

Interview Questions

• So you just got your degree? (first question)   1 Answer
    • What would you say are your core technical competences?   Answer Question
    • How would you feel about homosexual advancements on the job?   1 Answer
    • “How do you handle conflicts?”   Answer Question