TETRA Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.5

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TETRA Technologies (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Spent one hour with manager. Friendly but red flag was that position open for more than 6 months and manager was very vague as to process and reason job was open for so long. Very little in the way of prescreening and I felt like recruiter was putting whoever she could in front of the manager. They never called or had courtesy to email with feedback or a no thank you after an in person interview. I still have no idea how my interview went after 12 days. As an HR professional, I would not want to work here after my interview experience with this organization.

Interview Questions

• Manager was concerned about the projects I had completed in regards to HR improvements.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview

The interview was basic questioning. It involved behavior questions and some past experience questions. I interviewed with two managers and it took about an hour. Nothing to difficult as this was more of an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenging project and how you accomplished it.   Answer Question

P&A Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TETRA Technologies (Houma, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a interview with management & HR. Sat with management, answered job related questions. Advised this is a 24 hour call-out potential job, although schedules are more the norm.

Interview Questions

• What values are most important to me.   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TETRA Technologies.

Interview

Spoke to 2 levels of managemwnt plus HR representative. Good building security, but relaxed atmosphere once in the offices. Received benefit plan information at first interview. Also spoke of salary expectations which I am not accustomed to in a first interview. It was a comfortable process.

Junior Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinton, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TETRA Technologies (Hinton, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Very informative and informal. We sat and talked about the job and what to expect and my previous experience. Tour of facility. Went over the benefit package Tetra offers and per diem benefits.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TETRA Technologies (The Woodlands, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Brief and short. There wasnt much to it because they needed someone right away. I did talk to several people whom i would be working with. They all asked the same questions. It at times was some what disorganized on where i would go next and to whom would take me.

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TETRA Technologies (The Woodlands, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back, but very focused. I actually interviewed for more than one position at a time which was very interesting, but about 3 managers needed a position filled, hence interviewing for all 3 of them. No firing squad here or strange panel of folks. All of the interviews were done individually.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I encountered was a VP wanting to know why I left my last few positions. He was not offensive, but they will check for behavioral patterns and the desire to work and achieve things for yourself.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TETRA Technologies (The Woodlands, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviews were good and to the point. I was asked to come in a few to many times, which became a hassle. The process was a pain in that HR was slow, and they couldn't do anything in salary or time off. It was all market controlled.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was told this is what we can do, and that HR had control of everything.